Fashion Trends Girls Love That Guys Hate

As females, we love staying on top of fashion trends and rocking the newest styles every chance we get. Since fashion trends are ever-changing, occasionally new styles arise that girls love and guys hate. Not every style is designed to showcase our figure and catch a guy’s eye, but that doesn’t mean we will cut them from our wardrobe – fashion-forward isn’t always sexy, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Here are 11 fashion trends that girls love and guys hate:

MOM JEANS

Ok fine, not all girls are ready for mom jeans.. but they are about to make a big comebackFashion Trends Girls Love That Guys Hate

MIDI SKIRTS

Conservative or daring, these skirts are a statement for every girl

STILETTO NAILS

A little intimidating, but incredibly fierce

HIGH WAIST JEAN SHORTS

I've heard guys refer to these as "diapers", but I still don't see why they wouldn't be into these?

BOYFRIEND JEANS

Sometimes we just want a break from our skinny jeans + these are WAY more comfortable

HAREM PANTS

A combination of sweat pants, yoga pants, and chic trousers #win

SHOULDER PADS

For the days we just want to make a statement

PEPLUMS

Unnecessary frills, but peplums are feminine and sophisticated (and great for slimming the tummy)

UGG BOOTS

Yes, they are back too - Feet, rejoice

ROMPERS

A playful version of a dress. What girl doesn't love a romper?

HIGH WAIST BIKINIS

Sexy and feminine with vintage vibes

Guys - Are you a fan of these fashion trends?

Girls - Would you sacrifice looking sexy to follow a fashion trend?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 45

• I SOO AGREE, wow you have superior awareness

• The high-waist jean shorts, peplums, and different jean types don't really bother me. Though the romper is something I detest because it makes me think of my little sister who's a toddler and that is awkward.

• The Harem Pants aren't great, but aren't terrible either. And I could live with the high-waisted bikini, though it certainly wouldn't be my choice.

Most of the others make me throw up in my mouth - especially the mom jeans and the cut-offs made from them. They were AWFUL the first time around - why do that to yourselves again? BLECH!

• I don't mind the mom and boyfriend jeans.
    I am so so on the ugg boots and the midi skirt.
    I like the harem pants, rompers and the high waisted bikini.
    I really don't like stiletto nails, high waisted shorts, shoulder pads and peplums.
    What else do I not like stripper chic
    g04.s.alicdn.com/.../...YFVXXXXXRXpXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

• Haha yeah, I am definitely not a fan of the "stripper chic" look either!

• Same here, stripper chic clothing is distasteful.

• Yes! You have described me KD!

• Yep, all of those are ugly.
    The high waist jeans cover more your stomach than your ass -_-

• Harem pants and high waist bikinis aren't that bad, but the rest? Yuck.

• Good take, i hate all of them. The soviet-assassin-spy-nails i might be okay with looks wise, though in practice may be an issue.

• I love all of them. They look good and casual. I dont know why guys dont like this...

• WHY WOMEN LIKE THOSE 😂😂😂😂

• I don't hate 80% of these lol. The Jean styles don't bother me. The uggs don't bother me. And outfits like rompers I like if you have the body for it.

• Iam sorry did you just say that being sexy, attracting men and looking good is no always the reason behind following the newset fashios? i am just interested in why would you even follow a certain fashion if it doesn look good or anyone finds you attractive doing it

• What am i doing...

• I'm only a fan of Uggs. That goes well with shorts, miniskirts, skorts, yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, stirrups, and underwear (yes, bikinis are underwear). The only type of clothing Uggs don't go well with are jeans.

• Why on earth it is happening?

• I like the high waist bikini, but the rest suck. Especially those horrible high waist jean shorts and mom jeans.

• I like the high-waist bikinis, peplums and mom jeans (in a darker denim color). I think they really accentuate the girl's waistline, hips and butt really well! :)

• For the love of god please don't bring back shoulder pads...

• Yeah stiletto nails are lame af

• Yeah, I don't care for most of those. Some I flat out hate.

• Stop man bashing

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 26

• The reason why boys don't like high-waisted jeans/shorts, is that boys really, really, REALLY like exactly what they hide.

That lower midriff, between waist and hips. Bottom half of the hourglass, disappearing oh-so-teasingly into the front of a pair of LOW-waisted jeans/shorts.
    Boys like that.
    Really really like it.

... As long as we don't fuck it up with a whale tail in the back, amirite?

• When did shoulder pads start making a comeback?

I love Harem pants. Not for the look but because they feel like you have no pants on. They're so comfy. Some do have really trippy patterns that are cute though.
    Stilletto nails are yuck, and midi skirts are cute for 60s themed things.
    Rompers are really cute to me but I think of them more as cloth overall shorts rather than a dress. I don't wear mom or boyfriend jeans but some people really have been rocking them.

The peplums and uggs are so so. I don't have uggs but they just seem comfy. The peplums really can go either way depending on the style.

• nice one girl!

Mom jeans: love
    Midi skirt: like
    Stiletto nails: UGLY AF.
    High waist jean shorts: trashy
    Boyfriend jeans: love
    Harem pants: meh
    Shoulder pads: like
    Peplums: like
    Ugg boots: like
    Rompers: like
    High waist bikinis: L O V E. im so into anything vintage which explains that.

• Hm, I don't like many of these that much. Am I a guy? Lol.

• Is it odd that I love high waisted jeans and swimsuits, but hate the shorts? They look weird lol. And I can't stand those damn stiletto nails!

• I only like the high waisted shorts, everything else I'm not even a fan of.

• haha! This makes me feel like a guy then because I actually don't really like any of these things. I've never understood the craze with high-waisted ANYTHING. I just think they make women look oddly shaped. Lol

• i hate all of them except for peplum i have several peplum dresses

• the nails r and shoulder pads on that list seem like the only t hings i would assume guys hate, everything else they may like or be neutral about.

• I've found the high-waisted shorts & bikinis to be somewhat uncomfortable, as they press on my navel piercing.

• I'm sorry but these are all horrendous

• I hate most of these styles.

• To be honest, I don't like none of these things either. I guess I'm turning into a guy 😐

• i don't see why mom jeans are called mom jeans. they were worn by people of all ages and very popular with teenagers in their day. the kids who used to wear them were not moms. they are the same jeans. ad i don't get boyfriend jeans either., a lot of people don't even like skinny jeans not wearing them doesn't mean you wear jeans meant for another sex. jeans are unisex clothing anyhow. those jeans are ugly though;. for either sex. their shape is hideous and i don't like rolled up hems unless the legs are verrrry long to balance things out.

the rest is whatever except shoulder pas. always ugly never attractive, on anyone.

• To be honest there's lots of the things above that im not into at all... 1,3,5,7 🙅 8 ( that dress that's in the pic, i didn't like it, but there's some dresses like that style but better looking )

• OK, so why the hell are 80's and 90's clothing back in style? The clothes were cool but super ugly. Every knows that 80's and 90's music is pretty dope. Though I am a skinny jeans/high waisted normal jeans girl. I love my vans nikes, riding boots. I like my nail long and squoval not fake.

• I would prefer this mytake from a guy.

• I hate most of these honestly, but I love rompers. That one isn't all that cute in my opinion though.

• I don't mind most of these except the shorts, shoulder pads and the nails. How can you wipe with nails like that?

• High waisted anything and peplum stuff <3 High waisted stuff highlights the positive aspects of my body.

• More from Girls
    6