Told him I wasn't ready to date and he kissed me spontaneously during our first hangout!

Before we went out for the first time, I told him that I wasn't quite ready to "date" yet as I had recently gotten out of a relationship. He sent me the sweetest message saying he understood and wasn't looking to rush into anything and that we could just enjoy each others' company.

Spontaneously he kissed me the first time we went out! I was so surprised that I didn't quite know how to react as I wasn't expecting it.

Yesterday we spent some time together again. I went to his place (very casual), we picked up groceries to make dinner and watched a movie. He was very sweet, made small gestures towards me and was such a gentleman but there was no attempt to kiss me or anything. At the end of the night he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I'm wondering if he now sees me purely as a friend or whether he is still interested and merely kissed me on the cheek to be respectful and wanting to take things more slowly?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he just kissed you the first time without thinking - on the spur of the moment, and feels embarrassed about it, so he's trying to reverse gears.

What Guys Said 2

• Yaddayadda offered a good interpretation which I would agree with.

But here's another one to think about:

-Kiss 1: Maybe I can change your mind, I want to date you

-Kiss 2: Sorry about kiss 1, but I just want you to know that I still want us to date, but that I also respect you

• He's really interested in you. He's just taking it slow since you're still not ready to date.

What Girls Said 0