"I'm afraid of getting too attached"

To both girls and guys,

If you say this as sort of an excuse for not wanting to be in a relationship with the other person just yet,

Do you actually mean you have so strong feelings that you don't want to get hurt in the end,

Or

Are you just using it purely as an excuse?

Is it worth waiting for a guy who said ´im not ready for a relationship, I'm afraid of getting too attached¨?

Most Helpful Girl

• when a man says it it's bullsh*t

when a woman says it it means she has feelings for him but is worried they are not mutual.

i actually used that excuse today with a guy. I told him I'm worried I can't have sex because I don't want to get too attached. he said he doesn't understand what I mean.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's an excuse most of the times, because if he truly was afraid, it'd not be something you share.

• It's used to get p****. He's just saying that to make you feel a little better, essentially he's rejecting you because he is not interested.

No feelings are involved.

What Girls Said 3

• no one who really is afraid of getting attached is actually going to tell you, because it is a legitimate fear. However, if it's just an excuse, then its easy to confide this "fear." It's not you, no, no, its me. really. its a load!

• He is using it as an excuse and no, he is most definitely not worth waiting for. There are plenty of other guys out there who are not only better but who will be on the same page as you as well.

• It means that they do not allow themselves the luxury/weakness of being too closely connected with anyone. It's a sign of major insecurity issues on their part. It can either be said by a person with or without significant feelings for you, since they don't allow themselves to feel and enjoy that connection to it's fullest.

No, if a guy is saying this to you, he is trying to give you the nicest possible put-down. MANY, MANY guys say this and then marry another girl within months.