Guys, what if a girl calls you on the phone?

Is this scary?

I've been dating a guy (4 dates over two months, because he was traveling for a while) and we've only texted so far...our communication has been sporadic in the past week or two; he's awful at texting, we're both really busy (like always traveling during the week-busy) so I'm not too concerned about "what it means."

Would it scare him if I called? It seems easier than exchanging texts every couple of hours for ages.

In any event, the three options here are texting, calling and emailing. Which is best?

Thanks.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if he thought you were coming on too strongly. Keep it casual and it's fine. I obviously don't know this guy but I probably wouldn't think twice about it.

Which of those three options is best depends on what you want to say. If you need a bit of time to say something then calling is best, if it's just a quick question then I'd rather be texted unless it was in urgent need of a response. Email would be the least appealing to me as it feels the most impersonal.

• Thanks, that was very insightful. I wanted to call just to ask how things are (probably on Sunday when he's less busy with work) and gauge if he wanted to go out again. We don't talk that much via text anyway (I ask what's up, he asks me out), but it's been a while and I wanted to catch up a bit and see if he'll ask me out again...

• Good "call," thanks!

• Haha, very clever. ;) No worries, glad I could help. Good luck with your fella!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• What are you worried about? Just call if you feel like calling. Trust your instincts, do as you feel. That's it. Just do it.

• I don't know about folks in your age group, but I'd rather talk than text. Even if it's just to say hi. Don't be afraid to call. Just don't do the creepy stalker girlfriend thing where the phone rings all the time for no reason. ;-)

• Lol k. Well, he's out of my age group (25), and I'm 21...does that change anything? It seems like it could be an individual preference...if he's not a fan of texting, do you think it's likely he would also hate calling?

• Hah it's not technophobia I'm concerned about, just that I might be bothering him or come on too strong, even though it's a frikkin phone call, not a marriage proposal.

• One call doesn't count as coming on too strong. The content of the call matters more than the number of calls anyway. Calling to set up a date, ask or tell him something is cool. If you start talking about what color to paint the baby's room at this stage though... :-D

• Don't call him incessantly, but definitely call him. Guys need to know you WANT to hear from us and talk to us, too, ya know. Encourage us to pursue you. Lots of us want to pursue the women we're interested in, but have to walk a fine line of pushing too hard and making sure our intentions are clear.

• I prefer calls to text. Hearing someone's voice you love is far better than pixels on a screen. And I think calling is not scary. I think in your situation it is best to call. Good Luck!

• can I make friend with you?

• I'd think calling would be the best since your texts are sporadic. Even just a 15 min call would be nice

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a guy, but my guy is like this

He's AWFUL at texting,everyone who knows him knows this. If he texts his sister she will call him to make sure no one has stolen his phone because he just doesn't text.

However I'm a text queen. So we kinda compromise by me sending him texts and then he calls me at the end of day and responds to them.

What does your guy do? Maybe it runs with certian careers? I dated a doctor once that would never call only text. Not even to find me in a mall when calling would be easier :P