Is my guy friend attracted to me, even though he has a gf?

Okay, I have a guy friend of mine (or, an acquaintance really), that I used to have a REALLY HUGE crush on. My feelings for him have died down somewhat, but he's always known that I've liked him for 2 years. Well, meanwhile he's been kind of dating this girl for about 2 years, but his actions... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• First off you I can't answer this until I know the type of connection he and his girlfriend shares. Is it having a girlfriend just to have one? In that case he is in "what if" case. i.e. he is like "what if I had asked this girl out, she appreciates me so much more than my gf."

Otherwise it maybe philandering.

It may or may not be a mind game. There are two ways to make sure i) asking him and ii) studying closely the relationship he shares with his gf.

• He and his girlfriend seem to have a close relationship. But they don't seem to be compatible much because they're always fighting!

What do you mean by "philandering"?

I don't think he's doing it to deliberately play a "mind game". He just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I honestly dont' think he's deviously trying to find ways that he can intentionally hurt me. I think he's just confused, and doesn't know what he wants.

I think he's attracted to me, but he wants his gf.

• Philander is the synonym of player. lol.

The thing that is probably happening is that he jumped into the relationship at the wrong moment and they don't share a wonderful chemistry. Maybe he was a little emotionally down or insecure at that time and that led to the relationship. Now he sees you and misses you. He thinks how much you care for him and you would be such a great gf. But he already has a girlfriend and that's the problem. It was wrong timing for him. So whenever he sees you are .... contd...