Is going to the prom with someone considered a date?

Is going to the prom with someone considered a date?I never really considered it as an actual date per say but i'd like to get views of other people.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If the words 'as friends' weren't included as part of asking, then it's more likely intended as a date, even if you are currently just friends.

If the guy is offering to pay for shit not just split costs directly down the middle, it's also likely meant to be 'a date'.

What Guys Said 14

• Calling an event a "date" means that you are telling your partner that you feel a physical attraction to them and you are interested in spending time together to see if it develops into a romantic relationship. It usually means that at the end of the "date," if it went well, you are okay with him giving you a goodnight kiss on the lips.

If you say it's not a date, have you told him that you don't think of him in that way? Has he said anything like that to you?

Don't worry about what other people may call it. Just be respectful enough to make sure that you two don't have any misunderstandings.

Is that you in the picture?

• Depends on the dynamics of the couple - If it has prospect of going somewhere it is a date if not it is a social arrangement.

• Yes it is just a date, and after the prom you have the option to have sex or just party, but not while you're in a school enviorment.

However I didn't went too my prom, I just played Battlefield 3 online on that day to finish in 1st place with the team winning.

Greatest achievement ever.

• It's definitely a date per se (not per say).

• I have heard that in Japan , now a days because men don't want to get married , they are encouraged to date in sexual surroundings where they could watch videos or be naked or even have sex. Even art classes are organized where the models are nude. Men is asked to draw a woman's figure and a woman is asked to draw a mans figure.

• If you don't make it clear that you just go as friends prior or you go wtih a same sex friend - yes, it is considered a date

• An extremely expensive one at that!

• I don't think it is. I went with a friend, and it wasn't a date.

• Yes. in way it can be considered going on date with a friend

• It's only a date if you are with that person

• I DONT ship it

• when i go out with my guy friends, do i refer to it as a date? no, we're hanging out. when you go out with the opposite sex, it's a date

• No, it's considered a form of indoctrination.

• Absolutely no LOL.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I would say A... Date.
    Even if it Someone who is not a Mate, it's still a Special Event in which you are going on His arm, and He who is Taking yours here, dear.
    The Corsage says it All, you are going to a Ball.
    Good luck and great question. xx

• It absolutely is a date! When I was in high school girls made a big deal of the prom and friendships were lost based on who asked them to the prom. Most of the students who went to the prom had been dating for some while anyway. I was never asked though so I didn't get to go to the prom, it was couples only no singles.

• Just becuase you go to the prom with somebody does not mean it's a date, especially if there's no official dating relationship. It just means you're accompanying somebody to experience the prom with.

• Yeah, unless you're going "as friends".

• In 'Straya we call it formal lol, and heaps of kids go with either their friends, or with someone of the opposite sex just casually, not as an actual date. Might be vastly different to the States, but it's my 2 cents.

• Yeah, but it could also just be a "friendly date" I guess.

Not a thing.

You're 13 you're not really going to prom until you're at least 16, anything less is bullshit.

i have middle school prom.