My boyfriend cuddles with me unknowingly in his sleep. How come?

We don't live together yet. We've been together for a year and 7 months. We've actually slept together a few nights and we don't usually touch each other too much during the night so to sleep more easily. We usually just spoon in the morning. We don't sleep together that often so it's still special to me.

Last night, we slept together after not seeing each other for 2 weeks. Despite it being really hot and humid, my boyfriend unknowingly held me tight, spooned me and cuddled me all night long. I kept moving around every 5 minutes because I was really hot and I couldn't fall asleep and every time I'd move, he'd reposition himself and keep holding me or touching me. At times, he'd even pet me a little and give me little pecks, I think. I told him about it this morning and he didn't know a thing.

Two weeks ago, when we slept together, it had been 3 weeks since we had seen each other. He didn't cuddle as much as yesterday, though. Is that a common phenomenon? I'm hoping it means he's more attached to me than he knows and he feels safe with me at night.

Most Helpful Guy

• sexsomnia! it isn't common

• Hum... it's nothing much sexual, but it resembles that. I just find it fascinating that he feels the need/urge to touch me during sleep without even realizing it. Personally, I sometimes dream about him when he's in the bed with me. I rarely do when I sleep alone, but I don't think that's unusual.

• sexomnia is just the name for a range of phenomena.

• Thanks! That was an interesting topic!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I've done that occassionally. Nothing big about it. Nothing to read into it. It just happens.

• He wants to get closer to you and cuddling is great for that. It isn't a bad thing I wouldn't read into it too much.

• guys do that, its common

• i think its jsut what guys in a relationship do, I would love it.

• You are very lucky he feels the need to be very close to you.

• well I don't think its a bad thing that it changed. I would be happy that he does that.