Can a 16 year old date a 19 year old?

I just turned 16 and a sophomore in high school. I am psychologically mature for my age. I have never dated a guy let alone kissed one but I am a pretty good judge of people and relationships even though I haven't been in one. This 19 year old college freshmen is the first guy that I've liked that has asked me out. (At least I think he did... He's planning to take me to the history museum (where he used to work) and he never called it a date, but we have only met in person once so it would be odd for him to want to do this as a friend) especially because he goes to school about 5 hours away from where I live. (yet another problem) but he will be in my city for a conference soon. He is also very psychologically mature and seems like the opposite of a player. I really like him but is it just too weird?

I am probably cancelling the date but I want to ask- guys have you ever asked out a girl in a similar situation that you genuinely liked without just wanting to use them? Would you have been satisfied with no sex with her at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• the age difference isn't a problem you need to see past that becuase this might not be about dating you at all! if he is 19 and is so far away you need to think what he might want out of all this!

dont think OMG she right he might be! but just go with the flow until you know for sure! see what happens!

advice for you only date people maxim of 3 years older and 1 year younger!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• yeah sure let him use you

• I'm sorry but you are not "psychologically mature" if you think dating a 19-year old, in college, who lives 5 hours away is a good idea...

Just use your head a little. I don't wanna be mean, but its kinda obvious.

• Honestly... I totally agree with you. I wish I didn't but this is what I've been thinking all along. I just wanted people to convince me out of my better judgement so I could be with this really sweet guy. He does come to my city practically every week so that makes it a bit better... but you're right. Thanks for being honest.

• no I think its normal for a girl to like older men don't worry bout it...but you should ask him if yall are dateing or not and here's some advise if yall are you have to be very understanding and patient with him...i hope it works out for you

• Yeah, that's fine. Just don't get too sexual.