Could you date a guy who was balding or had thinning hair?

It bums me out so much, it appears that I'm losing my hair on the very top of my head. I still have a full head of hair, except for in the front sides where my bangs are, my hairline has receded a bit. I don't know what I'm going to do! I have always looked great with a full head of hair and it's always been so nice and thick until the last year or so and it's started fading. I can't even imagine myself without hair.

I hope it stops thinning :/

Most Helpful Guy

• i have genes that make my hairline bad at early 20s.. yet I've dated some super hot chicks who never said one thing about it.. and if they did id throw their ass OUT haha!

What Girls Said 11

• It depends on the situation, I think a girl can overlook the fact by your confidence. Just don't bring attention to it, by touching it or wearing a baseball cap or putting too much gel, or combing it weird. A girl loves a confident man, regardless of how he looks, more often than not, this is a time to highlight/sharpen your other attributes, we won't be young forever...

• I feel my other attributes are in a healthy place so I think I'm OK. I wouldn't doubt that it may be another few years before women start showing their interest in me though.

• Of course I'd date someone with balding or thinning hair! If people just look at how you appear on the outside, then they aren't worth your time!

It really isn't what's on the outside but what's on the inside that counts.

Good Luck finding your lucky someone!

• Yeah, I don't see it as an issue. But if it gets too out of hand it's best to just shave it all off. Too many guys go around clinging to what little hair they have left and that looks worse than being entirely bald.

• If you are not comfortable dating with bald guy then don't go with him. It sounds you are just after on the physical appearance.

• It's not like you can control it -- it's hereditary. I've met plenty of awesome, goodlooking guys that have thinning hair/are bald. Just embrace it and be confident in what you have to offer. Hair isn't everything! :)

• I know you said you liked your full head of hair, but have you ever considered buzzing it? Thinning or balding spots wouldn't be as obvious and I know quite a few girls that find it really hot :) But to actually answer your question I think if I liked a guy who was losing his hair it wouldn't be a problem and as for looks I think the face is the most important factor!

• The only thing is I have somewhat of a pudgy baby face, not bad, but I'm worried that I'll look bad without hair.

• if I loved you then no problem. wouldn't be a 1st choice based on this info alone but love can overlook flaws

• Thinning isn't as bad as balding..you can reduce stress to help

• How can you reduce stress? I work and go to school and have struggled with depression as well. Not sure how to simply "reduce stress."

• Its kind of cute

• Ya choose best answer

• I dated a guy extremely thin at the top (he was 23). I didn't care. I rea~lly liked his personality plus he had an inordinate amount of confidence so it was no big deal. :-)

What Guys Said 5

• This happened to me too, and it will ony thin more rapidly. OF course there are artificial ways to 'cure' this, but I look at it this way: the really superficial type of girls will be turned off, since you do't look like a movie star; but the more worthwhile girls will jsut figure you hhve normal, healthy male hormones, and won't be turned off. They'll see you as a genuine guy since you're not runnning to get hair transpalnts or using chemicals to make the hair regrow.

• Let me just say this: if a woman were to break up with you or simply not date you in the first place for having a receding hairline, she's not worth your time. It's something that happens to tons of people, and like others here have said - you can't avoid it; it's genetic. If you and a woman really *click*, baldness shouldn't be an issue. Good luck out there!

• I'm 21 and the top part of my head/crown has been thinning out a bit also in the last year or so... Stoopid genetics.

Also what type of hair style do you have at the moment? Might be best if you buzz it off like a number 1,2,or 3 as it actually looks less noticeable and your hair may already be damaged, have split ends etc and may grow back in a bit healthier.

I took the leap a few months ago and I got my hair cut. I got a number 4 or something on top and then asked if she could sort of fade it to a number 2 on the sides and back. Initially I didn't like it but people have said I look better and more mature. I started to like it after a few days as I got more comfortable with it and now I don't think I'm going back to longer hair again lol Actually I was thinking about getting a number one on the side/2 on top next time I go. Plus its easy maintenance :p

Alsoo the hairstylist told me not to wear hats to much, don't use loads of shampoo (a little bit is fine) or any other hair products. And stay away from blowdrying/hard towel drying. Oh and if your hair is thinning and you must style it -stay away from gel instead use hair wax. You might also want to consider buying vitamin/work-out caplets as some of you hair loss may be attributed to vitamin deficiency (cant remember the names she told me).

Nonetheless, rock whatever you have. Don't let girls know you are worrying about it when you are hanging around them.

• Don't worry about your hairline brother. Women get fat, get un-horny, stop shaving and become essentially repulsive as time goes on. Remember, you will always age better than a woman and that will work to your advantage. All she will do is take your money, so make sure you stash some.

• I have a friend who is a big guy in build but has a bit of a belly and is balding. His girlfriend is so hot and I get boners basically just looking at her. She's awesome too like knows about sports and cars and she drinks beer. Granted, my friend has an awesome personality and treats her really well too. But in looking at him you'd see that he is no Channing Tatum or Tom Brady. OK now I have a boner thinking about Tom, so I have to go now.