Do guys find it annoying when their girlfriend cries a lot?

I get kinda emotional easily and cry often. I find it hard to control and it's at times like when I fight with my mum, hating stuff in life, finding uni frustrating, scared that people will leave me and things like that.

I chat with a guy who recently became my first boyfriend, but we haven't met often. He didn't notice but once when I was messaging him, and yesterday when I was talking with him on the phone I was crying but trying to keep my voice even. But he noticed that my nose was blocked but thought I had a cold.
I am also not good at explaining my emotions so sometimes when I am upset, people think why I am so upset over a little thing and my mum also thinks I overreact.

I was wondering, will an emotional girl or someone who cries often put a guy off if they find out? He know that I don't have much confidence and am an insecure person, but I am scared that I will annoy him or if I will put him off.

Thanks for reading.

Most Helpful Girl

• I cry all the time. Almost once a day probably. I have a boyfriend and he knows. He is the one that gets me through it. He probably gets a bit annoyed sometimes but he loves me know less and supports me endlessly. If he is worth it than he will be okay with you and help you.

• aww he seems like a really nice boyfriend.
      Thank you for your advice :)

What Guys Said 7

• Crying doesn't annoy me at all if it's justified. But if a girl cried over stupid meaningless stuff then it would get annoying.

• I see. Would study, stress and family fights be a bit meaningless in your opinion? Thank you for your opinion.

• oh, wow. I didn't know people cry over things like that. haha. Thank you for your reply.

• yeah dude seriously even i didn't know people cry over that :P the stupidest thing i have seen a girl cry over is her ex who she herself dumped for flirting with other girls and sexting her best friend :D lolzz

• Crying once or twice is fine. Incessant crying puts me off. Its the girl who have 'i-am-always-the-victim.-everyone-hates-me' kind of mentality.. They sure can't handle themselves and the relationship always goes down.

• If he really cares for you it won't annoy him. If it does annoy him, he's just shallow and you don't want him anyway :)

• Thank you :) I was worried I would do it too much haha.

• Little things like that shouldn't matter. Talk to him about it :)

• yes i find it annoying if she does it wwaaaaayyyy too much because i would think that she's a spoiled brat

• Everyone gets sad or upset and cries. Some more than others and that's ok. But personally I'm kind of turned off by this. More important than what I think is what your boyfriend thinks. Ultimately he is the one dating you. Next time you find yourself in a fit take a step back and gauge how he is feeling.

• Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

• Not necessarily.

If you're angry or bitter, that would turn me off.

If you're simlpy soft-hearted, but you're also kind-hearted and sweet, that wouldn't bother me.

• I see. Thank you for your opinion :)

• Humans are always adverse to people who cry for no reason specifically because humans are geared towards reading as crying as a sign of genuine distress.

• Thank you for your opinion :)

What Girls Said 2

• No it's not annoying unless you cry for no reason.

• If he supports you and loves you it should not bother him. Women are extremely emotional beings and a majority of them wear their heart on the sleeve.