Why doesn't he ever call or text?

I am really...really confused about this guy I'm talking to. We've been talking for months now, and hanging out. He's really sweet when we are together, and he actually will drive 20 miles to see me! But why can't he ever pick up the phone and call me? or text? If I didn't we wouldn't be communicating much! Does he expect me to initiate everything? Or is he not that interested? I don't know what to think! He seems so happy to see me...he treats me like a lady, but he never calls!

I am confused about this guy, please explain! I'm the kind of girl who likes to be chased, and in a way I feel like I'm chasing him. I don't even contact him everyday, I give him his space. But right now I am tired of this. This may seem childish but I have stopped contacting him and its been about a week. I just want to see how long it will take him to see how I am doing for once...

I really don't like playing games, but this was my last resort! I wan't to see if he's really interested.

Ugh! I don't know what to do! I don't want to tell him "Hey can you call me please?" because I don't want to sound all desperate and needy.

Please help me!

Okay...he just contacted me today. I guess it worked...
Thanks everyone for your answers and advice

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a friend of mine... He met some girl that he was crazy about when he was in New York visiting friends (which is a 2 hour drive from where he lives) and told me all about her and how excited he was and wanted to know if I thought she liked him too. Anyway, after hearing a recap of the weekend I agreed that it sounded like she was into him & asked when he was going to see her again. His response was, "I don't know." I asked when he had last spoke with her (it had already been close to a week since they last saw each other) and he said they hadn't! I asked if he had tried calling or texting, he said no... when I asked why not he said he was trying to work his schedule to see if he could get back up there for a couple of days but wasn't sure what to say. I told him to get his phone and text her right now & "Hi" would be a great place to start. I checked back a few days later and he still hadn't done it! He said he was trying to get tickets to the Yankees game then he'll call her. He ended up waiting 2 weeks before he finally called this poor girl.

I was dumbfounded. I always thought if a guy liked you they called but here was my friend w\ho really liked this girl and couldn't stop talking about her yet didn't call. I hadn't realized how awkward he felt about dating. So, he averaged talk to her in one form or another once a week or every couple of weeks for a couple of months and was already talking about bringing her to a wedding this summer but she eventually gave up on him and started to blow him off. I told him it was his fault.

I don't know your guy but just because he doesn't call doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like you. However, I like to be chased too. It's not because of some power trip or what not but I like confident go getter kind of guys and whether or not a guy has the confidence to take the initiative to ask me out is huge. It's the first clue I have that this guy may have potential.

So, you can try asking this guy what's up but I suggest you ask yourself if this guy is really right for you. =/