After a fight, if you don't return my call is it "take a hint" time?

I was seeing a guy for 2 months. Then we had a nasty argument, well, really I was the one that got nasty and said horrible, mean things to him. Truthfully, I had PMS and the next day started my period. I don't know how much you guys know about that or if you're used to women using that as an excuse, but it's just 1 or 2 days a month I get bitchy and maybe flip out and say mean things. The very same day, a few hours later, after it hit me, how mean and awful I had been, I started texting apologies to him, practically begging him to forgive me. He only sent me one text back: "Fuck you bitch after all the sh*t you said to me". He would not answer my texts so I called his cell and left a message. Over the course of the next 2 days I sent him texts and called him maybe twice and left voice mails. I apologized and tried to explain. He would not respond. Then after another 2 days of me not texting or calling, he texted me asking: "WTF happened to you?" And I texted back trying to explain and apologize again, I reassured him over and over that I love him and didn't mean the things I said, and he said he didn't believe me anymore and that I drove him away. Then he texted: "We're both too broke to be dating right now" and I texted "Don't use that as your excuse, you know we don't have to go out and spend money to be together, if it's over just say so." And he texted: "I just don't know why you acted like that". And I again apologized and told him I love him and he never texted back. Why did he bother texting me in the first place and why can't you guys just SAY "I don't want to see you anymore" "This isn't going to work" why don't you just come out and SAY IT?!?! You give us false hope when you don't give us closure. I gave him every opportunity, I said "just tell me if it's done for you" "is it over for you" all he had to do was text back a simple "yes" but instead did nothing. And that's been it for about a week. WTF? Is he punishing me? Does he just not want to completely cut things because he wants to keep me on the back burner? Is he trying to decide what he wants? Or is he just done? Honesty please. I can handle it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I think you hurt him and now he is confused. On the one hand he likes you, but on the other I think he's deciding for himself not to be with you. Why would he want to be with someone who hurts him? Also, you're throwing yourself all over him by texting so much. You said you were sorry, you explained it: now the ball is in his court. Wait for what he does. If you've found love, let it GO... if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't it never was.

Oh, and next time - if you REALLY can't help your moodswings - be clear in advance about it. But please refrain from saying insulting things and stuff; no one likes that.

What Guys Said 2

• It's possible he's testing you to see what you'll do when he doesn't answer..but more likely he is just trying to say goodbye without drama or more fighting.

Move on and assume you won't hear from him again.

• If he doesn't contact you, spend time with you etc its over and move on...sounds like he is serious maybe he will change his mind only time will tell...

What Girls Said 2

• well. one, he might be thinking what to do. or I guess it's over and done. one thing about guys is that they do what they say. or they say what they do. something along those lines. anyway, I guess, him not texting you after two days is a sign that maybe says that it's over and done without causing drama.

Just move on and just realise that if he's not the one for you, there are other guys out there.

• I agree with nijlpaard 100%. PMS or not, you wouldn't go curse out your boss. You'd get fired and that would be the end of that -- no excuses. You already poured your heart out. Give it a 2 or 3 weeks of no contact. If he tries to talk to you, great, but don't use that opportunity to bombard him with apologies and explanations again. If no contact, then in a calm fashion, bring it up again and ask him if he really wants out.