Would you date a guy because he saved your life?

Whether he was good looking or an eye sore, I'm just curious lol

Most Helpful Girl

• be grateful to him -yes

date him for the sake of that-no

What Girls Said 14

• I would definitely look for a way to repay him, but that doesn't mean I owe him a relationship. I'd have to get to know him first.

• Someone who saves my life has my gratitude, but that doesn't magically make me attracted to them if I wouldn't have found them attractive before.

• I dunno, that's a hard question. I almost feel like if someone saved my life I'd be like to got through a phase of hero worship you know. Psychologically I'm just going to see them as this perfect person who prevented me from dying. I don't know what would happen after the initial shock of almost dying and being saved wore off.

• Maybe if he had a personality that I could grow to love then I would...if not I would show my gratitude to him in some other way

• Not just because he saved my life, no. If we clicked, yes.

• Just because he saved my life doesn't mean he's going to be my type. But I would probably agree to one date or take him out as a thank you.

• Um, date like seriously? I don't know, I mean if he was a good guy in the end sure but if not no.

• That only happens in movies and books. Any intelligent girl won't judge and choose a mate based on one act. It should be the same reasons you'd choose someone you met at a cafe.

• Hm... some girls get star-struck by someone who swoops in as their hero. I guess it depends if she already knows you or not and things (:

• I might if he were to sweep me off my feet not many guys these days can except for one that I know of.

• If I liked him more than a friend, then yes.

If not, then no.

• I would be more willing to say yes to an invitation to hang out. And then If I liked him we could start dating. But we would be best friends for life lol

• I don't think it would be right for me to date him just because he saved my life. That wouldn't be fair to him. AND just because he saved my life doesn't mean he is a good person. I mean, sure it is more likely that a good person will save someone's life but you can't assume that only good people save lives.

• My boyfriend saved me from basically drowning when I first met him. But that wasn't the reason I started dating him.

What Guys Said 2

• You can't expect someone to date you for saving their life. It just doesn't work that way. You might become friends and talk afterward. You can sort of earn a friendship with someone because a friendship doesn't require you to be as compatible. But, you can't earn a relationship. A relationship is a mutual thing, not a girl accepting a guy. You have to click for it to work.

• if he was ugly no . girls only care about looks

• That's really ironic coming from a guy.

• Lol wow. The ignorance on here astounds me. That's like the girls on here saying all guys care about is sex. Which is NOT true. Just a certain group of

Guys who are like that. Like there's a certain group of women who are shallow. But I also know many women who AREN'T shallow.

• They are just bitter people who have been hurt in the past and lump everyone in the same category. It is very irrational.