"Good morning texts", super awesome or super lame?

Looking to get opinions from both guys and girls on this. Is getting a "Good morning" text awesome or lame? Does it need a little more than just "Good morning?"

Explain why also.

• Super Awesome
  • Super Lame
  • No opinion/Just want to see the answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the person, your mood, and the relationship stage.

I think it's a very sweet gesture, specially if you've just started dating and/or had a special moment recently. It's still very sweet in a very long relationship, but part of the magic wears off a little if you get too used to it.

Other than that, I hate to admit this... but it can become a bit of a chore under certain circumstances. i.e. you're super busy/stressed/concentrated, and your SO gets upset if you don't reply soon, or stuff like that. Again, depends on the person, but it always has and always will be a nice reminder that there's someone out there that loves you and cares about you :]

All in all.. if you ever feel like sending a sweet text to your SO -be it early in the morning, or any other time- by all means do it. Just don't turn it into anything other than a sweet gesture and I guarantee you'll bring a smile to her face (:

What Girls Said 16

• I voted C, I like it (as in: just like it, think it's sweet but it's not "super awesome") when it comes from a good friend or a guy I'm interested in. If it's a guy who's interested in me but it's not mutual and he knows it, it could be annoying to be honest.

• Getting a sweet and genuine good morning text from a guy every once in a while (not all the time) is the best. I don't mean "Good morning beautiful!" -- I honestly hate that line so much, as it's really impersonal and boring. Like, I would rather be called by my real name, and I would be so much more appreciative of a text with more thought and meaning behind it. I like when guys add something sweet or funny, or sweet AND funny.

• I personally Love getting them! It reminds me of how much I am loved and appreciated. If they send them everyday then it gets old, but on those random days it makes my WAY better knowing they woke up with me on their mind!

• Literally one of my favorite parts of the day. It just reminds me that someone loves me and cares about me. It's good not to be the same everyday. Like add "handsome" or "beautiful" or "have an amazing day" hearts, smilies, etcetera, gotta mix it up a bit to keep it genuine.

• it's sweet. But only if I also like the guy. If not, it getting a good morning text everyday from a guy I'm not really into could be kinda awkward.

• I love a good morning text :)

• I love them but I agree that it's nice to add a little something extra. My boyfriend usually says something along the lines of good morning beautiful, I hope you slept well, have a good day and then anything else that's relevant (because he's in the army he might tell me what he's doing that day).

• A. I really like them, and I sometimes send them to my bf.

You can either just say "good morning" or do "Good morning :) " Or if you wanna be super sweet to your girlfriend you could say "Good morning beautiful :) " (with or without smiley lol)

• Well when it's from someone you have feelings for, it is a nice surprise, I will admit that, but it can become lame after a period I'm sure, who really has the time to text good morning each morning...

• It's kind of cheesy, but still awesome. Cheesy isn't always a bad thing.

• I think it's a useless greeting in general. So I don't really care for it. It can be cute once in a while, but not every morning.

• I love them-i think they're sweet.

• I love getting good morning texts from guys I like, it makes me think that they actually woke up thinking about me. A plain good morning text or one with a smiley would suffice

• My ex used to do that and I thought it was so sweet. He would just tell me good morning, and have a good day. I just appreciated the fact that he was thinking of me. I

• girls love good morning texts..fact.

• I don't see it as super awesome and not super lame too.

It depends on the text after

What Guys Said 8

• They;re super awesome as long as you don't get to sappy in them...keep the message short and sweet :-P

• I would appreciate it a lot. I'm curious to see what girls think though. I send my girlfriend goodnight texts because I'm going to bed and need to stop texting but I haven't sent her a good morning one yet.

• Depending on the others' attitude and personality plus my mood on a random morning, it's super awesome. But it turns into super lame if that person does it every single day or just says "Good morning" but doesn't add anything else.

• It depends on your history (or lack thereof) with the person

• I personally appreciate them! It lets me know that she thought of me first thing that morning! It's especially appreciative if she includes more than just a simple "good morning" which shows me she really cares!

• Plain old good morning is a bit weird, but something a bit more is nice.

• Only if you're cute from what I hear.

• Somewhere in between maybe. I am sure many people like them. I like them but I like Chinese food better in the morning.