Texting a guy on his birthday?

For roughly 5 months last year I had a personal trainer. We got along extremely well, talking about everything. He left the gym in August, and although I did send a letter wishing him well, etc., I never did hear from him.

His birthday is coming up.. I know he had a rough year, and I was thinking of just texting him a simple 'happy birthday'..

If he responds back, great.. if not, that's fine too.. I would just hope it makes him happy that someone remembered..

Kind or Creepy?.. what would you think if you got that text message?.. especially if you haven't heard some someone in a while...

Maybe I know him better than I thought?.. I texted him.. he wrote back thanks, and questioning who it was.. I told him, and he didn't even recognize the name.. he said he'd call, but the name must have clicked, I haven't heard from him since..

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect your motive is more than just the urge to say hello, but that does not matter at all. Around one birthday is often a time of introspection and looking back. I am sure he would be very pleased to get a nice note from you wishing him a happy birthday. I suggest you add in some detail to give him an easy excuse to contact you back, for instance a remark like it would so nice to see you again and your phone number.

Definitely send him a note. It will only take a moment of your time and it may mean a very great deal to him. You don't often get the opportunity to make such a great impact on someone's life with so little effort on your part. :)

• Of course I'd love for him to text me back.. but I'm realistic that it probably won't happen.. I miss talking with him, joking around with him, his encouragement, etc.. He too had a great impact on my life.. Even after my training sessions ended, I didn't give up on the gym.. he's a huge part of what I accomplished so far.. yet with some of the things he doesn't even know it.. he'd be floored if I told him I signed up for a triathlon, etc..

• Well, are you going to contact him? Do not be shy. You simply must do this. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain by it.

• Yes, I decided I will with the simple Happy Birthday text.. nothing more, nothing less.. His bday is tomorrow, so I'll update you with a response if any was received.. ball will be in his court..

What Guys Said 6

• Well, I would be appreciative. I would be very surprised and want to know why I didn't hear from then & hope we could catch up. I think it would be very kind and he may connect the text with the letter and say how much you care for him. I HOPE you get a text back or more so he surprised you with a phone call. It shows you remembered his birthday which a lot of people who date forget so obviously this guy means a lot to you. Just do it better to find out than look back and wondered what could've been or would've happened had you gone out and taken a chance.

• I must say I am overwhelmed by the amount of positive answers to this question. Perhaps I am my own worse enemy but I was expecting guys to say it was creepy.. Yes, this guy does mean a lot to me.. I miss having him as my friend.. simple as that..

• its kind, and I would certainly reply back. I wouldn't think its creepy at all, in fact it would make me happy to get a text like that

• I think that'll be fine. I would appreciate it.

• It woudl seem your looking for an excuse to txt him So I say go for it. If you thinks your a creep he will not txt you back. He might have forgotten about you and with the next txt he might just say Ah!i rememebr her and so on. Good Luck!

• You are trying to tell him that, there is an heart that still remember's him and is looking for his wellness. Do text him.

• I think you should call him, if he doesn't answer leave a message. What's the worst that can happen? Calling is more personal then texting anyways. I have a similar situation with this girl I know, her birthday is tuesday. I'm going to call instead of text.

• Although I understand calling is more personal, it is also more intrusive.. I don't want to put him in a position to force a conversation if he didn't want to have it..

What Girls Said 0