Top 5 Underrated Makeup Brands!

Whenever you get on youtube to look for makeup tutorials...you will mostly see high end brands products like ; Urban Decay/Mac/The Balm/Benefits/Tartre/Sephora/Stila/Sigma/Chanel/Shu Uemura/Bobbi Brown that are used in the tutorials..but are all of these products available anywhere in the world?? NOPE Can they be seen as affordable by everyone?? NOPE ...

Top 5 underrated makeup brands!

I'm gonna list down a few brands which are affordable and available almost everywhere:

1. Maybelline

This brand can be easily found at drugstores

2. Yves Rocher

One of my favourite brands(a french one); really affordable and consist of vegetal extracts.

3. Melyssa

Another quality product and affordable.

4. Avon

Still affordable and available everywhere.

5. Revlon

Nice brand but kinda underrated.

So what according to you are the underrated makeup brands?

19
zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

• Have you tried Behr?

• It's because the more " high end brands" put the money into YouTube by sponsorship and endorsement of the more popular YouTubers.

What Girls Said 19

• I've heard and loved all of these except Yves Rocher - I'll be checking that out. ^-^

Thanks for the tip!

• NYX for sure. I am no longer price-point-sensitive, but, the price point is friendly (usually $5-7 per item, compared to ≈$20 per item for the typical brand carried at Sephora)... and they have 12 colors of metallic lipstick! and 12 colors of pastel "macaron" lipstick! SWT.

• I love maybellines cream concealer and I swear by Avons matte lipstick.

• I only know 3 of those brands. :D

Whats the best cheapest con clear

• Mary Kay, NYX & ELF are great as well!

• I loved Revlon long time ago until I started using the high end brands, which are REALLY awesome by the way. The only inexpensive makeup I have in my makeup drawer is Maybelline Butterfly mascara, the rest is all Stila, Marc Jacobs, a lot of UD and a lot of YSL lipsticks that I dont use. I dont even know WHY I purchase these things.

• Yves rocher is the best ^-^

• Maybelline <3

• I'm using MAC and MakeUp Forever brand in mostly my make up, but I always using Maybelline's Mascara and eyeliners. I personally think it's perfect compared with others

• I like the idea of this MyTake, but I wish you would have included more reasons why these brands are good and listed exemplary products.

• thanks... well the products i listed above are really good ones (quality wise and price wise).. but you rarely hear about them

• Love Maybellines Foundation ( they really should come out with darker shades). they are the first and only foundation I've ever used. right now im loving the maybelline dream matte mousse.

• @untotal really? Cause the foundation I'm trying right now has a lot of yellow undertones and it makes me feel like I looked super yellow cause the rest of my body is darker, but I can't use a foundation with red undertones because it makes my face look dead, like its too dark, so I struggle a lot with foundation shades lol. I just stick with the light one and try to work around it with shades that are too dark like contouring and everything.

• Aw man that sucks I'm sorry :/ darker shades are way harder to shop for

The thing is is that the lighter most foundations get (at least the cheaper ones) the pinker they get too, because most pale people tend to have cool undertones. Enter me, a person who's literally 7/8ths mediterranean (mom is albanian, dad is 3/4 italian, with just 1/4 irish), but somehow had the incredible luck to be blessed with that cream cheese complexion 😒😂 (can you tell I'm a liiiiiitle salty about not being able to tan lmao 😂😂)

so tl;dr I have very warm undertones but super light skin

• Thanks girl this is awesome

• Forever 21. To me, their makeup is cheep and amazing! Except the lipstick, but then again, I hate the smell of almost ALL lipstick

• Another one is NYX - i love their matte lipsticks and Rimmel for their eye makeup.

• You are right about that and everything, but actually I'm experiencing a technical difficulty with makup. When I moved back to the U. S. after many years, I noticed that the makeup I bought in the U. S., was of much lower quality than it's exact same twin in Europe or Dubai.
    Like I used O'Real powder foundation, and my old one which I had bought in Dubai was light, fine, and silky, but the exact same one I bought in the U. S. was dry, grainy, and of course wouldn't smooth over my face the same way the old one did.
    Not to mention that most of the time, the same brand has a completely different product portfolio in the U. S. EXCLUDING my favorite products. Why? What is wrong here? Why would they not carry popular products or products of equal quality?

• oh i wasn't aware of that issue concerning makeup in the US.

• Did you buy yr stuff in the fashion district of a large city (NY, LA, Miami) at a deep discount? A LOT of the discount stuff sold in big-city fashion districts is fake.

You mean L'oreal, right?

• I buy them at Target or CVS pharmacy in San Diego, CA.
      Yes L'Oreal, sorry about that.
      Just try it. Ask someone to bring you a souvenir. Specially the ones you buy in big famous airports, like Dubai Duty Free, or authentic stores in Europe. Then compare them to what you have. I don't know how it exactly works with online orders, if they send you the exact same product they sell in their stores or if they have a different system for it.
      Even the quality/price ratio for clothing is very much lower in the U. S. I used to shop in really cheap places all over the world while I was traveling & I was always told that I should go for brands & higher qualities. I still do the same in the U. S., but the quality is so terribly & visibly poor for same prices, that I'm hanging on to my old stuff like they are gold. Even the famous brands & great retailers sell the poorest quality items for the craziest prices.
      Not to mention the ridiculously high prices and lowest gold content in jewelry.

• But Maybelline and Avon are famous, they are not so underrated...

• I disagree with Revlon being on that list. I barely like anything that come out of them. And Maybelline is alright. I haven't tried the other ones.

An underrated brand to me is Sephora and Rimmel London.

• I love REVLON <3, most of my major (and favourite) makeup is Revlon, like foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner. Something like mascara I grab the cheapest waterproof.