Is it ok to hit your girlfriend if she cheated on you?

I notice that whenever the guy cheats on a girl and the girl gets mad and slaps him people feel he deserved it.

So if a girl cheats on you can you slap her?

is it ok to hit your partner regardless of gender if they cheat on you?

6d My question has a point and it's supposed to be provocative. My point is that people praise when a girl slaps her boyfriend because he cheated, and even feel he deserved it.

My question is meant to see how people react when it's the other way around that's it.

What Girls Said 11

• general rule of thumb: don't do illegal shit to resolve your issues, even if it is eye-for-an-eye justified.

• It's not okay to hit your partner, regardless of their gender. Just get up and walk out of their life, no need to resort to physical violence and become just as bad as them.

• Anybody else find these questions epically stupid? And clinically illogical?

• 6d

My question has a point and it's supposed to be provocative. My point is that people praise when a girl slaps her boyfriend because he cheated, and even feel he deserved it.

Explain why it's "stupid and clinically illogical"?

• 6d

Too tired to explain. Use your brain

• 6d

Lol if you're going to criticise then at least explain why instead of using the "tired to explain" as a reason to not answer, you weren't tired enough to answer in the first place, it's typing but jogging, how about you use your brain and come up with some criticism to actually express.

• No. it's never ok to hit anyone

• Personally i think any physical abuse towards anyone regardless of gender is wrong. If you're upset about something your partner has done communicate it to them or simply walk away but don't result to violence it doesn't help anything.

• I dont hear people praising girls for hitting their guys. I wouldn't hit my guy. As long as guys mind their physical boundries, I've no need to hit them.

• 6d

I'm talking about when the man cheats on the girl and the girl slaps him when she finds out. I see many people praising that

• 6d

sorry, i dont mean to be insulting or anything...

• 6d

No its not thank you :)

• No. Use your words man, come on now. If you hit her for that, dont even act surprised if she comes at your nuts with a stiletto.

When you hear stories about girls slapping guys when they get caught cheating, do you just not pay attention to the background peanut gallery actually condemning the girl for raising a hand to the guy?

• Legally it's not. You can't be arrested if you cheat, but you can if you hit someone

• If a guy ever cheats on me, I would never hit him! I would just break up with him and move on, not th end of the world... Violence is ugly, no matter the context.

• 6d

Thanks for the answer

• No one should hit anyone.

• 6d

someone should hit you though

• 5d

Lol do you think everyone likes you? I never showed you sexual interest. haha. Based on that response I don't think you know who I am and you're probably confusing me with someone else

• 5d

I don't think everyone likes me but you remind me of someone who told me to drink bleach.

• I know I am going to be judged negatively for this post, but I consider it alright if the guy slaps the girl who cheated on him. If a guy cheated on me, I'd probably fucking lose it, so I imagine it's the same thing for some guys too.

What Guys Said 19

• First off, its not ok to hit anyone, male or female.
    And when the woman slaps the man, its out of those emotions of their that make them crazy. As men we are less emotionally inclined. We are made more rational thats why we remain calm and just walk away.
    But if its that bad, i see no harm in a simple slap as well, i mean, hell, they do it. why can't we lol

• 6d

Your answer turn a turn in the end haha

• 6d

lol, yup, I only said what is morally right which is not to hit anyone. Then i said what i MAY do if it happened to me personally.. which it has never happened

• Yeah, because we've totally never had this question before heavyhandedly trying to show the double standards.

If your girl hits you, you can call the cops on her just as quickly.

• No, it's not OK. If she cheated on you then you can either dump her, or have a civil discussion about it.

• It's not worth it.

• no it´s never ok to hit somebody. i don´t freaking know why society apparently thinks it´s ok for a woman to do it. we are free people. if somebody cheats on you, you are free to leave them.

• its not ok to hit her but it is understandable. you should just break up with her.

• Why don't people just keep their hands off of each other?

• Nah dood if you're not in danger from her then hitting her really isn't worth it

• Fuck no, it's never OK.

• Nobody should hit anyone unless it's self defense. It just shows a lack of intelligence to resort to violence.

• violence is never an option unless you defend yourself

• Absolutely not.

You'd be stooping way lower than her trashy ass...

• I don't think it's ok for girls to the guys either.

• No its not ok to hit your partner if they cheat on you regardless of their gender.
    A lot of people might disagree with me though.

• 6d

I don't think it's ok to hit anybody, but I notice double standards regarding gender

• 6d

I will admit I have blind spots I have to work on. If my sister was dating a man and the man cheated on my sister and broke her heart and she got mad and slapped him I would be like "Yeah, that's what he deserves, fuck him" but if she was the cheater and he slapped her I would be like "Nigga, did you just slap my sister? Fuck you up bro, Fight me"

• 6d

Well lol yeah , iam soon 22 and i have younger sister who is 19 and i would prolly react the same as you said you would , can't help it.

• Lol, i guess if it's really necessary but most of the time it isn't necessary, the girls who do it are just fucking idiots. I get that cheating on your partner is scummy but violence isn't the answer.

• No it's not okay to hit her even if she cheated on you.

• Just wreck her car.

• Just break up.
    She isn't your slave or hoe servant.

• It is NOT ok.