When is there too much makeup on a girls face?

Besides a little mascara, is foundation, eyeshadow or bronzer really necessary?
Any thoughts on girls wearing lipstick/lipgloss?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• The only thing that can overdo it is excessive eye shadow and bold lipstick... because these things are quite obviously different when its washed off... the right amount of make up should alter her natural appearence more than nessecary... here's A LITTLE FUN FACT : Did you know that the term cosmetics comes from the scientific term "cosmos" which is the process of creating order out of chaos? LOL !!!

• It's too much when it is anything other than eyeliner and lipstick and mascara.

• If it's done right, looks dolled up.. she got a pass..

But if it's caked, like crusty the clown on Halloween.. then hell nah.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's too much when the makeup literally contorts their face into a different shape with different shading and "fake-made-real-by-makeup" shadows and cheekbones. I've seen those tutorial pictures where the women literally "change" the shape of their face (optical illusion). To me, that's too much. If women want to wear big bold eye makeup and dark red lipstick, I could care less really.

But once you're changing the whole outlook of your face...

• its too much if she looks dead and sickly without it.
    i think its too much if you put too much eye make up. heavy coating just makes me want to smack people.