Should a first kiss be special?

I'm 20 and I'm really shy, so I've never had my first kiss. I've always wanted it to be with someone I really like and will date for a while. This is because I'm really sensitive to everything that happens to me and I remember every bad experience I've had. I don't want to remember my first kiss as being with someone who is just going to hurt me or is using me. That almost happened once before, so I'm a little gunshy. But at the same time, as I'm in my second year of college, I've figured out that I don't even know if I want anything serious with anyone right now.

I met a guy who I don't know very well, but he wants to hang out a lot and he's made it clear he'd like to date me. I'm still deciding if he's my type or not and I don't know how much I like him yet. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, should I let him kiss me if he tries? It may not be special because I don't even know how I feel about him.

Should I first kiss be special?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't kiss someone because you feel pressure you should do it because "you're old enough", that's bullcrap. If you meet someone special and you feel the butterflies, just kiss him. I still remember my first kiss, it wasn't a good experience, it wasn't with a good guy, but I don't have regrets.

I don't think you should let him kiss you or don't think you should kiss him if the feelings aren't there. I don't think first kisses are all that but some of them do stay in your mind quite some time. If you don't know how you feel about him, I suggest you wait until you do and if the feelings are good and positive.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't yield to pressure, you're not "supposed to" do it if you don't feel like it by 100%

Decide whether or not you're into that pal, you can't not to know whether or not you like someone - you either do or you don't.

What Girls Said 2

• I was sad at first that my first kiss wasn't special, but looking back I think I'm glad about how it worked out. I wasn't a good kisser haha, and I think I would've been more embarrassed if my first kiss had been with a guy I really cared about.

• Your first kiss should definitely be special. It'll probly be one you'll remember for the rest of your life. You should go on the date see what your feelings for him and if you really like him go for it and kiss him.