Fashion Trends Girls Love That Guys Hate

As females, we love staying on top of fashion trends and rocking the newest styles every chance we get. Since fashion trends are ever-changing, occasionally new styles arise that girls love and guys hate. Not every style is designed to showcase our figure and catch a guy’s eye, but that doesn’t mean we will cut them from our wardrobe – fashion-forward isn’t always sexy, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Here are 11 fashion trends that girls love and guys hate:

MOM JEANS

Ok fine, not all girls are ready for mom jeans.. but they are about to make a big comebackFashion Trends Girls Love That Guys Hate

MIDI SKIRTS

Conservative or daring, these skirts are a statement for every girl

STILETTO NAILS

A little intimidating, but incredibly fierce

HIGH WAIST JEAN SHORTS

I've heard guys refer to these as "diapers", but I still don't see why they wouldn't be into these?

BOYFRIEND JEANS

Sometimes we just want a break from our skinny jeans + these are WAY more comfortable

HAREM PANTS

A combination of sweat pants, yoga pants, and chic trousers #win

SHOULDER PADS

For the days we just want to make a statement

PEPLUMS

Unnecessary frills, but peplums are feminine and sophisticated (and great for slimming the tummy)

UGG BOOTS

Yes, they are back too - Feet, rejoice

ROMPERS

A playful version of a dress. What girl doesn't love a romper?

HIGH WAIST BIKINIS

Sexy and feminine with vintage vibes

Guys - Are you a fan of these fashion trends?

Girls - Would you sacrifice looking sexy to follow a fashion trend?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 45

• I don't mind the mom and boyfriend jeans.
    I am so so on the ugg boots and the midi skirt.
    I like the harem pants, rompers and the high waisted bikini.
    I really don't like stiletto nails, high waisted shorts, shoulder pads and peplums.
    What else do I not like stripper chic
    g04.s.alicdn.com/.../...YFVXXXXXRXpXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

• Haha yeah, I am definitely not a fan of the "stripper chic" look either!

• Same here, stripper chic clothing is distasteful.

• Yes! You have described me KD!

• The Harem Pants aren't great, but aren't terrible either. And I could live with the high-waisted bikini, though it certainly wouldn't be my choice.

Most of the others make me throw up in my mouth - especially the mom jeans and the cut-offs made from them. They were AWFUL the first time around - why do that to yourselves again? BLECH!

• MIDI Skirts, like em
    High waisted Jean shorts, love em
    Harem pants, it takes a girl to pull em off right.
    Peplums, nice
    Rompers, depends on the design
    High waist bikini, lovely.

I'm surprised some of these guys don't like. I guess I like when a girl dresses fashionable and looks great in it. Uggs, I'll never like them. I just feel like girls have wore WAY better when it comes to boots. They just look terrible and trashy.

• Pretty accurate. Anything high waisted should be doused in gasoline, burned, and then it's ashes shot into outer space. GTFO with that👎👎

• I agree on the rompers, it looks like something a grandma would wear. Only reason it doesn't look bad in the picture is because the girl is attractive. Whenever I see someone wearing rompers I think grandma.

• Burn it! Burn it all!

• Mom jeans- Cool
    Midi skirt- Cool
    Stiletto nails- Not cool
    High waist jean shorts- Cool
    Boyfriend jeans- Not cool
    Harem pants- Cool
    Shoulder pads- Not cool
    Peplums- Not cool
    Ugg boots- Only for home and sleepovers
    Rompers- Cool
    High waist bikinis- Not cool

• It doesn't matters what you wear if you are sexy you can pull anything off... And yeah high waist bikini makes me horny

• When I see Stilleto nails, I see this
    static.comicvine.com/.../719940-cheetah98.jpg

• Yeah the high waist things are getting on my nerve. In fact, I don't seem to like these fashion and I am not a picky guy. I like the midi skirt though. It looks nice

• Why on earth it is happening?

• Hate all of these except for the romper and high waist bikini. Lol the high waist bikini looks better than a normal bikini.

• I think most guys don't give a shit about what a girl wears - we are thinking about what is under the wrapper.

• Yep, all of those are ugly.
    The high waist jeans cover more your stomach than your ass -_-

• the second it hits 60deg out here in los angeles, ugg boots everywhere. yuk

the resurgence of exposed shoulders repulses me as well
    http://i63.tinypic.com/29x6h4l.jpg

• Iam sorry did you just say that being sexy, attracting men and looking good is no always the reason behind following the newset fashios? i am just interested in why would you even follow a certain fashion if it doesn look good or anyone finds you attractive doing it

• I SOO AGREE, wow you have superior awareness

• I don't hate 80% of these lol. The Jean styles don't bother me. The uggs don't bother me. And outfits like rompers I like if you have the body for it.

• For the love of god please don't bring back shoulder pads...

• Yeah stiletto nails are lame af

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 26

• The reason why boys don't like high-waisted jeans/shorts, is that boys really, really, REALLY like exactly what they hide.

That lower midriff, between waist and hips. Bottom half of the hourglass, disappearing oh-so-teasingly into the front of a pair of LOW-waisted jeans/shorts.
    Boys like that.
    Really really like it.

... As long as we don't fuck it up with a whale tail in the back, amirite?

• Boys don't like what girls are wearing? Too fucking bad.

• The same applies to women

• no that is because for you women, everything is a one way street.

• @TimeSplitters123 bye bye little misogynist.

• Is it odd that I love high waisted jeans and swimsuits, but hate the shorts? They look weird lol. And I can't stand those damn stiletto nails!

• haha! This makes me feel like a guy then because I actually don't really like any of these things. I've never understood the craze with high-waisted ANYTHING. I just think they make women look oddly shaped. Lol

• nice one girl!

Mom jeans: love
    Midi skirt: like
    Stiletto nails: UGLY AF.
    High waist jean shorts: trashy
    Boyfriend jeans: love
    Harem pants: meh
    Shoulder pads: like
    Peplums: like
    Ugg boots: like
    Rompers: like
    High waist bikinis: L O V E. im so into anything vintage which explains that.

• When did shoulder pads start making a comeback?

I love Harem pants. Not for the look but because they feel like you have no pants on. They're so comfy. Some do have really trippy patterns that are cute though.
    Stilletto nails are yuck, and midi skirts are cute for 60s themed things.
    Rompers are really cute to me but I think of them more as cloth overall shorts rather than a dress. I don't wear mom or boyfriend jeans but some people really have been rocking them.

The peplums and uggs are so so. I don't have uggs but they just seem comfy. The peplums really can go either way depending on the style.

• i don't see why mom jeans are called mom jeans. they were worn by people of all ages and very popular with teenagers in their day. the kids who used to wear them were not moms. they are the same jeans. ad i don't get boyfriend jeans either., a lot of people don't even like skinny jeans not wearing them doesn't mean you wear jeans meant for another sex. jeans are unisex clothing anyhow. those jeans are ugly though;. for either sex. their shape is hideous and i don't like rolled up hems unless the legs are verrrry long to balance things out.

the rest is whatever except shoulder pas. always ugly never attractive, on anyone.

• I don't mind most of these except the shorts, shoulder pads and the nails. How can you wipe with nails like that?

• Some of these seem to be '80s and early to mid '90s trends, like shoulder pads and high waisted stuff. I love my shoulder pads, but not that extreme, and I don't wear them all the time. I don't really wear anything else on the list except maybe mom and boyfriend jeans, as I'm not big on wearing super tight jeans, or at least not all the time. I'm not big on most of the stuff here though.

• I only like the high waisted shorts, everything else I'm not even a fan of.

• High waisted anything and peplum stuff <3 High waisted stuff highlights the positive aspects of my body.

• To be honest there's lots of the things above that im not into at all... 1,3,5,7 🙅 8 ( that dress that's in the pic, i didn't like it, but there's some dresses like that style but better looking )

• I love love love rompers! !!:)

• I hate most of these honestly, but I love rompers. That one isn't all that cute in my opinion though.

• Ahhhhh! Why are they bringing back all of these ugly trends? Yikes! I wouldn't be caught dead in any of them!

• Hm, I don't like many of these that much. Am I a guy? Lol.

• OK, so why the hell are 80's and 90's clothing back in style? The clothes were cool but super ugly. Every knows that 80's and 90's music is pretty dope. Though I am a skinny jeans/high waisted normal jeans girl. I love my vans nikes, riding boots. I like my nail long and squoval not fake.

• I think girls like waisted pants one because they don't have to worry about the muffin top, two it gives an illusion of a smaller waist. stiletto nails are hideous, peplum, I'm tired of seeing, the patted shoulder gives an illusion of broader shoulder making the body look more balanced ( hourglass) and the waist smaller and I'm tires of this trend. We are really just recycling and recycling trends yet nothing has been innovative and true to this generation.

• the nails r and shoulder pads on that list seem like the only t hings i would assume guys hate, everything else they may like or be neutral about.

• I've found the high-waisted shorts & bikinis to be somewhat uncomfortable, as they press on my navel piercing.

• More from Girls
    6