Would you rather get dumped before or after Valentine's Day?

curiosity...

Most Helpful Girl

• Before. It would suck to have a really great and romantic valentine's day and then get dumped out of nowhere a few days later.

What Girls Said 11

• Before.

If he stayed with me JUST because it was Valentines Day, it would be unfair to both of us. He'd be miserable and I would hate to have been lead on. I'd rather spend V-day alone or with friends than with someone who honestly doesn't want to be with me.

• Before. If it's too soon after she's gonna feel like it was all a sham.

• I'm gonna have to say neither. I would rather get dumped after though, considering my boyfriend just dumped me last night (day before V-Day). It was probably one of the worst things I've had to endure. I would of rather gone through my last ex dumping me 10 times over than having to deal with my current ex dumping me even once.

• id rather after because then that day isn't entirely ruined for you.

• After... I know it sucks once you buy and do stuff and all that... but if I was single on vday right after a break up it would make the day 10 times worse... just my opinion

• If it was at least a week, I'd say before.

That way I can at least have a rebound valenties or a "I hate men" valentines.

• i got dumped on valentines day and has been scarred for life of that day ever since then.

• I would like to get dumped after so you could still keep his gift

• Before V Day. Saves spending on a gift.

• before. I dated a guy that gave me this HUGE box of chocolates and a card with all the movie tickets we went to in it, and then dumped me in his car in front of my house on valentine's day. he wanted to give it to me cause he felt bad for leading me on. the presents made me think that he still wanted to date me, but at the same time there was something wrong with me and he felt sorry for me as in "she's pathetic". it was just really bad and confusing.

• Before.

That way I can catch the sales on chocolate.

• Couldn't you still catch them if you had a bf?

• Yeah, but if I had one, I wouldn't need one. He would buy it for me.

What Guys Said 4

• This belongs in the relationship section, not the sexuality section.

And to answer your question vicariously, after would probably be a little better so long as you don't go overboard gushy making it seem like everything is perfect over the holiday.

• This is the break-up section....

• I am glad it has been moved, then. It was in the sexuality section. I also think I want to change my mind...before is probably better. The other answers convinced me. :)

• before, because then you don't have to buy anything. I had the misfortune of getting dumped shortly after valentine's day. Now I know better.

• Before, then you can get someone else before the day. It's easier to get with people before the day because lots are in the "I'm gna be single for V-Day mode"

After the day no-one really cares.

• I got dumped before... and it sucked balls.

• Me too...it will suck either way, but before is better...just don't try to get back together after cause that is just shitty. (I'm not bitter or anything=P)