5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Wearing Makeup

My background; I have been working in the cosmetics industry for the past 8 years. For brands like L'ancome, Estee Lauder, and Sephora... Wearing a full face of makeup for the past 11 years.

1. Sales People Take You More Seriously

I noticed that when I had a bold makeup look, if I was dealing with customer service in the store- the managers would definitely take me more seriously, and were more careful with their tone of voice.

2. Men/Women Stare, and The Brave Approach You

While I was on public transit, or generally walking in public places, I noticed that men would look at me. This was apparent when I especially wore bold lip colors (like red), or had a smokey eye look. Women would give me compliments and were friendly.

3. Ladies at Sephora Approach You Less

As compared to when I had minimal to no makeup, when I wore full makeup to go to Sephora, I noticed that the sales girls would approach me less to ask for help.

4. You Get I.D.'d Less

Whereas with less makeup I was always ID'd, with a full face of makeup I was able to order alcoholic drinks easily- without having the hassle of presenting an ID.

5. Customers Trust You More.

While at work in the cosmetics field, when I was fully done up, as opposed to the minimal requirements of eyeliner/blush/lipstick- I felt that I not only sold more, but that customers were more willing to listen to my recommendations.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

I imagine it's all true. As for sales people, they're instructed to approach certain people ahead of certain other people. For obvious reasons, of course. People can complain about it all they wish, but there's a reason the well-dressed person in a place like Swarovski's or something will invariably be approached before the dude wearing ripped jeans and a hoodie. :P

I don't think so, some people don't like makeup.

never heard anyone talk about make up from this perspective, thanks

if you look more attractive you will attract more attention , laws of physics

WTF?

1 is because a lot of people are stupid.
    5 is same as 1.

People who think you do a better work because you use makeup it's stupid. makes no sense whatever.

4. I get it. You look older with makeup.

2. Not everyone is the same. People who don't approach can also be brave. They just don't care. If it were me I wouldn't give 3 more damns if you wear or don't wear makeup.

She specifically works in cosmetics, so #5 isn't stupid.

@redeyemindtricks sorry.
      I'm a busy man. I try minimize time.

Well. If she didn't then my opinion would be applied.

I like my girls with so much makeup I can't see any damn pores. I'm Jeb Bush and I endorse this message.

What Girls Said 9

Yeah, makes sense.

Might I ask - what is 'bold approach'?

Number 5 goes without saying. Of course customers will trust your makeup knowledge if you're wearing full makeup. Who wouldn't? And I highly doubt people are friendly to you because you're wearing makeup.

Maybe in your country but not in mine; in France people have a really bad impression of people who wear noticeable make up. I know that when I wear no-make up to nude make up people trust me more and they also think that no make up means your smarter

As the saying goes - if you look like shit, you get treated like shit!

I completely disagree.

Those are not the reasons why I wear makeup. I wear makeup because it's fun and it makes me feel prettier.

You forgot to mention what the long term effects of makeup are, and what its actually made of, and how dangerous it actually is to your skin and pores, i wrote a pretty significant subject matter concerning this a while back.. and while its ok to have a little makeup on occasions its bad to wear every single day.

Interesting. For me though, only 1 point I cannot say I've ever experienced- getting ID'd less. I look young as it is, when I wear make up I look even younger. It's ridiculous. I think maybe because my skin looks smoother or something, I don't know. And i can only wear subtle make up, or i end up looking like a 12 year old who got into her big sisters make up bag.

1. People probably take you more seriously because you look more mean and intimidating.

2. Usually girls with heavy makeup get approached by guys looking for hookups. They're brave because that vibe is probably being given off. Women who compliment and are friendly probably do so because you look like something they wish they could achieve.

3. Ladies at Sephora approach you less because it's obvious you're experienced with makeup and don't need help. Also you probably already know what you're looking for which means they can't feed you garbage to make a big sale out of you.

4. You get I. D.'d less because makeup makes you look older than what you actually are.

5. Customers probably trust you more because looking older comes with the added assumption of more experience.