Why would a girl text you first, then stop?

I don't get. She text me first, and when I replied back. She stops. Why she would do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because she got preoccupied. Or she texted you because she was bored for a moment and thought you could entertain her for a while but then she realized she wasn't in the mood to have a texting conversation and just lost interest.

i know I have done that, said hey to someone while texting and then decided to do something else, had absoloutly nothing to do with the person that I said hey to. I was usually totally oblivious to how important it was to the other person that I text them back just to say "nothing, what you doing?", untill I ran into the guy on campus and he said "im mad you can't text nobody back." When really it had nothing to do with him, my mind was just somewhere's else.

so from now on I make it apparent to just not reply at all if I know I am in no position to commit to a texting conversation, that way I won't get anyone's hopes up.

It kills me when people try to analyze text messages when first of all texting is not the best form of comminication anyway sinse you don't have the persons full attention. If someone dosen't text me back I tend to not think anything else of it cause it wasn't like we were really texting about anything anyway.

What Girls Said 5

• Something might have come up or she may be doing that to see how much you really want to talk to her.

• maybe she fell asleep... who knows?hehe

• Hard to get

• Seeking attention.

• I got a better question. Why would a guy give a girl his number tell her to text and then cut off contact after a couple days.

• prolly cause he was expecting to hook up and abandoned the notion when it didn't seem like it was gonna happen.

• because after you texted for a little while he realized that you were not what he was looking for. Maybe you wanted to talk and get to know him more but the guy was just hoping you were easy. He gave you his number because he was fishing.

• Thats what kills me tho. He knew that I'm not easy. But I think he was hoping I would be for him.

What Guys Said 4

• After reading more details to this story in the comments to zerocool. This girl is using you as a back up. When you said you weren't going out tonight she moved on to other people. When you suggested another night, she didn't really want to hang with you that other night, so she ignored it.

Drop this girl

• Women aren't always playing games with us. Sometimes they seriously can't get to their phones cause of work, parents, meals, class, shower, etc... Other times when they are playing games, they just want to see how patient you are.

• She texted me first. I replied, then nothing. If they text first, then that mean she want to talk. Don't do something then stop.

• She texted me and wanted to know if I was going out tonight. We didn't plan this. I told her that I have to go to work early tomorrow. How about Friday. No reply yet.

• in that case you may not even get a reply back, it's possible she's just looking for a good time tonight or want's to know what Friday looks like for her before replying. Personally I wouldn't expect a text back.

• Who tha f*** knows, man...I've been dealing with sh*t like that all the time. F***in chicks don't know wtf they want.

• That is stupid, why would you text someone if you don't wanna talk.

• its not stupid. I do that sh*t all the time. As someone who is busy all the time its easy to change your interest from texting to something that has higher priority. Why do people expect to have someones full attention via text anyway like you would if you were in person or actually talking on the phone. Its not the same, therefore there will be misscommunications.

• you're right in some context, when its a text for a particular reason;

what I was referring to is, if someone texts "Whats up?" and if that person can't respond or doesn't have time to follow up - why even bother with "whats up?" Just do it when you have time. Its more like someone calls you, says hello, and then doesn't say a word, and doesn't even hangup.