Guy won't date me because I'm too young...maybe? Help?

So this really sweet guy gave me his number about 5 days ago. We texted the next day and everything, just a regular conversation. Out of no where he asked how old I am. I told him the truth and said I'm turning 17 in 3 months. He told me he was 20...

I had no idea he was 20, he looked very young and I'm not very good with telling what age people are anyway.

We continued a normal convo but...

Ever since then, he hasn't texted me or anything. I know he isn't busy because I added him on xbox and he's always online playing games. Anyways, I asked this question earlier and people said it was because I'm jail bait. I feel I look my age, but maybe he thought I looked older? I don't know.

Is 17 too young?

Is that why he's not talking to me?

I was sort of looking forward to something. I haven't had a boyfriend in a while :/

Should I just leave him alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• 17 isn't that young honestly, maybe he has other reasons...

What Guys Said 3

• He's being a decent man. For 20 year old, 16 is two young, and you're not 17 yet.

• that must be the case but he should have just told you that instead of not text in you. ask for some clarification and hey add me on xbox too :) gamer tag: kagebeast

• Guys that age won't Date you cause they don't want to go Jail. I don't blame them.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he finds you too young and doesn't wanna go to jail. but he could of let you know so that wasn't really decent of him.