Have you ever regretted ghosting/disappearing on someone?

and what makes you disappear on someone without giving them an explanation?

I've only ever completely disappeared on a couple guys that were being really creepy and felt bad but didn't know how else to handle it. never regretted it though, just felt a little bad.

• yes, tried to get back in touch, but they blew me off
  • yes, got back in touch, we're talking again (dating or friends)
  • yes, but didn't try to contact them
  • nope!

Most Helpful Guy

• That's rather nasty. Not into that life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't "ghost" people. I make it clear if I want to stop talking.

Then, if they persist, I just stop. Not "ghosting" you, because you've been told.

So, no regrets. :D

What Guys Said 14

• I had to go with " nope " . Mostly because I have never ghosted anyone. I have always had enough balls to just say hey here it is ( reason ) and good bye. Ghosting some one is a low way of saying I'm chicken shit and can't deal with confrontation and your potential for crying is just something I can't handle either so sit and wonder if you will ever see me again... The cowards way out

• that's good of you. though I don't know if I would go so far as to call it cowardly.

• I feel despite the fact it hurt to be broken up with , the humiliation of not being told anything is pretty low. I was never one to do that to a person and wouldn't want to go through it either

• Yeah, I felt like I was putting in all the effort into dating this girl, making all the plans, everything - so after one date I didn't ask for any more (but I still texted her) to see what she'd do. No more dates, no more texts. From her perspective I ghosted, but if she'd asked to go out again, I would have. Oh well.

• I don't ghost. Adults should at least say "I don't want to see you any more" and leave it at that. Better than ghosting in my opinion.

• I made that mistake long ago, I don't do that without an explanation now.

• back when I was insecure I would run from girls who were into me. There was a really sweet girl who was interested and she invited me to an invent which I agreed to go to. at the last minute I cancelled and never called her back.

I was in the "I'm not sure about this stage" and I let my insecurity, doubt and fear control me. I felt bad about that, it was lame, took me a long time to grow up and out of old childhood traumas. So that was my mistake, really not being a man at the time.

• I've never ghosted someone.

• there's this crazy bitch I starting seeing a few months ago. We fell out and I started ignoring all her texts. She started texting all my friends/family/co-workers asking to 'keep an eye on me' because I 'might be upset'

Filed a restraining order on that bitch and changed my locks. Ghosting to a whole new level.

• did she have a key to your place? why don't you just tell her to leave you alone? I don't think you can get a restraining order over someone calling/texting too much

• Haha nope!

• nope, did that only with one or two people and it was the best thing I did lol

• No. I live my life without regrets. And I no longer feel bad about anything I do to women.

• I've never done this but want to now.

• I get ghosted all the time. But that's because there's always another guy the girl is more interested in.

• I once had two girls who liked me. Acted playful only to know them better finding out below the surface between intelligence to such a degree i didn't have anything to talk with them. I couldn't comment as it would be rude. So i slowly talked less and less. I felt/feel mean for disappearing like that but i didn't know what to do.

• Janice I made a mistake, if you see this, please contact me, I love you <3
    I ghosted on her, and then when I tried to reconnect, she was nowhere to be found, I have asked everyone about her whereabouts except her family. No one knows.
    She also doesn't have any social media. She disappeared </3

• what did you do?

• I chose another girl over her, I regret it everyday, we were close friends for so long, and I was too naive to see that she really cared about me.
      I chose momentary pleasure over a fulfilling relationship with someone who understood me.

• Nope, I've never done that!

What Girls Said 17

• I asked this question a few weeks ago because I found out that a guy who ghosted on me did it because his friend told him he already screwed it up with me, so maybe he didn't really want to. That made me feel better about it but it is still a horrible thing to do. I have done it before but only if I only went out with a guy once or twice and we were not physical. It has happened to me after I was seeing someone for a couple months or longer though. I didn't regret it because I was not into those guys at all, but I felt really bad about it. I wouldn't do it again now that I am older.

• Yeah. I do.

At the time I felt like he was just progressing too fast telling me all about his life and his parents passing away and one night he was drunk and telling me he was upset and how he wished I was there.

And I freaked and blocked his number. Recently unblocked it but haven't done anything about it, bc it's been about a year since I ghosted.

• Never did it before

• Yeah when I was a teenager. Never done it again and never will. Whatever is on my mind/heart I always say it. I don't have a problem telling someone that I don't want to hang out with them.

• I usually have good reason to ghost them or it's unintentional because I just got really busy with life. I know a bad boy that has a thing for me. I like him but he's just *too* bad for me to foresee a comfortable future. I ghost him so he knows I'm interested without actually saying it. I wouldn't mind staying friends but I'm afraid of stringing him along without meaning to. It's better for us both not to talk.

• Well I have to admit I have but the 2 guys I did it to were simply 1-2 date guys. Guess I was just being a coward.

• hehehe almost everytime... nope, it's a lie... everytime, everytime I smell commitment or caught a guy developing some feelings toward me :D heheheehe
    oooh and I do that on my friends all the time too... regrets? yes, but I can't help it...

• No the guys that I have ghosted were crazy and one even started contacting me from a different number.

• what did you do then?

• I told him that I didn't want to see him and told him not to call or text me again. He asked me why I felt that way and I told him and then he left me alone.

• Yes, I called him a while who like 2am, I was wasted. And well, we actually started talking again after that.. :o

• i don't ghost on people unless i don't wanna talk to them

• I ghosted him because he was annoying and boring. No regrets here.

• Yeah it happens, and it'll happen again, oh well. I don't always do it intentionally.

• No because it's usually with people I have no emotional attachment to. Therefore I don't feel guilty. I never think about them once they are no longer in my life

• yes, got back in touch, we're talking again, We're in relationship now even tough i disappearing a lot of his life

• who got back in touch, you or him?

• "I'm getting mad" would have worried me

• Why? maybe it's going a bit too far but he doesn't do anything to harm me so I think it's ok

• Had an argument one day, he got pissed off, said sorry and he will give me space. He then blocked me everywhere and I haven't heard from him since even though I tried messaging him once but no reply ever. I don't know what you call that but feels like punishment to me.

• Ghosting is cruel, I just dump men if I don't want to see them again.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more