Girls/Guys: Does this dress show too much cleavage?

Hi, everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

So I bought this really cute dress from Forever21. I was scanning their website and when I saw it, I immediately knew I had to have it. It was only twenty-five dollars.

Naturally, the model looked stunning in it. However, I didn't take into consideration that the model and I have very different body types. She was a smaller chested gal, where as I am on the larger scale.

I already bought the dress and I'd hate to return it, because it's super cute, but I don't know if I will get much use out of it. I know I definitely wouldn't wear this to a five-year old's birthday party. I feel like it's way too much.

If you could share your thoughts on the dress' appropriateness and what occasions would be ideal for it, I would really appreciate it. Also, please let me know whether or not I could pull this off bra-less! I am willing to invest in a special functioning bra if not. Thank you.

Here are some pics of me in it:

http://imgur.com/Al7QHfU

http://imgur.com/dioZ41Q

Most Helpful Girl

• It's too much flesh or negative space, you need something like a peek-a-boo bra or a necklace. I would personally go with a statement necklace, but a long silver or gold chain would look nice too. I'm not good at choosing places to wear things :D

What Guys Said 41

• I would not be happy about my girl wearing that to dinner, even if we were going out afterwards. Hey! Look at me! I'm eating with my boyfriend, but I want everyone in the restaurant looking at my boobs! Fuck that. I want guys looking at my girl because she's the most awesome person in the room, not because she's showing skin and they're hoping her boobs fall out.

Not that it's not nice for what it is, and it looks good on you, but in my opinion its only good use is for clubs or certain types of parties... or having it ripped off you In the fit of passion it causes.

But I'm not your boyfriend. You should ask him.

• Well, my boyfriend loves showing me off like a trophy. As I do with him. :) I don't think he would mind. In fact, I think he'd want me to wear it, knowing all the guys would stare, but at the end of the night I'm going home with him. But I can see why some guys wouldn't be okay with that. My boyfriend doesn't control or monitor anything I do. All he asks is that I don't fuck anyone else lol. I can live with that. But yes, it's definitely a night time dress or something I could wear with a tank under as many people pointed out. Thank you. :)

• You have just given a lot of the immature guys on this site a couple of photos to save and perv over.
    I don't think you should wear it to school or work. It would be inappropriate.
    A night on the town... you can get away with it. But you will get a lot of attention.

• Maybe I'll wear it if my boyfriend takes me out to dinner somewhere nice? I don't really go to clubs or anything like that.

• Yes it would be perfect for something like that. :-)

• Well, you're right. You wouldn't wear it to the church social. That being said, it's a beautiful dress, and it isn't any more daring than what you see movie stars wearing on the Red Carpet at the Academy Awards. It definitely flatters your body. As for a particular type of bra to go with it, I'm not sure 'cause I'm a guy and don't know about those options. As I'm typing this opinion I haven't looked at any other opinions, but I don't doubt there are some who are scandalized and think it's too risque. And for the Ladies Auxiliary Bridge Club it would be, but not for a really special night out with your boyfriend.

• It's a lot yes. The opening doesn't stop until like.. you're belly button practically from what I am seeing here. This is something you'd wear at night when you have a "guest" or boyfriend coming over.

• If you're going for a sexy, single, night-out-with-the-girls type of event, yes that dress is cool if u have the confidence to wear it, and willing to accept the attention that dress will attract with a bust of your size.

I say bra-less... not sure. I could imagine ur 'girls' popping out the side for air! :-P

• Its a cute dress, but you are showing way too much in that. I mean if you are planning on having a wardrobe malfunction while out and about sure.
    If you are going to wear that wear a tube top under it or a camisole. You look good in it. but you are going to get unwanted attention in a get up like that.

• I think I would wear a a tank under if I were wearing it for day time and a special bra if it were night time so my boobs don't pop out lol.

• Well you do look good in that dress. And Id like to see the variations on that.

• I wouldn't exactly say its too much cleavage. It's just not as flattering as some other dresses would be. Your breasts look cute from the side, but the main impact isn't so much to highlight your breasts, it just sort of... idk. Shows lots of skin in a not especially pretty or sexy way?

Maybe the effect in person when you're moving around is different. the top photo looks better than the head on one.

• I see. I think that's the maim reason I wouldn't wear this without a bra. My boobs could use a push up. Thank you though. :)

• Well let's say this. If it showed any more cleavage you'd be bare busted and you'd might as well just wear a skirt minus a bra. Not being funny but yes, it shows way too much cleavage for any occasion I can think of.. You'd take the spotlight away from what's going on because you'd be the main event, It's not appropriate for any event I can think of unless there's some particular statement you'd be trying to make.

• WOW now thats a dress!!

Flatters you quite nicely acctually, definalty no need to return it,
    As you alredy mentioned that is definalty not a dress you could wear to family occasions lol.

Id say you alredy are pulling the dress off bra-less no worries there, though i supose it all comes down to this ss long as you feel comfterball in the dress, wether it be with the special functional bra or with out then that should be the only thing that really matters.

Appropriate occasions, dinner, dating, going to a show or theater.

all in all Awesoem find and i really hope you enjoy wearing it, being seen out and about in it because that dress will defianlty turn heads, it is one of those dresses that completely emphasises a womans beauty!

• Christ on a bicycle, you've got balls, if I was a girl I couldn't wear clothes like that.

• I just have this mental of Jesus on bike cruzing in downtown Boston, using one hand to steer the handle bar and the other to sip his blue raspberry slushy. Awesome image.

• 3|0
    • Lol, I've seen those. If I were going for a day time or conservative look, I could definitely use this. Thank you. I didn't even think of that. :)

• well if you buy a dress like that clearly the goal is to show cleavage right?
    I don't know what "too much" cleavage is but you can't really show a whole lot more so you are showing a lot

• There are more parts to the question. :)

• where would be appropriate to wear?
      I guess a club, perhaps some fancy dinner but one where it may be to show off a lot of skin. a red carpet event. I don't know I just don't really see a lot of places where it wouldn't get negative attention aside from sort of a more progressive, liberal crowd

• Never is too much haha jk
    I'm sure you also look stunning :)
    Haha and yeah, don't wear it for a five-year old's birthday party
    It's good for a party and maybe a night with friends

• Thank you. And yeah, not appropriate for you average five year old birthday party lol.

• wow1 I think it looks great. and your breast are amazing too.
    if your in church. maybe too much clevage. but anywhere else is perf3ct amount.

• Great googly-moogly. Yeah, that's definitely just a nightclub dress.

• yeah I say too much. but that's just me :P

• you could wear it to events that would seem okay for that kind of outfit or clubs or whatever but that dress and exposure rate is just asking for bad news:P

• It shows an appropriate amount of cleavage. It's high fashion, a sophisticated girl kind of tease.

• I think it looks amazing on you! :)

• Depends on where your wearing it too. I think there is too much space in between your breasts personally.

• Well, yeah, sorry but I don't have fake tits so they're not going to be up to my collar bone.

• I'm not being snotty. I'm just saying I'm aware that I don't have to perfect chest. And yes, I am aware that my boobs are far a part. Most women with natural medium to large sized breasts usually aren't extremely close togther. Thanks anway.

• And I didn't ask an opinion on what people think of my boobs. This isn't a "rate my rack" lol. I asked if this was appropriate, if I could pull off not wearing a bra, and where I can wear this dress. A lot of people are making comments on my chest. Whether good or bad, it's irrelevant to my question.

• ummmm yep!

• Damn girl... r u trying to make us cum?

• Eh, no. I'm trying to determine where I should wear this dress. If you're that immature than that's not my fault. Yes, I have boobs. You act like you've never seen them before.

• Not your's, and don't blame me because u have such a hot body

• I know dude... act like you've seen some cleavage before! lol

• I like that dress on you, but you should invest in some tape so you don't pop out.

• I personally think it shows too much. Maybe if you wore some kind of blouse or something under it, it would work.

• Looks good to me

• This is something I would advise not wearing in public maybe to a club or something but no were else would it be deemed appropriate it simply shows may to much.

• no, not at all, and i'm not just saying that because i'm a guy, no, not at all.

• Hot. nuff sed

• Damn that looks perfect. i approve :)

• It almost feels like u r advertising your bust. What else did you think?

• Did you even read the whole question or just type that comment after only reading the title like some other people? Or maybe you have a problem with reading comprehension, because there is more to the question than just if you think it's too much. I have nothing to advertise. I'm not for sale.

• How you perceive my intentions is up to you. Just because sex dominates your mind doesn't mean this was intended to be a sexual question or get anyone off. I have boobs. You most likely sucked on your mom's as a baby. Get over it. I am not responsible for you taking this out of context.

• way too much xD i mean if you want people to thin, you´re a hooker, its fine

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 15

• It's a little hard to tell with it being zoomed in so much--with such a low neckline, the skirt length would make a big difference as far as occasions go--especially with a color as ambiguous as black. ... mutedaisy's right in it needing an bold accessory

I'm sure half a dozen people will think me an idiot for saying this, but... have you considered a cami or something as a base layer (it ruins the effect for which the designer intended for sure... but it might help diversify its use)?

• It isn't very short at all. It's almost half my thing length. And no, actually a lot of people suggested that. Some girl suggested a corset or bandeau of some sort.

• hmm, i'm thinking boots then, with a few inched heels, black patterned... i so wanna say uggs because of the shape i think would be complementary... but those are just too casual.

i like your idea of a corset... in theory you're killing two birds with one stone, and the pattern of it could add some flavor to your accessories... maybe bridge them with whatever shoes you pick
      ... i'd be careful though, a lot of them are textured and that would show up awkwardly through the silhouette of the dress
      ... god you have so many options with that thing it's hard for me to visualize a good look or color scheme!! sorry i can't be of greater help :)

• No, this was very helpful. Thank you.

• i'd suggest u to wear it without a bra, u look hot n i don't think it would cause any boobs popping out, if u want to pull the boobies closer then maybe use sticky nubra cups to make a deep sexy cleavage. u should wear it on a night out with ur bf, and by the description u have given i think ur bf will like it if u wear it without a bra. wear a short/mini skirt with it, ull look perfect :)

• Well, I have tested it out and moved around with it and it is possible for a nip slip if I'm not careful. It's actually a full dress. It's a peplum dress. Thank you for your feedback. :)

• np sweetie :) maybe post a picture when u wear it with a bra so that we could tell u which one looks better, i sure ull look hot even if u wear it with a bra :)

• you look good in it. I wouldn't wear it personally, it's too much for me. I think you could only wear it during the evening. Going to the mall in that in the day, I don't think it would be appropriate. By the way, are you wearing a bra in the picture? Because your boobs are really firm. Do you work out there? Or is it natural? I've been trying to improve the appearance of mine.

• Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. And thanks, that's really sweet. :) no, I do not work out, I probably should though lol. But I've heard of many women who do chest and upper body workouts to help improve their breasts, and it worked out great for them. I might try that soon, because although my boobs aren't super saggy they could use a little lift lol.

• I think it looks good, but the only problem is your boobs might pop out in it while your out if you're not careful, maybe find a bra that would hold them in place but not show or that would look tacky. I'm sure there would be a bra out there that would do that ha.

• Yeah, I think I saw one from Victoria's Secret that is supposed to give you lift and support but the band is low enough so you can't see it. I might look into that. Thank you. :)

• Oh that's brilliant I might have to invest in one of those myself :P no worries :)

• Way too risque for me, but it does look amazing on you!

If you do not want to invest in a specialized bra, you could use pasties to cover your nipples and double-sided breast tape to keep the neckline attached to your body. Another option would be to wear a bandeau, deep v-neck bodysuit, or an embellished bra/corset underneath.

• Wow, thanks for bringing all those different options to my attention. I'll definitely look into those. :)

• Sure, no problem :D

• Oh yes, more revealing than your avatar, I feel like you're fishing for compliments, that's might as well be nude...

• Okay, thanks for your input. But I already like my boobs and I know other men and women do, too, so I'm not fishing for anything. :) just simply asking for people's opinions on the dress and how it suits my body. Whether they decide to take it out of context or ogle at my chest, is their business and not my problem.

• I totally understand. Thank you.

• Bless your heart. Anytime.

• mmmmhmhmhmhm xD :P Me likey your new dress x3

• You have nice boobs so why not show them.

It depends on the location of course but i think it looks good.

• It's not at all vulgar, and I think it looks cute!

• yes it is. it's waaaay more revealing than what I thought it would be before I clicked on the pics lol but then again, I'm not a girl who wears revealing clothing. You can wear a top underneath.

• Yeah, I'm not used to wearing a neckline that revealing either. And yes, I definitely can. Thank you. :)

• Its gorgeous for wearing to go out clubbing! :-)

• Yes it shows a lot of cleavage

• Um it might be a little too much.

• Not everything is for everyone. :P thanks for the comment.

• As long as you wear it appropriately then it's no biggy.

• I think it needs a necklace to class it up. Not too much, IMO. If you had big breasts it would be different.

• Yeah, another girl made that observation as well. Thank you.

• Well yeah a bit revealing but you can wear it on very special occasions

• What type of occasion? I have no idea where I could wear it. I know I could wear it to a club, but I rarely go to any.