What would you think if a guy brings you a beautiful orchid for your first date?

Just say it's our first date and I bring you a beautiful orchid

Thanks for all the answers, I think my culture is a lot different from yours, over here we don't ask out strangers so if I was to give an orchid to a girl I'd know her from some time beforehand. I asked this because I just think it's good manners to respect the lady, I just like being old fashioned. I feel as if the old ways are being lost into modern customs and beliefs, I personally don't think something as simple as an orchid can label me as trying too hard or having. A hidden agenda.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd think.. 'HE'S A KEEPER!'

Girls ADORE feeling like they're super loved. And this girl.. Well, she'll feel like she's the queen of the world. <3

What Girls Said 26

• I think it would be very sweet, and I'd be flattered.

• Spit in the nasty dogs face, how dare he?! >:(

Uh no, that would be a wonderfully nice, spontaneous, and romantic thing to do.

I just hope I had some history with him for such an intimate gift.

• I feel as though that's something that you should do for like the third or fourth date. It's sweet but I would feel like you were trying too hard. A first date is a trial period for both of you, she has to impress you just as much as you have to impress her. If you buy her stuff on the first date subconsciously she will know that she already has you kind of whipped. If you hold of then you prolong the challenge and she will feel a need to try to prove herself..which is what you want in the beginning.

On the first date just show up on time, look nice, be yourself, open doors but you don't have to lavish her with presents.

• But I will say it also depends on the girl. I crave the chase so for me it would just be too much. Plus I'm not really the type who would be impressed by what you can buy me. I would be more into who you are

• I would think it's beyond adorable. [:

I'd probably wonder if he normally did this on first dates though.

I guess it would depend on how well I knew the person too, and what their personality is like.

Like, if he was known to be a player, I wouldn't look too much into.

The gesture is sweet still. I don't know any girl who would be offended by an orchid..

However, the flower can't speak for you..You have to prove you're as sweet as your gesture was. :]

• I would wonder when the real him will rise and shine! =P

• Don't keep it in front of you, or it'll get smashed by my tight hug :P

• on a first date?

It would be different, but still really sweet.

• I would think that this guy has potential

• I would be impressed since I like nature and flowers and I would find the gesture really sweet but I would also think:

1) Wow he went through all that trouble for me, he must like me yay! :]

2) Ha this player has game, I wonder what his price for this Orchid is going to be.

• It comes across as too sappy for my taste haha, but that's just me. I like it when first dates are more like casually hanging out, not like, "let me buy everything and shower you in romance and woo you with my charms."

I certainly wouldn't completely write a guy off for giving me a flower on the first date, but it would just make me uncomfortable and I wouldn't know how to react.

• i agree, I love flowers more than anything, but for a first date, it's overkill, and I would feel a little uncomfortable

• I'd think the guy was really sweet.

• It is sweet in principle. But not in reality

• to be honest I'd think that the guy was trying too hard.

• YES! great idea :) 5 stars

• I'd think it was sweet and stupidly smile...=)

• i think its sweet. I'm sure some of the girls saying its overkill are also complaining to there friends that there are no good guys out there. its really cute

• That waould be very sweet but I would reLly love a rose from the guy taking me on a date.

• It's adorable. :)

• mega nawwwwness :)

• I would be like AWWWWWW, it just shows he thought about you :) Now if a guy would bring me milk on a first date I would be setting a date haha

• i'd be so flattered... orchids are beautiful :)

• i'd loooooove that :)

• I'd be pleased orchids are beautiful!

• I would think he cared about me. Then I would consider practicing baby making with him lol.

• i'd think he must be compensating for something.

• sweet, but overkill for the first date

• So you would not want a 2nd date if a guy did this for you?

• I don't think its awkward tbh, I think it'd be awkward if I wasn't fully comfortable in giving one to a girl in the first place. And it's just a single flower, it's not like I went out and got her a whole bunch with a card and chocolates lol

• but a single flower is a lot more personal than a dozen

What Guys Said 4

• DO NOT BUY HER GIFTS!

You're a guy and it's your instinct to want to provide for and help women. They're the princess locked in the tower and they're waiting for you to save them. But no. Logically it's a nice gesture but when have you ever known women to be logical? It's completely counter-intuitive but any guy whose good with women will tell you the same thing; gifts are a bad idea.

It screams "I'm insecure and I'm seeking your approval. Can I please buy a moment of your precious time?" I've wasted so much money on dead end dates it's unthinkable. All that money spent on first, second, and third dates, only to have her disappear into thin air, my wallet a little lighter.

Most guys can relate to the ideology that; the more you give a women, the more she wants, the less she gives. I'm not saying all women are like that but some are. It's not that they want to be that way but they need to in order to screen through all the retards and perverts. You need to find ways of standing apart from the pack and then cutting through all the bullsh*t and mind games.

You'll find women will generally respond better to you, if you make them earn your time and respect, and not give it away freely. Are you a nice guy? Then you only need to bring yourself to the first date and hope that in itself isn't to much; leave the flowers at home.

• no. no

• Yeah. This is really unlikely to help your cause, honestly. Maybe for a later date (once you'd at least kissed for instance) but not the first one.

• On a first date? I get the idea... but if I had a female friend that told me she was going on a first date with a guy and after the date she told me that he bough her a beautiful orchid; my first response to that would be . . . "Okay, so . . . what's the catch?"