Guys, can emotionally unavailable guys still fall in love?

Is it possible for a guy thats emotionally unavailable to fall in love with a girl, but just can't be with her cause he doesn't want to open up, and be committed?

20

What Guys Said 20

• The words "emotionally unavailable" almost always come from a women. Just because a guy doesn't open up and confide in you doesn't mean he doesn't feel anything. In general guys just don't feel the need to share all their feelings with someone else.

It has nothing to do with whether he is committed or not. You are expecting him to show his feelings the same way you would, and that may or may not happen.

Maybe that's not what you want, that's up to you. I'm just saying that you can't assume he doesn't feel anything just because he doesn't feel things and show it the same way you do.

• Why is this even a question? You are asking the wrong question and frankly I see this as a red flag. Let me explain. This supposed girl is with a guy who is uncommitted and not open with her and wants to change the guy. Why is the girl with someone who is uncommitted? Insecurities? The girl CAN NOT, I repeat, CAN NOT change the guy under ANY circumstance. And no, you don't have the magic vagina. Life is short, so if he isn't commited then move on. Anything is possible, but realistically certain things don't and won't happen. In this case, the guy decides to be open and commited.

• 12d

I'm just asking a question, never said that I wanted to change a guy.

• 12d

I never said you did, however usually when these questions are asked, the asker is asking about their situation in the third person. I'm not being harsh or anything. I'm trying to save you or whomever has a situation like this the time. Having said that, you CAN influence change but the only person who can change him is him. To answer your question, yes they can but ONLY when THEY choose to. My thing is, nobody is born unemotional. Some event has changed the person to become unemotional. Just like how people become bullies. Maybe they were picked on in school and had enough. So they became s bully. Now, can a girl change a bully into being a nice fellow? No but you can have some influence, whether it be a statement or a hug or whatever the case may be. I hope this helped.

• I did, and even gave her a shot. All I got was reminded why I stay emotionally unavailable. Well, that, the news third, or fourth, hand about her pregnancy from some random lay and how AFTER that (by the way you still have that same job we know pays well right? teehee) she became interested.

• No. In order for a relationship to truly work there has to be an open communication between both partners. If he isn't "emotionally available" he isn't being open with you and can't truly be committed.

• Yeah, it is. We don't control those things, they just happen, but we can choose what we do with them. So, an emotionally unavailable guy can fall in love but he can choose not to do anything about it.

• Love is weird. We have no control over who we fall for, it just kinda happens. It may take more time if the fella is less emotional but overtime he won't be able to fight the feelings surging though him. When it come to the opening up thing, as he becomes more comfortable with you he will slowly open up more. That's usually a great sign of how well a relationship is going.

• Sure. Anything is possible, but obviously more of a challenge in this case.

• Yes absolutely! I hope I'm not just talking out of my ass, but I notice a lot of younger women don't want to put the time in based on social media almost primarily..

• What is exactly the meaning of "emotionally unavailable", i see that term a lot lately but i don't know what does it mean exactly, or what causes someone to be emotionally unavailable.

• I mean, it depends on what you mean by fall in love, but I would say no. He might have a crush on you though

• Lmaoooo fark no

• Well, is he closed up or uncommitted? If he is uncommitted, then he doesn't care, and simply wants a meat pocket. (in that case, you need to break it off before you get blindly attached.) If he seems distracted, then something may be on his mind and you need to *gently* coax it from him. If you can do that, you may just have him nabbed. ;)

• Depends on the girl and guy. Right ones can generally make it work.

• Guys in generals are not very open. We're all still human, just because we show little emotion doesn't mean we're robots. It comes down to what he wants.

• Yap, I think they are. At least my experience says so.

• Yes just because they might not show it they do just in a different way

• Maybe.

• No not really and I'm really becoming that guy quickly

• It's possible yeah. Is it worth pursuing? Most likely not. Anytime I've dated emotionally unavailable women, it ended up being a disaster.

• I have walls all over my heart. I been hurt and I really dont trust anyone and people. Sad as it may seem, Im getting older and I hate people even more because I dont trust anyone :(