Am I too old to have my first boyfriend now?

I´m 25 years old and I never had a boyfriend before. If you saw me you would think I´m lying, but I never did.

The thing is I met someone really cool. He is gorgeous, around my age and he flirts with me constantly. I really like him, but I feel so embarrassed about my age and the fact I never even went on a date before.

There´s nothing weird with me, it´s just that I used to be very shy (I´m kind of changing now or growing up, who knows) and I always felt uncomfortable in the whole situation so I tended to avoid it.

I feel extremely old to be going through this I think I don´t even have the right to ask for something special, meaningful or anything. I feel I´m too old to have romantic first dates or a great first kiss.

I also feel embarrassed because if he asks me if I´ve been seeing someone lately, what am I supposed to say? Won´t he feel uncomfortable or feel too much pressure if he knows he´s the first guy I dated?

Most Helpful Girl

• Pfff, you go girl, no need to worry about stuff like that, I promise. I met my boyfriend when I was 19. He was 22 back then and neither of us that any experience whatsoever. The most experience he and I had was mine, and I had just kissed a guy a month or so before. It's silly but now that I've been with this same boyfriend for more than a year, I kinda regret kissing this guy before him. I don't know if I was my bf's first kiss when we first kissed but we were each others' first sex and first everything basically, so had I known it would have worked out in the long run, I wouldn't have rushed with this other nobody. It's just a kiss, I know, but that goes to show you that first experiences hold value, so if you feel like this guy is an important one, worthy of you and worthy of being devoted a lot of emotion from you, you'll be glad you saved yourself for him.

What else... feeling embarassed? Just don't, it's not worth it. He'll be comprehensive if he cares about you and feels for you, and if he doesn't you can dump him for his immaturity and insensitivy anyway. All sweet guys are capable of understanding that. It's well justified and it proves you're a classy gal, so he should be thankful that you're allowing him to get closer.

Feel too much pressure? If he's a player it'll annoy him and he won't put up with it but who needs a tool like that - I'd just dump his ass to the curb if I noticed that. If he's a real mature man, he'll want to do things right. He won't rush it and he'll make an extra effort to keep it in his pants for as long as you need. That being said, if things evolve naturally and you're not too much of a prude, it won't take a million years. Personally I was pretty needy by the 4th month or so, and my boyfriend wasn't ready until almost 6 months. So I waited until then, because he's a real sweetheart and he was worth it. I'm sure you are too, so everything should be fine. I can't speak if you're really religious and willing to wait until marriage though. It's a different story and honestly, I'm not sure I could've waited that long myself.

If he asks you about your personal experience, you can put on your big girl panties and tell him that there was no one before him. If he asks for more details, you can simply tell him that there was nothing really serious before him, that's it. No need to tell him every detail, it's all in the past anyway and guys just want to be reassured that you won't have unfinished business with an ex or FWD.

Good luck with that. Don't underestimate a guy's ability to understand or relate to your situation. All guys used to be inexperienced at some point and what matters the most anyway is the experience you'll build together.

• Thanks for BA!

• You are welcome, its very good!

What Guys Said 4

• no your never too old to start dating and in reality most serious relationships don't begin till around that age anyways , so I'd say its a good time to start dating and seeing what is out there

• Yeah that's weird. You should just skip onto your second or third for appearances sake...

Just tell him you haven't been dating anyone if he asks. Nothing much to it, everyone's history is different. There isn't some standard you need to fit.

• i'm gonna be 25 next month and I've never had a girlfriend

• Nah it's cool :) If he's a nice guy who wants a nice relationship he should like the fact that he's your first, it makes it more special... If he's really just interested in sex and that he probably wouldn't like it, but in that case you wouldn't want him to be your first anyway :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, it's too late. You might as well spend the rest of your life single and die lonely at the age of 80 because you haven't dated before at 25.

Seriously, you're only 25 years old. Is it too late? Meh, who's to judge that? I'm the same age and in the same situation - that is, no experience AT ALL, but I've met a great guy who is interested. Sure, I'm nervous and unsure of myself...but I'm learning to be open. It's scary, I'll admit, and I need things to move slowly in order for me to feel comfortable. That's all. But I've never worried about whether it's "too late". That shouldn't be a concern at all...and if he's worthy of you, he shouldn't care anyway.

• If he asks, " Have you seen anyone lately?" say no. I mean don't start lying about it, but if it makes you uncomfortable you don't need to tell him he's your first date. Just have fun, be yourself, enjoy his company, and let things flow. If later on things get moe serious and the subject comes up you can tell him. If he cares for you he will not feel uncomfortable about it. And you are never too old to find happiness and love. :)

• You're never too old to have a first boyfriend..just go for it, girl!

• You're never too old to have your first boyfriend.