20 covers taken from 70s, 60s (or before) songs, made in the 80s

Those songs below are actually covers from other songs released during 70s,60s or even before 60s.

80s synthesized versions of these songs gave them another feeling. A more danceable one.

1. Always On My Mind by Pet Shop Boys
(original version by Elvis Prisley)

2. (There's) Always Something There To Remind Me by Naked Eyes (original version by Lou Johnson)

3. Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards (original version by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes)

4. For Your Love by Claudja Barry (original version by The Yardbirds)

5. Gimme Some Lovin by Fun Fun (original version by The Spencer Davis Group)

6. I Only Want To Be With You by The Flirts (original version by Dusty Springfield)

7. Johnny Remember Me by Bronski Beat (original version by John Leyton)

8. Loco-Motion by Kylie Minogue (original version by Little Eva)

9. Puttin' On The Ritz by Taco (original version by Harry Richman)

10. Remember Me by Boys Town Gang (original version by Diana Ross)

11. Save The Last Dance For Me by Free Expression (original version by The Drifters)

12. Tainted Love by Soft Cell (original version by Gloria Jones)

13. That's The Way (I Like It) by Dead Or Alive (original version by KC & The Sunshine Band)

14. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore (original version by Frankie Valli)

15. To Sir With Love by Vicki Sue Robinson (original version by Lulu)

16. Venus by Bananarama (original version by Shocking Blue)

17. Waiting For The Man by OMD (original version by Velvet Underground)

18. Walk Like A Man by Divine (original version by The Four Seasons)

19. War (...and Hide) by Frankie Goes To Hollywood (original version by Edwin Starr)

20. You Keep Me Hangin 'On by Kim Wilde (original version by The Supremes)

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 0

Share the first opinion in your gender

What Guys Said 2

• I think it might be the oldest song on the list, anyway it's a decent cover of Puttin' on the ritz.

• YES! Nice take!
    My random thoughts going through the list:
    I didn't know some of these (or at least I knew the band but not the song), but some of these are ones I grew up on since my parents would play them. Huh, I had no idea that these were actually covers. I always thought they were originals.
    My whole life has been a lie 😭

by the way, I could swear that my math teacher would play some of these songs while we took tests and quizzes and whatnot. Maybe that's why I recognized some but couldn't quite place it why. xD

My favorite of this list has to be "Always Something There to Remind Me." I could listen to that song on repeat all day and not get tired of it. It just has such a catchy. As of the others, I couldn't get into "Save The Last Dance for Me." I think it is because I'm so used to original version by the Drifters. I have bias towards it xD It always sounded so classy to me.

Scratch that last statement. Just saw the song Tainted Love. I LOVE THE SONG TAINTED LOVE. Growing up, I always listened to the "classic 80s" radio station and I would crank up the volume when this song came on. One of my favorites 80s jams.

Hahaha I recognize some of these from your previous questions.
    Great list! I had fun hearing some 80s songs I haven't listened to in quite some time :D

• thanks dude!

my personal favs would be "Venus" and "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by the way

as for "Tainted Love"... i believe this song destroyed 'em actually... SC had so many great songs beyond this, but they r overlooked thanks to this song.

• "sex dwarf"
      ^LOL That's name is so 80s 😂😂 Reminds me a lot of stuff you'd see in Spinal Tap (the movie)

• basically their debut album was all about sex