This guy stopped talking to me after he saw a picture of my face. Should I try texting him back?

I met a guy on another website and we started texting because we live in the same town. On the site I had a picture of my body, but not my face. People call me a butterface, so I'm afraid to show my face online.

This guy seemed really nice and based on his picture he was cute. After two weeks of texting he asked for a picture of my face. I picked one of my best ones and sent it to him.

That was on Monday and he hasn't texted me since I sent the pic. We used to text every day. Do you think he lost interest? Should I try texting him or call time of death on this potential relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, relationships start with attraction and after you have that, well it is all about personality and how well you get along with each other. So, yes, if you show a guy how you look and he changes up his level of contact to this extreme, I would say he found out he just is not attracted to you.

I think in online dating it is better to be honest and up front about our appearance than hold back on it. When I did online dating I experienced guys lying about their height and physical fitness as well as posting pics that were really not very representative of them. I don't know that for me any of these misrepresentations were the deal breaker but they did not help. Guys are more visual, and I have heard of male friends who were super frustrated to meet a girl and find out she was seriously overweight or looked older than her pictures.

If you feel your face is unattractive, online dating might not be the place for you to date but who knows. I would definitely not just post a body picture though. Sorry, but no amount of personality will make up for a guy just not being attracted to you. It is better to be up front and see what comes of that. I see plenty of people in relationships that would not be considered classically attractive. Don't sell yourself short.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• He lost interest with you probabaly if he thought your face was unnattractive,don't call him or text because he's a total asshole who is too chicken to text back.whats a butterface anyuway,can you showr a pic?

• Just forget it.

• Forget about him

• he probably is unattracted, forget him he's an ass focus on meeting someone in real life who gets to know you for YOU you don't want a guy who cares about looks anyways, the way he was begging you to see a picture just shows what a douche he is, you need a mature grown up man who likes you for your personality =p