What to do after meeting a guy in a bar?

We exchanged numbers and he texted me a little bit the morning after we met. But where do we go from here? Should I text/wait for him to text? What are good topics to try to talk about?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for light-hearted, fun texts. Show off your personality. If you can show yourself to be kind, caring, friendly and fun, he'll see you as girlfriend material, rather than just a girl he finds physically attractive.

• Thank you! Any ideas on what to text him first? I always feel so dumb just saying like "hey what's up?"

What Guys Said 10

• WAIT! don't call him! Seriously, I know this sounds dreadful, but the only girls I REALLY have fallen for are the ones I've had to chase, there's a reason why every guy here is saying CALL HIM.. It's because that's what they think they want, yet, in actual fact, it's what they want the Girl that they're currently chasing to do for them. Seriously, take your time, wait 4 days or more, casually drop him a line afterward, whatever you do though, keep it brief and not needy. Hope this helps!

• Thanks! Any ideas on what to text/talk to him about? I always feel so dumb just saying like "hey what's up?"

• In my experience, the "hey what's up?" line is pretty stale, and the conversation really has nowhere to go, because you'll get an equally short response a lot of the time. I mean if I were you I'd ask a pretty random question or even something that hints at meeting again, but I'm a guy, it's sort of our thing to ask girls out.. and it's sort of your thing to be chased! If I were you I'd say something like "Hey I was just having a drink and I thought about that bar, what are you up to?"

• I completely disagree that you should let him chase you like one of the guys said! At the same time, you met a guy at the bar so you really shouldn't expect him to want anything serious.

• Call him and talk. There's too much to overanalyze in text messages.

• "Hey what are you doing tonight" "I'm gonna be with my friends at ______"maybe ill see you out, let me know where you end up"

• Meeting people in a bar is like red flag city.

• How do you mean exactly?

Red flag to what?

• What do the majority of people go to bars for? To meet someone in hopes of a fruitful relationship? No

• Just simple stuff how his day is and such, try to set up a date or put him in a position to if you are interested like "what ya doing this weekend?, I might be going to the same bar next weekend...

• depending on what you want or are willing to do for/ with this guy?

• Since he text you first, I think you should text him next, then plan a date

• Just talk like you would normally talk, don't try too hard to impress him, because he can sense you're not being yourself.

• CALL HIM

CALL HIM

CALL HIM

• You it's whoever text first the other loses

What Girls Said 2

• LET HIM TEXT You IF HE IS INTERESTED,ALSO KEEP IN MIND A LOT OF GUYS IN BARS HAVE Girlfriend SO BE CAREFUL..THIS MAY NOT BE THE CASE BUT BE CAREFUL

• enough with the games if you like somebody text them, and not all guys that have gf's give numbers out at bars stop painting everyone with the same brush

• Yeah that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

Guys go to bars because they DON'T HAVE girlfriends!

Seriously stupidest thing I've ever heard...

• well obviously you are not a girl,me and my girlfriends have gone out many times and yes as stupid as you might think it sounds,yes a lot of guys at bars do have gf

• well just text him to ask him out again