Why do guys lie and say they're single?

So I got speaking to this guy, said he was single, took my number.. Asked me out blah blah blah. All was good but there was something in the back of my head telling me not to trust this guy. So I dedided to have a little stalk on his Instagram and came across his girlfriends page... Oh it gets better he then begged me not to say anything to her even though he had lied to both of us and I of course told her because I'm an actually decent fucking human being and no person deserves to be treated like a piece of shit... But please tell me.. Why do men lie about their relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are terrible human beings and others are not, nothing new under the sun.

• It seems in this generation a lot of guys lie about being single though

• Well when I come across an actual honest human I'll believe your words

• Let me know when it happens and I expect a wedding invite :D gonna try to catch the bouquet to piss off all the hungry bridesmaids.

Most Helpful Girl

• So they can get more sex of course. Pff men. Worst. Well, the cheaters anyway.

• Tell me about it, they don't seem to realise they'll get caught out though, I've caught many out like this and had to break the news to their poor girlfriends

• Oh that's anticlimactic. I'd like a thank you or a detailed description of her dumping him lol

• Lmao exactly that's what I was hoping for

What Guys Said 15

• This dude in question isn't serious about relationships, he's on a hunt constantly (based on your description), I already feel bad for the girl he's with.

His relationship with the other girl won't last long, but if you want to fasten up the process by giving him the boot of life and a lesson to be learned, you tell his girlfriend on what went down, but be ready to be a part of the drama if she defends him and accuses you and stuff.

Either way look at it like this, you dodged a major bullet, in case you were planning to be serious with him.

• The girl he's with... I did some serious stalking.. he has been with for years so it's even worse! Oh I told his girlfriend, he begged me not to, but I still went ahead then told him how much of a c*nt o think he is and deleted his number

• I think you did the right thing and you have nothing to feel guilty about and I hope that his girlfriend see's him for what he is.

Girls do that as well, I don't think it's gender related, I can tell you a quick story about my ex-girlfriend, we were together for 2 years, behind my back, she flirted with the other guy, until she finally broke up with me, within a week I was seeing her hanging out with that dude that she was flirting on my back with. I think that was the worse I've ever felt in my life.

Fast forward a year , I get an E-Mail from her asking to catch up with her, I come to find out that the relationship with the other dude did not work out, I ask her what does she achieve by trying to get in touch with me, to which she miserably says "nothing, not trying to achieve anything, just wanted to see how you are thats all".

And within a week she gets into another fresh relationship.

So I think it's not gender related, it's just some do it more than the others.

• She sounds like a girl I know, planned to get married to my mate, they were childhood sweethearts, all of a sudden she breaks up with him.. It's not even been 6 months yet and she's already in her second relationship... I hate people

• Sounds like he wanted you on the side. Congrats for telling her 👍🏼

• Men don't lie. Little fucking boys do.

• This is strange, um, cause. . . I'm. . . single. . . ?

• It's not guys, it's disloyal people, some people suck.

• because you won't talk to them if they say they have a girlfriend.

duh.

why do they lie? because they're unhappy in their relationship and it's easier to do nothing (stay in the relationship) than to take action resulting in change.

• Yeh but they also don't realise I'll ruin them and tell the girlfriend if I find out... And I always find out

• ok go ruin them then.

• Who knows, just want a taste of new pussy maybe? Some guys are just jerks, just like some girls are sluts. There are plenty of girls who ahve a boyfriend or married and sleep with other guys. Who knows what's going inside their heads.

You did the right thing telling his girlfriend.

• I have a second question for you... Why is a guy a jerk if he's sleeps with other girls but is taken... But a female is a slut? 😐

• A lot actually can.. or they flex and get laid... Face it, both sexes are sluts

• You can keep saying it, its NOT going to change the facts. Give me no counter arguments except of they "both sluts". Name one other scenario in life, just one. Where one group puts in all the effort, and other reaps the same rewards and same praise. Just one?

If what you say was right, promiscuous girls wouldn't lie about their numbers to trap guys!

No matter how much guys flex, they still have to work for it. Ask PLAYERS!

• He's likely not satisfied in his relationship. Usually meaning he's not feeling desired from his girlfriend. And when you came up and showed interest in him it reinvigorated him.

• I've said it a hundred times before... If you're not happy just leave. Is not difficult, I've done it myself

• @Daynada That's a tough one and I wouldn't know how to answer.

• so he can cheat on her

• I don't get into relationships so I am not sure... I'm always seeking new sexual partners. Guys and girls although do lie and cheat there is nothing new about it

• To get some ass.

• Do they? I don't

• Why do girls find married/taken men more attractive?

• Why do women give out their number if they have a boyfriend? Why do they flirt and try to get your attention?
    Because the dating scene has become a joke.

• because them types are stupid players. or they are not really into their girlfriends etc. and are looking for a new better one.

• If here looking for a new one they're going about it the wrong way because if they come across a girl like me and I find out they've been lying. They end up basically with their balls in a vice

• You didn't help... You said it was okay... Then insulted me

• re-read your comments, cause i didn't ever insult you. but since im not being of any help to you, than dont bother me anymore

What Girls Said 3

• Well, not all men lie or act that way. Some people (both men and women) are simply cheaters and enjoy the thrill of cheating on their significant other. They simply lack respect or consideration of other people. Cheaters are typically very selfish.

• surrvial of the fittest.

• Because they wanna get laid with others cuz their current girlfriend got them bored or not giving them enough