Would you date a girl with scars?

I was burned by very hot water when I was a baby (I'm 18 now) and have burn scars on my jawline, chest, and upper arms. I consider myself to be pretty and with a very nice body, but I find that my scars have been holding me back. I can pretty much cover most of my scars up well except for the one on my jaw. This, for me, is the hardest part because they are not that noticeable unless I wear a dress or go swimming. I find myself avoiding these kinds of things. My question is how do you feel dating a girl with burn scars? What happens when you don't even find out the extent of the scars until later on in the relationship? Would you not see her the same way? Thanks in advance! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a friend who had surgery on her stomach which left a long scar for the incisions. She's got a great body and cute face but the only flaw is her scar.

She's very conscious like yourself about it and won't wear a two piece. I however don't find those scars a distraction at all and have tried what I can reassure her they are okay.

I think what will happen is one day she'll accept that those scars are part of her and will be for a long time.

I don't know my point but I personally don't find them a turn off as it's an accident you can't control.

What Guys Said 6

• It would be helpful to see a picture, but I doubt the scars are as bad as you think they are. People are always self conscious about their own "flaws" even when most people don't notice or care about them. If you do look good otherwise than your scars shouldn't make a difference at all. If someone does notice than you can laugh it off or tell some ridiculous story about how you got it (tell them the truth later). My friend who is missing a pinky made up a ton of funny stories about how it happened and he tells a different one to each person. Turning your imperfections into something to make light of is much better than being ashamed of them.

• Im a guy and I know how you feel. I'm 23 now, back when I was 17 I was set on fire with kerosene. I have scars on my back and right arm. I have no scars on my face, I have a nice body and I get attention from girls all the time, apparently I'm pretty hot, so I've been told. Once a girl finds out I have scars its pretty much over. This isn't just once either. I've been alone for 6 years now :( My girlfriend left me when I was burnt, she said she just couldn't deal with the scars. I wish I could meet a girl that didn't judge me beacause I have scars. I almost believe that If I could find a fellow burn victim (pretty girl) maybe she would understand. As the otehr guys say scars don't make you, you do. I wish attractive girls had some depth :( I was use to dating the most attractive girls, maybe I'm having trouble coping! I would rather be alone than be with someone I'm not attracted too. Scars on girls don't bother me at all, if they did I guess I would be a bit of a hipocrit.

• i'm not even going to look at previous posts until I answer this one...

scars don't make a ***** difference to me. it's the connection that matters. if you're an awesome person, then I'd definitely give it a shot. but, that's how I am.

each person is different though. some people care about things that I don't think are even remotely important.

• i like girls with scars because I have a broken leg due to some prank I played in my child hood playing on a swing and also burn scars on my stomach when I opened the lid of a cooker with hot water in it.I understand that the girl will also have had a fun time before the incident and like to hang around with others.I think they are like minded to me and hence attract me very very much.

• Personally, i find women with scars more attractive. Burns, acne, slashes, doesn't matter. Be it on the face, body. The fact is that scars don't make you less pretty. When it comes to being less attractive i guess it is a matter of preference for men. I won't lie and say that your looks don't matter to men just so you'd feel better but i think scars are not that much of a problem. So go enjoy your scar and have plenty of love.

• Yeah why not

What Girls Said 1

• Hi:) I'm 20 and I was burned by hot water when I was a baby. My mom was making tea and left a cup of hot water on the table and when I tried to drink it I spilled it on me. Now I have scars on half my chest, my right arm, and the right of my jaw and skins graphs from from left leg. Why couldn't they just take from the right leg and keep it all on the same part of my body lol its like a checker board. Anyways I was in a relationship with a guy (I'm a female) and he told me that he didn't care about my scars because to him I was still beautiful and he loved my personality. We aren't together anymore but that's definitely not because of my scars. Some things just don't work out. You will find someone. Just don't give up on love and keep growing towards loving yourself! :) by the way he didn't find out about my scars until 2 weeks into the relationship.