My boyfriend stopped initiating conversations...what's going on?

Can anyone please give me advice. I'm really starting to panic. My boyfriend usually talks to me every day, always through text only, we don't talk on the phone. But anyway, he always initiates conversations with me and tells me how his day is going. We got in a fight two weeks ago because I tried to get him to talk about his feelings and he wouldn't. I apologized the next day and he texted me all week and up until this past weekend. Suddenly Monday I didn't even hear from him. Tuesday night I texted him and he told he he's been sick and staying home from work. It was brief but I felt like everything was fine. Yesterday I again initiated and asked him how he was feeling. He said a few words but was preoccupied watching a movie with his brother. Today I haven't heard anything. I'm starting to panic because he's never done this before. And I see him doing things on Facebook, so why not text me? I'm so scared he's going to dump me. I don't know what to do. I really want to confront him about it but most people say to ignore him completely. What do you think? And we've been together for almost a year.

Most Helpful Girl

• ignore him completely is right,he is distracted which is not a good sign but chasing him will only make him run faster..let him go and act like you don't care

• thank you

• I've never had a guy go all out for me :[

• i know guys are so insensitive ...and don't feel like a fool we all bend over backwards for the one we love,just don't do it anymore unless he reciprocates..just let him go for now ,i know its hard and painful,but you will be ok

What Guys Said 1

• i think you're panicing over nothing.

He's not going to dump you. He's simply reached the stage, like all guys eventually do, where he can't sustain the level of texting that you're used to.

In a way, he spoiled you by being so good at it for 12 months. most girls reach this panicky stage after only a few months.

What Girls Said 1

• you have to resist,get out of your heart for now,nothing you say or do will change his mind and you will look desperate in the end,use this time of panic and talk to friends and keep posting your feelings on here,but don't text him,it will hurt you more when he doesn't reply so why do that to yourself