Do you think it's OK to date a girl that is the same age as your younger sister and she's 4 years apart?

Ok there's this girl that likes me a lot she's 18 I'm 22 but I have a younger sister that's the same age as she is. Do you think it would be right for me to be dating a girl that's the same age as my sister?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you were 30 and she was 26 thatd be okay but honestly 18 and 22 are very critical ages in life...i was very different at 18 compared to 22. I was naive didn't know much about sex and dating very inexperienced I fell for guys easily especially jerks and lacked self esteem, I changed a lot thinking about religion, culture, society, my style changed, I lost weight gained it back, that time in college you really learn more about yourself and change a lot. so if you wanna date her that's fine but I don't think it will last long cause you will go onto grad school and think about your career whereas she will embrace her new freedom going to college and exploring all the new experiences...i don't recommend it.

What Girls Said 4

• My fiance is the same age as my older brother, same date of birth. I'm 31 since end of Nov , one of sisters turned 32 yesterday, another of his sisters turns 31 next week. So needless to say I see no issue. If you are both on the same page when it comes to life, relationships and what it is you want from both, you'll be fine

• My older brother dated a girl the same age as mine, and it was OK for them... :)

-i didn't even care, as long as she made him happy..

• I think it's fine as long as you're both comfortable with it and both at a maturity level that it works at. My boyfriend and I are 4 and a half years apart, (I'm 22, he's 26) which is the same age difference between me and my brother. We don't have any issues.

• no, it there isn't anything weird about an 18 year old and a 22 year old. I'm at college right now and you see couples all the time with that age gap. it can awkward if she is your sister friend but is definitely okay.

What Guys Said 1

• I honestly think it's okay.

I really only think the age gap/difference matters when one side is legally considered as an adult capable of thinking for themselves and making their own decisions.