Too much texting before meeting?

Was introduced to a girl through a friend online. She is out of town about an hour away but after a few messages we decided to meet for coffee Sunday afternoon at a city in between us.

Texted Monday a little. Talked Wednesday 30 min on phone. Said if she didn't hear from me again, we'd talk Sunday morn. I want to text her tomorrow (Friday) and just say have a great weekend, looking forward to meeting you in person. Just to keep me in her mind and still seem interested (I have been told before I do not show enough interest) or is that to clingy and should just not talk again till Sunday?

I am good in a relationship, just this early on stuff always confuses me!

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about this. I haven't dated much since divorcing a few years ago and this is the first one I really felt could be a great match! Didn't want to sound like a crazy stalker dude. I think I have just read too much dating sites online!

I did email her a have a great weekend, look forward to seeing that smile Sunday message. She texted a thanks back and looking forward too.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my honest opinion.. I think it drives most females crazy when you DON'T text them. And, most girls are too afraid of seeming clingy/desperate/needy/over-eager, etc., to text or call a guy first.

• Thanks for saying that. I don't mind at all initiating, just didn't want to come off as desperate myself. I am excited, but not desperate.

• Thanks for helping this clueless guy! :) Hope everything goes great for you Friday!

• No problem! Anytime! I hope it does too. lol. And, I hope everything works out for you as well. :)

What Girls Said 6

• I think she said if she don't hear from you she will talk to you Sunday is because she's feeling the same way she don't want to sound needy or sound desperate. I think she was also giving you the open invitation to text her if you wanted.she's probably hoping to hear from you until Sunday Even if its just to confirm Sundays coffee.

• Well, most girls(and women) like when guys text them too much, that's how we know your thinking about us.

• Text her...it is a sweet reminder that you care about her having a good weekend...nothing wrong with that! =)

• that's not too much, it sounds sweet :)

• Thats not too much, it will put a smile on her face and you deffinitly don't sound clingy.

• I personally think it'd be weird NOT to talk to a guy a lot before meeting up.

What Guys Said 1

• You're over thinking this. Nothing wrong with a quick, "Hope your weekend goes well, see you on Sunday" If she wants to chat, she'll respond. If you got that text from her would you think she's needy, clingy? I wouldn't... just a friendly message and a reminder of your meeting on the weekend. I'd be more worried about dating her if she did in fact have a problem with receiving a single text message from a guy who's interested.