Shallow if you rejects people with certain characteristics?

Why do people call others shallow or superficial in they rejects girls because of her small boobs or butt or if the girl rejects him because, he isn't muscular or has a small penis? Those people who call them out do have preferences as well. wouldn't most people rejects someone because of their race or if someone is extremey ugly or fat. Everyone is superficial than. There is no difference to rejects someone because he/she is fat or because of small boobs. Everyone has things which turn them off. There are guys who would date fat girls but not girls with small boobs and the other way around. Dating and love only works with sexual attraction. Why do people transfer their preferences and morality on others?

Most Helpful Girl

• Rejecting someone because they have certain features like small boobs or muscles IS shallow.

WAIT!
    Before you get all crazy and bothered, that doesn't always have to be bad. Nearly every person is shallow about something. Very few noble people exist that give absolutely no fucks about looks, they're either noble af or blind. And I mean literally blind not "you think Im cute? Omg you must be blind lololol"

I don't mind that people are shallow or have high standards, but holy fuck, own up to it. I'm very shallow with first glances, I do care that the person is physically attractive TO ME, after that, THEN I can get to know your personality. And I do have high standards. On GaG, apparently I have unreasonably high lol

Most Helpful Guy

• It has to do with emotional and sexual maturity. 'Emotionally Developed', 'Mature' people, and 'Sexually Confident', and 'Mature' people don't see these superficial things, but rather the PERSON!
    As you grow up, and experience life, and meet others with other ideas, and thinking, you start to learn that it is the PERSON that is really attractive!! WHO they are, as a PERSON, is what is really appealing!
    Physical beauty lasts for only a few years. What do you have, after that, if you don't have a personality, some things you like, things you do, and share with others.
    A person is more than just the appearance, and that alone, judging that, is a measure in itself. . .

What Girls Said 5

• In American society there is great pressure to choose someone who is "pretty" because Americans place too much importance on superficial and materialistic "stuff".

Often times, younger men won't choose a girl based on personality, they'll date a horrid bitch just because she is "hot" and his friends will be jealous.

Additionally we have this "everyone is a winner" crap deluding our youth into thinking they'll keep getting "participation trophies" just for showing up. Basically, they're taught that they don't actually have to try, and if people don't recognize their "natural greatness" then those other people are just "shallow and stupid".

But there actually are people out there who genuinely do not find personality attractive, and can only be happy with a "pretty person". At that point, it really is a matter of personal preference and they're not being shallow.

• by the way, I'm sapieosexual. I'm attracted to intellect and personality, not appearance. If I don't find their personality attractive, I won't find them physically attractive.

• Does it mean gender doesn't matter to you?

• Touche. Never thought of that one before, nor have I been asked! I haven't ever fallen for another woman, and I've only ever dated/had sex with men. But even though I identify as "heterosexual", I do believe it is possible for me to fall for a woman.

• Everyone is superficial and shallow. Everyone does have a preference but if your only reason for not dating someone is they have smaller tits or less muscular than you like but are otherwise perfect for you, that's too shallow imho.

• I call both of them superficial and shallow.

• When I think of the word shallow I think of someone who dates someone's for their own selfish reasons. You like the help because it boosts your ego vs the average girl who be supportive and geniune. You date the fit girl instead of the fat girl because you don't want to be ashamed. A shallow person in my opinion cares out looks because they are selfish and they want to look good for society. ( show off) shallow people don't date someone who is a great person to them, they date the person who will give them that ego stroke, make their friends jealous and other people wish they were in their place.

• I don't think it's shallow at all. Everyone has preferences and dealbreakers. Why should anyone date some who they aren't attracted to for whatever reasons. I certainly wouldn't.

What Guys Said 14

• preferences are one thing but rejected a person simply without getting to know them otherwise is shallow. it's the definition of shallow or superficial

i think if people are going to reject people for superficial traits they just need to accept that they are being shallow. it's not transferring of principles it's just an objective fact

• They are hiding their own insecurities over these issues by making it an offence to reject someone due to them. All to just make themselves feel better.

• Everybody desires different things in a partner, it is all about not being an asshole or bitch when turning somebody down.

• nah its all about your personal taste VS people expectations (mostly unrealistic) VS prejudice of those two things.
    cut the bullshit and like what you like and dont give a shit about what people thinks, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I do not understand it either. I've noticed that people on this site are obsessed with some trists like blonde hair and blue eyes too. Many features can be attractive together if seriously have an independent mind instead of being washed by the propaganda.

The world would be so boring if people all go for plastic surgery to look alike.

• then not than

• I would rather go for the morality myself. With age and time, Looks fade. And the better looking ones are more prone to infidelity than the other ones are.

• For men. Yes. For women. No.

• Most definitely, and there's nothing you can say to them. It's all in their own head.

• @dragonfly6516 Pretty much. It's a never ending contest of self importance to be done at the cost of others. I don't even want to talk about the casualties that can happen as a result of these attention seeking wars. I just avoid these types at all costs. I have seen their kind several times before.

So I would rather put my stock in someone who has morals as opposed to those who don't. Those who take an interest in me will need to meet me on my level.

• Because we're all fucked up :-)

• People don't like to feel like they are inadequate in some fashion, so "shallow" is a go-to shaming tactic, especially if it's a characteristic that they have zero control over (such as height or race).

• Because everybody has an opinion. Truth is it doesn't really matter.

• no. i dont think so

• It's shallow because you're judging solely by someone's physical appearance.

• We all know women are hypocrites.

• The problem is people tend to be hypocrites. The same guy and girl you couldn't love and be with because you had a preference is good for you later down the road when your looks are in the shitter.