5 Of The Scariest Movies I've Seen

I've decided to share with you the scariest movies I've seen. You might not find them scary. This is just my opinion. The list is not in any particular order. Also, potential spoilers ahead. You've been warned.

5. Thirteen Ghosts (2001)

Arthur and his two children inherit a house from their uncle. At first everything seems fine until they discover that the house is a prison for thirteen ghosts. Arthur eventually learns that the house is a machine powered by the dead in order to open the Eye of Hell.

4. The Grudge (2004)

An American nurse living in Tokyo comes across a house that's cursed be vengeful spirits. The curse acts like a plague and affects anyone who comes across it.

3. The Thing (1982)

A team of Americans scientists come discover the remains of an unidentified creature. They eventually realize that this is an alien life-form that can turn into other living organisms. What makes this movie so scary is the fact that you don't know who to trust because the thing can be anyone and the fact that the movie takes place in an isolated area.

2. Halloween (1978)

On the night of Halloween in 1963 6 year-old Michael Myers kills his 15 year-old sister. After spending 15 years in a mental institution Myers breaks out to terrorize the town of Haddenfield. Myers' psychiatrist, Dr. Loomis must prevent the carnage.

1. Dead Silence

After Jamie's wife is murdered by a doll Jamie decides to find out the truth which leads him to the town of Raven's Fair where Mary Shaw, a ventriloquist who was murdered performed. Without a doubt one of the most shocking and scariest movie endings ever.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 17

• I cannot fathom how anyone derives enjoyment from purposely jacking up their heart rate and setting their nervous system on a crazy rant. I just can't understand it, but it seems many people love it.

• Thirteen Ghosts used to scare me so bad!!
    Same thing goes for Halloween, the Grudge, It, The Conjuring and Mama.

• I have only seen Halloween and The Grudge, it's been years since I last saw them. I have to watch them again to answer this question

• Cool movies, The Thing is my favorite.

• i liked the Grudge :)

• The absolute mind fuck for me was Session 9, i was traumatized by it, it should be banned. What about Ringu? I can't get myself to watch it. I watched all the Paranormal Activities and the scariest part is afterwards I'm waiting for shit to move in my apartment. Also Donnie Darko hate that bunny and the Butterfly Effect.

• I love 13 Ghosts!

• I love horror films but the two scariest films for me are:

1- Insidious- Went on a date and he picked to go see this film but at a midnight showing at the cinema on Halloween. I was paranoid and jumpy for a while after it lol The film still freaks me out a lot!!

2- The Ring- Watched it at the cinema and it really creeped me out.

I wouldn't say Thirteen Ghosts as scary but it was gruesome, especially the sliding glass when the person is sliced in half and (I think) the back part slid down the glass. Ugh!! That scene made me sick. The only scene that made me jump is when she's being dragged through the corridor along the floor by someone and doesn't know why but then she puts on the glasses and sees a ghost chasing her and it's literally so close.

• Yeah, you're right about the first scene. I've always considered the ghosts in that movie scary, especially when I was little

• No wonder it would if you watched it when you were younger. Tbh the films that truly scared me as a child (thanks to my older brother) were: IT; Freddy vs Jason and all of the Child's Play films (although I don't remember much from the last ones).

• Oh, yeah IT was scary for me as well :D

• I didn't find Grudge and Thirteen ghosts scary at all! But haven't seen the other three movies. I will watch them as I'm a horror movie freak :)

• Scary movies? I scare easily but the scariest I think for me was the conjuring.
    I was so scared in that movie theatre.

• Thank you for commenting. I thought this might interest you :)

• The Conjuring also scared me badly!! But my friend just went to see Split and he told me it was definitely worth it

• @DizzyDesii really? I'm packing my bags 💼 to go see it

• The Thing was thrilling :) the blood scene :) amazing.

I've passed Dead Silence a lot. So, it's good and scary?

I think Rose Red is super scary.

The Wailing (a Korean film) is scary but the story is also very good and there is a lot to analyze which I like.

• Yeah, Dead Silence is pretty scary, especially the ending

• Have you seen Under the Shadow, it's a newish Iranian paranormal film. I heard it's really good but also super scary.

• @vishna Nope, I haven't, but thanks for the suggestion

• The thing is not scary in the slightest way. Sinister is a pretty good movie though.

• I hate horror movies. Real life is scary enough.

• Wow thanks for this take I only know the grudge but I love thriller/horror movies so you brought me on some ideas!

• Okay I've seen thirteen ghosts. It wasn't that scary BUT gruesome. Did not enjoy the ghosts attacking people. This is why I don't watch horror films.

• I love scary movies, I haven't seen #1

• The ring 😟

What Guys Said 12

• Good call on those (didn't see Dead silence though). I would agree those are scary however I would add In the mouth of madness and Prince of Darkness (those with the thing are considered to be John Carpenters apocalypse trilogy) Prince of Darkness is a bit less scary but has a crazier story, very out there, and In the Mouth Of Madness is a fantastic psychological horror movie. I would also recommend Cigarette burns (also from John Carpenter, it was part of the Masters of Horror HBO miniseries) and the first hell raiser (second one isn't bad either) movie.

• The Ring should be up there, I think. Before The Thing anyway. I don't know. I didn't find that one too freaky. The one that got me the worst was one about mirrors. I can't remember the name, it was an older movie (like 7 or more years ago athat least)

• I still refuse to watch The Ring lol. And was the film called Oculus (about a brother/sister) or Mirrors (where a cop wonders through a old church or nuthouse or something)?

• @DizzyDesii Okay, good. Now I know which movie to blame lol. I away the when I was about 10, and almost 9 years later I still try not to look at my reflection ever

• *saw it when I was about 10

• I've always thought of ghost movies as being the scariest and most think that the serial killer ones are.

• Haven't seen Thirteen Ghosts or Dead Silence. But I really liked the thing. You need to see Ju-On which is the original grudge from Japan. It's way scarier.

• Thirteen Ghosts scared me when I was a little kid. I wouldn't sleep in my room. I slept in the bed with my mom for a while after I watched that movie. If I could go back in time I would knock my 8 year old self out for being such a pussy.

• Meh all not scary at all, the grudge was scary when I was 12. Watch the underground french stuff, and no Hollywood movie will phase you again.

• I have seen the underground stuff and it's more disturbing than scary

• Martyrs (top pick), frontiers, the angels melancholy, Inside.

• I've seen parts of some of those only and they seem brutal indeed

• They all sound pretty disturbing and scary but I remember The Cinema Snob saying The Thing is insulting I wish I knew what he meant by that anyway thanks for the invite (:

• Halloween isn't remotely scary... Try Sinister or something... Even the Woman in Black was pretty freaky I'd say.. The Ring... The Haunting in Connecticut is a real good one too.. It was my introduction to horror movies

• The Exorcist definitely ranks up there

• The Mist was scarier. It scared me as an adult.

• loved dead silence, its a good movie

• Friday The 13th (Original)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    The Ring
    13 Ghost (Original)
    The Graveyard.