Girl ignores my text, "How's it going?" Is she saying back off?

lets say your the girl I like and you used to like me but right now I'm not sure how you feel. you recently got a boyfriend. but you said yes to going to date parties/formals with me. we don't know each other very well except we were into each other. but few weeks after I asked you for date parties I text you hey hows it going and you never respond. this happened once over summer she just ignored my message. does this mean I'm just bother ing her or do girls not respond when they're busy and don't feel like starting a random convo?

i happen to know she had neough time to add someone on Facebook and was online in email twice at least.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that is just rude and it's a coward move on the females part. I never ignore people like that because I don't want the same done to me. I personally would have sent you a message letting you know I was not interested so that you did not have to wonder about where we stand.

You can't be annoying her unless she tells you in my opinion despite what others' have wrote. You're not a mind reader. But, she is obviously not interested or has something else going on with another person. Move on and save youself the headache.

What Girls Said 9

• If she has a boyfriend then she is probably saying back off.

• but why say yes to formals/date parties? we barely know each other. am I just a confidence booster?

• Right. I would have probably forgotten if it was just a hey what's up text.

• perfect thank you let me know if you ever need anything

• to be honest...if I really really like a guy...i will pretty much respond no matter what. I usually don't respond to guys when I find them annoying and want them to back off. (don't mean to sound harsh)

• most of the time their just not interested sry

• She has a boyfriend... Obviously she's too busy for you

• Not interested.sorry

• I usually do that when I have something going on

• so you think its just one of those texts its weird to answer back if you don't answer right away?

do I still have a shot?

• is that a girl thing to not text first? why don't you personall why not text first

i ve made it pretty clear I m intereested

• I usually don't want the guy to think I'm desperate

• unfortunately yeah, if I truly like you I'm going to respond no matter what but if she's been acting funny and then she doesn't reply she could be telling you she's not interested girls are weird though if you really want to know ask her :) best of luck

• If this only happened once then don't stress it, but yes girls don't respond when they are busy. Hell I don't respond to my boyfriend when I have stuff to do. Don't stress it.

• but like shouldn't you respond when you're free? or is something like "hey hows it going" the type of question you don't answer late?

• hey if you ever need anything message me I can help get a great body or raise your confidence

• lol okay then

• As crappy as this sounds, she probably just didn't wanna talk.

• so when she agreed to go to formals/date parties with me, am I just like somenoe to boost her confidence make her feel good about herself?

what do I do now? just forget about her?

• haha thanks a lot hey if you ever need antthing let me know

i'm really good at getting a perfect body or boosting confidence

• lol yeah no problem. hope it works out. and thanks!

What Guys Said 3

• Adding someone on Facebook takes two seconds. Same with e-mailing. Plus, you can do that on a cell phone nowadays during down time.

Honestly, if she hasn't replied to your text by now, I'd say she's not interested. And with her having a boyfriend, I'd wouldn't waste any time with her even if you're just trying to be friends with her. Most girls tend to get the impression that when a guy texts them, they're interested so that might be the case her.

• not interested or too busy to remember to reply or just didn't feel it was appropriate to reply since she has a bf.

• in my opinion, go for other girls instead of trying with her.. if a girl likes you she will probably at LEAST initiate the convo later when she's free. There are of course genuinely busy instances too, but if it happens more than once just go for someone else

do I still have a shot?

• well, I think your attitude is too much "all eggs in one basket". If she does it even once more, you have to be willing to and actually want to walk away towards a girl that likes you. If you let things slide, you setup a precedence for this girl to not respect you