Do hot guys have it easier?

I've got a really good looking friend who I go out with to bars or clubs occasionally. I've noticed that when we're out every once in a while a girl will actually approach HIM and try to get his attention instead of the other way around. Also, if he does make the first move by approaching a girl, he really doesn't have to say much of anything interesting before he can have his hands all over the girl and she seems to let it happen.

Whereas if I, a homely looking guy, try to lay a finger on a random girl at a club without running some strong game on her, I'll end up coming off as a creep.

Is this the general rule? If you get approached by a really attractive guy you're okay with him touching your arm and waist and hands right from meeting him? And does he really have to say anything impressive or run any game at all to have you wanting to go home with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do hot guys have it easier?

Most likely yes as studies show attractive people generally get more attraction, better treatment, and better pay.

Is this the general rule? If you get appraoched by a really attractive guy you're okay with him touching your arm and waist and hands right from meeting him?

I think it's a general rule for people that if they're approached by someone they're attracted to they don't mind being touched by said person. I doubt most people disliked being touched by those they are attracted to.

And does he really have to say anything impressive or run any game at all to have you wanting to go home with him?

I highly doubt most people need to be impressed or have game run on them to be willing to have sex with a person they're attracted to.

What Girls Said 10

• Well your 'game' sure as hell must be a bit rusayy. Women, right off the bat can tell if your just layin out lines. Maybe your approaching isn't coming off too hot, too forward? Too blunt? Or you're just not that attractive? Which for one, may be the reason why they think you're a creep'. Hate to break it to you, but 99.9% of women's vocabulary 'creep' is always, most likely used when they don't find you physically attractive or just not interested. Sad. But most likely I bet if it was an attractive guy going up to them and approaching, they wouldn't be like, "Oh that dudes a creep"

• Yea I'm an ugly son of a bitch. I've got to say all the right things and say them with confidence to have a shot with a girl, whereas my good looking guy friend just needs to smile at a girl and wave her over for him to basically have it in the bag.

Maybe I should just not go to clubs or bars, it seems like those places are all about looks anyway

• Unfortunately some girls/women go strongly by looks, so in that case yes hot guys will get the most attention. But from what you described I think the reasons he may be getting approached more is because of the whole bar scene. Liquid courage really does a lot for a person and when your target is selected then well... BUT there also may be another factor. If he has a lot of confidence that can be a big turn on.

• Well like Marilyn Monroe once said in The Seven Year Itch:Your imagination! You think every girl's a dope. You think a girl goes to a party and there's some guy in a fancy striped vest strutting around giving you that I'm-so-handsome-you-can't-resist-me look. From this she's supposed to fall flat on her face. Well, she doesn't fall on her face. But there's another guy in the room, over in the corner. Maybe he's nervous and shy and perspiring a little. First, you look past him. But then you sense that he's gentle and kind and worried. That he'll be tender with you, nice and sweet. That's what's really exciting.

• No actually the bar/club are one of few places where girls actually have the courage to approach guys

• Looks honestly don't mean a lot to me. And I'm not a touchy feely person, so if I ever give a guy friend a hug, that would be a pretty big deal haha. Looks are a plus, but the only thing that I care about In a guy when it comes to apperance is a genuine smile, and his eyes :)

• Do you have confidence? That's the first thing I'd like to know...

• I kinda do, not the confidence to just go up to a girl and start touching her right away because I feel like a creep.

But my good looking friend does have confidence, a lot of it. If he sees a girl looking at him he'll wave her to come over, or he'll approach a girl or two no problem

I still think it's his looks though. The confidence probably helps a little but he probably needs a lot less confidence than I do to get away with some of the stuff he does since he's good looking

• ..wow..sorry about typos...i'm kind of tired..haha.

(cont.)...do your own thing, make some other friends...hang with different people...do something spontaneous...go to an event you haven't been to...spread your wings. good luck! =)

• ..Or...if your friend is a really great friend who has your back (does he?)...ask him how he gets all the girls...in a joking matter...so it isn't weird..heh heh. Maybe there is something confidence-wise he is using to get them...besides the looks as you claim..heh heh. I'm just speaking form experience here...having the looks does not always make it easier. it is all about the person..everyone's different. ;) let me know if anything I have said helps you out! ^_^

• Yes they do

• Ya I'm not afraid of what my friends are gona say lik if he's cute and shy my friends would probably say something negative

• Sure do

• Yes they do, because they can reject on a broader scale. They have the option of picking the type of girl they want to be with, and if they're humble, it'll be the right girl.

There's only one instance in which a really, REALLY hot guy didn't get the girl he wanted because she was emotionally unavailable, but in most cases, they don't have trouble, regardless of their job stability, income, living situation, etc.

What Guys Said 9

• We tend to be more ambitious when it comes to the women we pursue... When you set higher goals they are harder to reach. A good looking guy can bag average looking girls that are hanging out in clubs all night, but who really wants that forever? There are far fewer top shelf girls that look good and have good personalities to match up with a good looking guy with a good personality. It's like winning the f***ing loto when you just happen to meet one, then you have to work at it just like any other relationship. It's not easy man, don't kid yourself... =P In the end every guy wants to end up with a girl that he thinks is good for him. A girl that is on his level. If you are always taking the easy shots at the girls you don't really want, yeah it's easy but you are not happy. I'm sure you could bag girls all night if you set your sights on the ones you consider bellow your league to.

• Dont forget that people have been drinking and their inhibitions are down; what he might be able to pull off in the bars and clubs may not work in Malls and grocery stores. And about "touching" girls you don't know, try this instead of hanging all over her: when you meet a lady, and shake her hand, try holding that hand for a while when talking with her. It gets her used to you touching her, and if she doesn't pull back or try to end the hand shake / holding herself, its a good sign. I do this myself at the bar I go to when I want to ask a cute barmaid out. Also, maybe you should venture out on your own to Malls and grocery stores, practice cold approaches and lay some game on ladies there instead of bars and clubs; your little hottie friend is only distracting you and is pretty much nothing but competition. Happy hunting.

• good-looking, physically attractive people regardless if they are male or female are always going to have the advantage, upper hand in dating and relationships

• Well, tbh.

It is easier of course. I sometimes have like a whole squad of girls swarming me, good looks is overrated tbh, but it's inevitable. I can get sex with whoever I want, these girls keep hinting that they want sex with me. Though character is also very important.

• it should be obvious

• Obviously they have it easier

• also confidence doesn't really matter unless you have the looks OR if you're hitting on a girl more "in your league"

• yeah its easier

• depends if you have enough looks, because you can't be unatractive and have girls all over you

• yes, they do, but only at first, once the conversation start, it comes down to personality