Drunk on a first date?!

I was asked out by a guy I really like. I was excited about our date, and he seemed to be excited too. He showed up drunk, and even though he was only a little tipsy, he's attention span was more than just short and he was definitely too uninhibited, to the point I wasn't sure who that person was. He says he is sorry. Is it a red flag? Should I forgive him? (Note: it was a huge turn off, the date was planned with plenty of time).

I meant HIS attention span. I agree with you guys, if you want someone to take you seriously you are gonna have to try a little harder, to make a good impression. Sloppiness is the wrong way to do it. Thank you guys!
Hi! I can't get pass his drunk face, how rude he was to the waiter and the fact that he barely remembers anything about the date. He just blew it and he knows it. I'm moving on. Let it be a lesson: don't show up drunk, if you want to be taken seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• ok I don't like that and I say its a red flag because if he really liked you he would just be himself and not stupid enough to drink and try to talk you..but on the other hand he could be really nervous and drinking calms him down.. I remember I thought of doing that once but never did cause its just not a smart idea...first date is usualy first impression

• Yeah he might have had some drinks because he was nervous to meet you. I made that mistake once (friends encouraged me to do it as well) and it went really bad.

• All you could know is he likes to drink a lot and he could be a alcholholic whos knoes but I don't say its good..i rather a girl be nervous around me then to be drunk and acting stoopid..cause I feel like their not listening

What Guys Said 6

• While I'm sure some people would note his sloppy approach, I think perhaps he's an incredibly shy person. I once had a friend who would get high every time he had a date. His reasoning was that he was "more sociable". He probably thought being drunk and "funny" would be better than being boring and less talkative. Assure him. Let him know that you've already liked him and he doesn't need to be so worried.

• Sorry but what is it that every guy is saying this means he really likes u?????.if he has issues its not the girls problem to solve it.this has nothing to do with being shy

• ? I already mentioned that he probably was sloppy to be begin with. Does he have a drinking problem? I don't know. That's why I mentioned my reply as a possibility that maybe he is overly shy. I said nothing of her solving his "problem" as we don't even know if there is one to begin with.

• good job make a life lesson engraving in his head lol..every time you remember him you thnk of drunk him

• When guys show up drunk on the first date it means they really really like you

• So showing up sh*tfaced, and knowing that it's a bad impression really means "I really really like you" If any of you fellows out there believe that, I suggest you change your attitude now.

• It has worked for me every single time. Its like a flawless way to guarantee a good date

• If he did it once, especially the first time, what's to stop him from doing it again? It just goes to show the kind of person he is.

• he is eather a drunk or figured one beer wouldn't hurt if he wanted to be more relaxed during the date and than went for another beer and another... etc (first sign of addiction)

he's probably a nice guy when not drunk. I know now after almost done wrighting this that the question is 3 months old that it's probably too late for advice but you should let him have a 2nd date and tell him no beer and if you like who he is not drunk consider going out with him but someone who shows up drunk for a first date got problems.

• give him a second chance if you think he didn't mean it to happen. otherwise id think long and hand b4 trusting him with a date again. in ur age group, they should be mature enough to keep a promise if they cant... you know what kind of guy he is

What Girls Said 5

• Forgive, but move on. If he can't treat you with respect on the first date...who knows what he's like after that.

• i went on a date drunk loads a times before to calm my nerves and give me confidence ha it worked but I don't do that anymore it ended not too good one time

but id say that's why the guy was drunk too calm nerves most likely

• i love ur update.good for you girl

• Lol...thank you. I mean, don't take me wrong, I'm not in the gestapo. I completely understand he may have been anxious, trying to enhance his personality, loosen up...but it backfired, unfortunately for both. He ended up making a fool of himself and showing a complete lack of control. I thought I was goint out with a great guy, and his evil twin showed up. Honestly, I have no sympathy for him. Hopefully he will learn from it.

• dump the hell out of him.if he can't rescpect you on the first date then after you are together he wouldn't care less.we dnt care that he says his sorry dump him and never look back.dnt even think about him

• I met a woman once who showed up bombed. All she did was watch some hockey game on TV and text on her phone. She was so drunk I offered to drive her home and when she got in my car she asked if I could take her to her daughter's house. I even walked her to the door. When the door opened she walked in and then whoever answered the door slammed the door in my face. OK I said to myself, that was a weird experience and wrote her off. 2 weeks later this twit calls me and acted like nothing happened. I told her to fuck off and that she was a zero.
      Another woman I met didn't even want a coffee. She had to pick up her wash and do some shopping and expected me to pay for it. I walked away and said the nerve of some people. On the way home she tried hitting me up for cigarettes and a six pack. I told her that she can give me a blowjob for that. She literally jumped out of my car and that's how I got rid of her.
      Both were attractive women with bad manners and personalities.

• id give him ONE more chance, it might be a red flag, but give him the benefit of the doubt this one time