Underwear Sales Are Up, Up, Up!

I work at a national department store chain whose name I will leave off. I have worked here for almost 5 years now doing everything from stocking shelves to working the cash register. I wanted to take a moment to share with others this revelation I had about men's underwear.

When I first started working at this department store, men's underwear was just another thing to stock. You had your boxers, boxer briefs and a small assortment of briefs. About a year ago however, I noticed something different when working in the men's section...all of a sudden there were new styles of men's underwear for sale. The amount of briefs we started carrying tripled and stylish jocks and thongs made their debut on our shelves.

I laughed with my coworker as we both joked that no guy would ever purchase these but as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months I found myself sorely mistaken! I was ringing men up on an almost daily basis who were purchasing these jocks, briefs and thongs. Who would have thought that men would be interested in wearing these styles?!??

I finally had to ask one of my customers what the draw was. He said, "they are very supportive, that his fiancee liked them and they made him feel good about himself." okay fair enough, I guess guys should have more choices when it comes to clothes, I like to think of myself as a pretty open 21st century woman.

I noticed that over time I started picturing some of the customers in their skiivies and I must admit it did get me a little hot and bothered. I decided to purchase and gift two jocks to my boyfriend and after a strange few looks he agreed to try them on. Well turns out I got more than just a little hot and bothered when he slipped them on. He looked so masculine like a professional baseball player! So now going forward my boyfriend has worked in a few different styles into his underwear collection and I must say I am a very happy lady :)

So from someone who has first hand experience selling and stocking men's underwear I can tell you that men are starting to branch out and care more about how they look in the underwear department. Sales are up, up, up and women's enthusiasm (like mine) should also be up, up, up.

Some examples of the underwear:

Underwear sales are up, up, up!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 26

• I think underwear you posted is mainly popular in for gay people tbh. But ya I'm all about high quality (I. e. CK) underwear, not boxers like kids wear lol

• That actually looks horribly uncomfortable

• One time at Calvin Klein outlets I bought a 3 pack of what I thought were black briefs on sale, but when I got home I noticed I had bought a 3 pack of thongs. Long story short they're comfortable as fuck believe it or not, and my girlfriend said she wanted to get me more thongs now. But normally I don't buy name brand mens underwear because its expensive as hell. Men need an equivalent to Victorias Secret for cheap 5 dollar undies.

• I had a girlfriend who told me she'd wear thongs for me if I wore them for her.(men's things) So I did. Now I can tell u, they are the most comfy underwear I have worn. I went out and bought myself many new ones. My current girlfriend also loves them on me and I love things on her too!

• so i guess the women like to see us guys in skimpy underwear

• The one below looks utterly uncomfortable. The one above might be okay depending upon how much coverage there was on the backside.

• Honestly I think these seem very uncomfortable and not so cool...

• NO FUCKING WAY I'M GONNA WEAR IT. I'll get nightmares of getting my ass drilled.

• Looks very much like jock straps which were required in all the sports I did in high school. I think they were required in PE also, which means every guy in school wore them. However we usually wore regular underwear over top of them.

• o damn I gotta try these new underwears.
    Which ones are the worst ones and less attractive to wear, in your opinion?

• ehm, I'm sorry but I think I'll stay with my regular boxer briefs, lol.

• Jesus I scrolled right into those pictures at the bottom there. Yech. You just look at that and think, women do get a shitty deal in life. Fancy having to screw a guy all the time. Fuck that. I'd rather join the Buddhist monks and celebrate restraint from sex all together. Why would guys want to dress in those things. Need a bit of room. The baggier the better in my opinion

• The second pair you don't even need to take off to go poo! this truly is the future!

• I think I'll pass on these. What about speedos? Do you think they'll make a comeback?

• Lol what.. it looks like strippers..

• Well that's how women's thongs started out. Before they were mainstream and available in everystore they were first used by strippers so I can see why you would associate the two. Men's underwear hasn't had the time to permeate Pop culture like the women's version has that's why men's may get associated with strippers more than females

• Hmm yea.. i would be shy to put them on lol. if they were covered from the bottom and open in the front, i would wear them for my girlfriend in the bedroom only.

• no thanks, I'll stick to the boxer briefs.

• Men's care products like shampoo for men, scented body wash for men and well pretty much anything that related to beauty products get a "for men" or something similar are on the rise too. In fact, it is growing so much the manufacturers are scrambling to keep up with the demand.

Yes, ladies... Men are getttting prettier and smell better too. *invests in beauty products for men*

Now that last pair of underwear is just crazy. I will stick to the cheap and comfortable one.

• They're getting prettier and more feminine. The beauty care industry is laughing all the way to the bank for shilling their half-truths, lies and scams to both sexes.

• I rather see underwear go Down, Down, Down!

• I don't buy that any straight man wears that kind of underwear. That is really pathetic. and just what I wanted to see, some guys ass and junk.. lets see the skimpy women underwear lol..

• I am just reporting what I see in the store, you may be surprised, I was too! It's not like you see people's underwear, people could be wearing them around you, you wouldn't know. It's not like people talk about their underwear with strangers. All I can say is... they sell.

• well.. I'm glad I'm old is all I can say... lol

• what the fuck...

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 18

• Lmao I don't see how they would even be comfortable. Looks like some sort of bdsm type of stuff.

• I'd agree and say how could men wear that they dont look comfortable but then I 'd look in my own underwear drawer and realise I wear tons of undies that aren't exactly comfy either Hahahaha

• Lol well see, all my undies are boyshorts or briefs.

• They look incredibly gay.
    I wouldn't want my guy wearing that

• my boyfriend wears armani

• Awesome, now I know what to get my fiance for his birthday!
    Hahaha, just kiddin'.

• Oh my god that's horrible do you work in a sex shop? or maybe your into gay stuff cause that is just ew

• Nope I work at a department store and not sure what "me some how being into gay stuff" has to do with the types of underwear our customers buy

• if my shop was sale things like that i would just go somewhere else

• Pretty sure that's gay men's underwear preference you are showing. I get my guy boxer briefs which are his fav.

• Guys in European countries are very into this style.

• My fiance has a few thongs.

I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face when he first wore one for me because of how "out-of-left-field" It was, I never saw a man wearing so little (aside from being naked) in person before, I thought that he might be secretly gay at first, but I actually started to enjoy it and I'm now probably in the minority here when I say that I find it really sexy when a man who's in killer shape has the confidence to pull that look off.

I love how it both accentuates his abs and highlights his package while giving my hands easy access to the prize inside :P Lately me and my guy spend quality time together in our thongs and nothing else when we're alone together in our house, a LOT of kinky shit tends to happen as a result.

• I'll admit that I love it when a guy takes care of himself. I don't expect a model or for him to wear brand name clothes. But it's nice when a guy puts in effort. I like to wear nice clothes. And while I am not perfect myself, I love it when a guy doesn't think it's acceptable to wear underwear that is well worn and has stains. It just turns me right off.

Same with all clothes in general. A guy wearing well-fitting clothes is much more attractive than a guy who could care less if his pants are dragging on the ground and have lots of holes and stains.

I think the underwear trend is both exciting on my end and also a good thing to see. Women are expected to have nice underwear, so why not men?

• Mmmm jockstraps😍

• Any guy that wear those will look disgusting. I dont like how the bulge is so obvious

• Unless he is stripping I'm not into it. Plus I'm sure Its the gay/bi community buying it

• while I kinda, sorta like these in the front, they look really awkward/unflattering on the ass

• I don't really see the appeal.

• "I can tell you that men are starting to branch out "
    by men... you mean your boyfriend? why are you telling us this? why should we be concerned about what kind of strange things your boyfriend enjoys wearing?

• This isn't specifically about my significant other, I think you missed the point. He was just a small detour on a bigger point that plenty of customers (people I don't personally know) are buying a wider array of underwear styles. I thought this was something interesting to share with people since it's more widely believed that men only wear boxers or boxer briefs.

• if you say so, but it sounded like you were deducing that guys are starting wear these strange kind of underwear just because you know your boyfriend does

• What about the part that says I work at a department store and see men purchasing them? Or do you only know how to read certain words?

• Hmm interesting

• WTF!! the last one made me giggle so much.