Are first kisses always awkward?

I'm 17 and have never had my first kiss. I wanted to know if it will be awkward for me. I know it could be because most likely because my first kiss will be with someone who has had there's already. Also does anyone have any advice on what to expect. I want to be somewhat prepared.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to think reading tips and crap could "prepare you" but it doesn't. Once his mouth is on yours you instinctively know what to do and it's so hard to explain. I was like you about a month ago? 27 with no kissing experience but then it happened so trust me just go with it

What Guys Said 4

• really depends on the moment. Do you mean PHYSICALLY awkward or SITUATIONALLY awkward? Also do you mean FIRST first kiss ever? or just first kiss w/ someone?

Well, I'll answer w/ all my first kisses (not a lot) in a physical/situational breakdown:
    - no/yes
    - no/no
    - no/no
    - no/yes
    - no/yes
    - no/no
    - no/yes
    - yes/yes

Anyway, I guess point being, physically it's only as awkward as how good/bad you and the other person are. Situationally, well, it depends on the situation. =D

• Not one bit, it was magical.

• Mine wasn't awkward at all.

• No it is not

What Girls Said 7

• Hahahaha yeah, they are. Sorry.

My first kiss was with my current boyfriend and even though it was obviously coming and I literally had years to prepare for it, it was still awkward when it happened. That was four years ago. They're less awkward now :p

Just think for a second. No matter how well you know someone, you're still going to be sucking face - an awkward thing!

Just accept that it's going to be awkward ('cause you don't know what you're doing!) and focus on the fact that you're doing this relatively intimate thing with someone you (hopefully) really like.

• I had my first kiss when I was 16, it was really not how I expected it to be. Haha it's just a simple light peck but it was really something, I wasn't able to sleep for a few nights for thinking about it too much. It was awkward and feels weird to me but it was a good weird. Haha. I am sure I blushed but it was kind of dark for him to see it so I was a bit lucky then. Haha had my 2nd kiss when I was 17 from the same guy, it wasn't just a peck that time. It was so embarrassing cuz when he moved his lips I was like Paralized, I was like... Oh my god oh my god it's happening!.. Lol I was panicking deep inside, I really didn't know how to respond so I was like a statue the whole time. 3rd kiss was from the same guy again, we were official by then. Haha I was a statue again haha, he asked me to kiss him back but I just couldn't get the nerve to respond to his kisses. It took few more kisses when I finally learned how to kiss back. It was really cute remembering all that. I can say I am very experienced with kissing now. Lol

• So awkward! I recently had my first kiss... I knew it was coming but when he actually kissed me, I blushed so hard and turned away. He later asked me If I ever kissed anyone or If I wasn't comfotable, I lied.
    but, I always watched and read about that first kiss or how to kiss. I still don't know what I'm doing.

• My first kiss was last year, and I remember I kept thinking that I just wanted to get it over with. It wasn't as awkward as I expected, it was really cute actually. The one tip my friends told me was to not purse my lips (so they're all soft and plush)... of course in the moment I totally forgot and my lips felt like rocks. We ended up making out a couple minutes later, and I didn't even know him so it seemed a little rushed. I guess my point is, you can never really be ready but just "expect the unexpected" because you never know.

• no sometimes with the right person it can be discombobulating.

• I'm 18 and I've only kissed someone twice in my whole life. Both were awkward. I think your mouth and hands are really personal and I don't like to just throw myself at people.

• My first kiss was a few years ago with a random guy I'd met 20 minutes before. It wasn't awkward at all, you just gotta be relaxed and go with the flow. Its not a big deal.