Comic Book Trivia: Savage Wolverine

Just like I had promised. My last one was about Spider-Man (unless you count the one about me).

10. His first appearance was in a Hulk comic (as a villain).

They even made his character somewhat similar. He's short-tempered, almost indestructible, and can heal extremely fast. Fans liked him so they decided to give him his own series along with the X-Men.

The two have a history of battles and he's among the few characters who can go toe to toe with Hulk. Hulk has won majority of their fights but even he admits that he usually has a hard time against Wolverine.

9. He can lift more than a ton.

The Adamantium in his skeleton gives him superhuman strength. Normally our muscles don't work to their full potential in order to prevent any damage from being done to our bodies. Wolverine's mind has adapted to the fact that his bones are nearly indestructible and this lets him push his body to its limits.

Also add the fact that Adamantium bones can support much more weight than organic human ones.

Adamantium bones also give him superhuman speed, durability, and stamina, but take a toll on his healing factor (which is still extremely fast).

8. He was the first Canadian superhero.

7. He's been part of over 30 teams.

He's worked with the X-Men and Avengers consistently, but he's also been part of the Defenders, S.H.I.E.L.D., Fantastic Four, and many more.

Fox has the movie rights to both X-Men and Fantastic Four, so I'm not sure why they don't make this happen (or at least make a good Fantastic Four film).

6. Hugh Jackman is too tall to play him.

Wolverine is 5'3". Jackman is 6'2".

This doesn't bother me though. It's hard to imagine anyone else playing the role.

5. He knows more than a dozen different languages.

He's fluent in English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Spanish, Arabic, and Lakota.

He also has knowledge in French, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Hindi, and Persian.

4. He once fought Spock.

This is when Marvel was bankrupt and desperate, so they started having crossovers. This was an easy win for Spock.

3. He was originally supposed to be a teenager.

A teenager with gloves, to be more precise. They had many plans for his origin. One even included a real Wolverine that mutated into a humanoid creature. According to another one, he was supposed to be completely disfigured because of the Weapon X program, just like Deadpool.

2. He fought alongside Captain America during the second World War.

He's also much older and wasn't in the ice for decades, so he's got more fighting experience and had more training. They were two of the best soldiers during the time.

He's also trained many different characters including Black Widow.

1. He can increase some of his physical attributes unintentionally at times.

As I said in #9, his mind usually ignores the limits placed on his body. There are times when he goes into a rage (just like Hulk) and these limits are completely ignored. This state is usually known as berserker's rage.

My next one is going to be about Wonder Woman :)

#ComicBookTrivia #LTComicTakes

LadyTerror is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• Yeah, Wolverine is basically a midget but most people don't realize that

• Yeah. Especially people who haven't read the comics.

I'd say that's an advantage though. Makes him more agile.

• I have always liked Wolverine, this was a nice take. Keep the comic book takes up. I have been enjoying them. :-)

• Ahh Wolverine! Short little ass kicker who will probably out last anyone else except Deadpool and the Hulk.

• Wolverine has always been one of my favourites. But I never understood how he can stand against the Hulk. That shouldn't be possible.

Also, this is the first take this month that I read through. Finally something fresh so props to you.

• Because of his agility, stamina, and durability. He's one of the fastest street level characters.

I've been doing this regularly about comic book characters. You even commented on my Superman take.

• Either way, the Hulk can bust up an entire city - a single punch of his should decapitate Wolverine.

• Well these fights were against the weaker versions like base Hulk and Savage Hulk. Of course, Logan wouldn't stand a chance against Professor Hulk or World War Hulk

• I know another one. He's supposedly over 100 years old at this point. thanks to this and he always had bone claws
    i.annihil.us/.../standard_fantastic.jpg

• Yeah he was alive during the Civil War. So he was born in the 19th century

• Incredible Take, Mr Spock defeated the Wolverine... I'm bedazzled, very interesting info.

• He was originally supposed to be a teenager, like Spider-man? Damn, I think one teenage superhero is enough, if we disregard the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...

• Yay Wolvey!

#6 Irritated me at first until I actually saw Hugh as Wolvey. I'm not certain there could've been a better choice.

• Also, I think the fact that he's a loaner plays into why he's been with so many groups. He can't stay with them because he's a loaner by nature so he just moves on, groups up to beat a bad guy, then moves on again. Very nomadic.

• That's true. He's also more than a hundred years old so it's hard to find someone with shared life experience. Captain America has that problem too sometimes.

• Cool take - I didn't realise there were so few Canadian superheroes

• Go Canada, Wolverine is our true patriot 😜✌️

i.ytimg.com/vi/p3mFbQzmRD0/maxresdefault.jpg

• Wow loved it sooo much... Do some for villians also please. Great work! I found it an interesting read.

• i love wolverine

• Not all superheroes are tall 😂

• I humbly request one for Bane and Deathstroke.

Also, Wolverine made Hugh Jackman's career :D

• Someone called me? :D

• Yay, My two favorites! The Hulk and Wolverine.

• Wolverine is one of my favs.

• Wolverine is Awesome.
    Nice take.

What Girls Said 4

• I haven't seen him in S. H. I. E. L. D. or The Avengers, only in X-Men... oh, and I saw him once in some comic with the Defenders.
    Intriguing, so there were like Fantastic Five too?

• Yeah they've had members who've been on and off. The Fantastic Four once consisted entirely of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, and Ghost Rider (The core members weren't present at the time).

• I didn't know about that fact, interesting trivia :)

• Fudge, is he really the shortest superhero? I was also surprised to learn that he started as a villain. Very cool myTake 👍

• this Was AWESOME!!! XD EEEE I FUCKIN LOVE THESE LADYTERROR YOU ARE A BLESSING FROM COMIC BOOK NERD HEAVEN!!

• I can't believe it, I'm taller than Wolverine :D