What are your thoughts on Simon Cowell?

People seem to either LOVE him or HATE him. I personally love him, I like how he's honest af, funny and loves animals.

• Love him ❤
  • Hate him 😤
  • Indifferent 😐
  • WHO? 🐢

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm really indifferent, but I agree he's an animal lover, which is tops in my book. He also showed a really soft human side the other evening when he openly shed tears, probably because of the loss of his beloved mother. He's a hard business man, but then, he has to be!! He does know what he's talking about, but I appreciate his human side, too!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• I only remember him from the days of American Idol. On that, he would be totally blunt. I remember when there was a dude who came in dressed like the Statue of Liberty to audition. Simon just was like "Leave. Now." He didn't even get a chance to sing, instead he just got kicked out haha

On the whole, I like him. He was blunt and would say it like it is, and this bluntness was usually pretty funny. Sure, there were times where he could be kinda nitpicky on voices, and he would suspiciously vote through attractive girls that came in bikinis and stuff (despite their ehh voice)... However, he was a cool dude on the whole.

I totally ship him and Paula Abdul when they were both on American Idol xD

• I am probably option C - While I am not a fan of that genre of TV, you have to respect that Simon Cowell saw a gap in the market and created the phenomenon that is X Factor and the Got Talent shows. Millions of people get great enjoyment out of his shows so you can't argue with that.

• O he's a major prick but he does care, he's honest because he doesn't want to give false hope to people that do genuinely suck at singing or playing. He wants the best to succeed, just like Gordan Ramsey through tough bitchy love lol. That usually ends in tears, red vein (y) faces and on occasion panic attacks 70% of the time lol.

• I like the guy. And the internet would brake if Simon and Gordon Ramsey would criticize someone on the same show lol

• Neither love nor hate. He can be rude, be he is brutally honest and that's what is needed, as the music industry is tough. So if he doesn't say it, someone else will say it in their career. He is basically indirectly preparing them for it.

• He's a shrewd business man. He knows what the public, @MissNowhere, wants! Fair play to him! He can be entertaining.

• He is very arrogant / ignorant towards people who tried out
    he can be nice but also a big prick too

• He endorsed Teletubbies... still have nightmares to this day
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBcMlRsWEAAV36c.jpg
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ELkzizC6M

• I neither love nor hate him. He's a smart and very successful guy but he's just too self-absorbed to be very likable.

• He's a prick for the sake of being a prick. The act has worn thin.

• Definitely blunt more so than some

• He's a prick and he knows it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1QSaS2tWo

• I'm indifferent but he seriously needs breast reduction surgery.

• Option C. As in he is a C***

• Hate is a strong word but I don't like him, mainly because I've heard too many stories of ridicule or downright taking advantage of candidates in Britain's Got Talent. And he's responsible for One Direction so that's another negative thing.

• he's def good tv

• I'd say indifferent, funny in a macabre sort of way I guess, I want to give him a black eye sometimes though lol

• I have no idea who is that guy 😛

• he is becoming more like dale winton with age!

• [ X X X X ]

• That's how a man should be.

• Who is he?

• he's a cunt he sent money to the iDF

• I have no idea who this person is

• I enjoy his remarks.

• He's a legend Britain got talent rules

• Not a huge fan of him

• I don't like how his company traps would be artist. But other than that and the commercialism he's honest. I know he's got a thing for Demi Lovato I can tell.

• Aren't you asking this question about 13 years too late?

What Girls Said 21

• Eh, I don't think much of him now cause I don't watch the show he is on right now, but when I watched American Idol I loved him! I liked his cruel nature.

• I love him much more than I hate him. =)
    I like the brutal honesty.
    Something you can't get away with unless you're a celebrity. Hahaha

• He is rude as hell, but the man speaks the truth and I respect him for that. And he is the only one on britain's got Talent that can actually spot real Talent. Others are still good, but they often follow the public. So if the public likes some song from shitty singers because it's catchy, the other judges would like them too. Not Simon. If there's no Talent involved, he gives a no.

• I love him. He's a prick, but he's funny (and his love of puppies is adorable) :)

• Not a fan. I don't hate him just don't like these talent shows he does. Plus he is a bit or an arrogant prick.

• Very blunt indeed, but it was usually for good reason, his deliberate blunt and honest delivery served the purpose as to construct, hence "Constructive Criticism" not necessarily a means to insult

• People who got on his televised talent show knew to expect his 'way' in which he delivers 'construct' criticism, the real question... IS: could they handle such rejection? If not, they obviously have no place in the entertainment industry

• I like him. I find his bluntness quite funny to be honest. Even though people say he's rude or whatever, he does not give people false hope which in the long run is better. Also, I noticed some people complained that sometimes he puts some people through biased on their looks. But that IS the music industry. Mainstream pop is largely based on looks. It is what it is.

• I have always liked Simon Cowell

Even when he made some vicious, yet funny jokes, at the expense of some American Idol contestants.

• Honesty is a must in the entertainment industry. It's business as usual. I'm neutral about him.

• I like him because he's a asshole. I like assholes.

• He is blunt.. and witty. I like him, lol.

• I don't really care about him.

• i don't have much of an opinion on him
    he's ok

• i call him Mr. Marmite man. you either hate it or love it

• Ehhh, i don't care about him

• I think he can be funny but sometimes he can be rather rude.

• I love him, all this sugar coating going on today is sickening.

• I don't know him so I don't have any thoughts on him :/

• I don't know who he is.

• If I see him on the street I'm hitting him with a bat

• Who's that?