Do girls like androgynous guys?

All throughout my school year girls never took any interest in me. Then after I graduated I experimented with my looks: I let my hair grow out, shaved my moustache, got my ears pierced and got a few tattoos. I still dress the same but more women have acknowledged me and a few have even told me i'm beautiful.. I don't think I am but i'd pretty much describe the 2 styles women like in men as rugged and elegant.. Like the 2 guys in lord of the rings lol the dude with 5 O' clock shadow and the elf guy who looks like a chick lol

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Frankly I'd prefer an androgynous guy to a "manly" one any day. I feel like those who are androgynous go out of their way more in taking care of themselves (with exceptions out there). I also feel that androgynous guys understand some of the things women fight with in terms of appearance and hygiene a lot better than rough cut "manly" men. My father's a manly guy and he has never understood what it takes to make myself look the way I do and always harasses and teases my mother and me whenever I'm back home-he just doesn't understand :P I would prefer a guy that would understand me! :)

• I'm right there with you, I have a strict agenda everyday when it comes to my appearance: Shave, wash face, brush teeth 3 times a day, shower 4 an hour while i groom everything, moisturize with lotion, clean piecings, apply deodorant, spend about 2 hours smooth buffering and shining my nails at least every other week.. and on top of that carry on with every other daily task lol women aren't appreciated enough for their dedication to beauty.. anyways your name is awesome xD

• lol i've always been naturally gothy even if I dress in bright colors.. It's because i'm a scorpio >X) \m/

• Thank you for MH! :)

What Girls Said 12

• ever since i started having a type (when
    i was 12ish), people around me have told me i like the girliest-looking boys. i don't see it that way. i just like faces that are balanced and pleasant to look at while i have very little interest in body. i suppose that means i like androgynous boys.

• I don't think you look androgynous at least not to the point where you can't tell what sex you are. Definitely not manly but not girly just... a little effeminate? I don't know lol but I think you're attractive.

• Thanks lol at the best i've always called myself "somewhat androgynous." But i'm definitely not overly feminine.. I have had people confuse me for a girl at a distance or online because they'd only glance at a thumbnail pic of me.. I'm used to getting comments lilke that that's why I ask :/

• I think it has to do with acting as you want to and being true to yourself. As a girl in my twenties I find that's a really dificult thing to do even though I'm taking the "normal" or stereothypical course of action.
    I say yes! Be who you want to be, who you are; you're showing a lot of confidence that way and that's always attractive.

• He doesn't have to act like a guy - as long as he looks like a guy - that is good enough for me.

• No. I want to feel like a woman when I'm with a guy. It's the physical differences that makes me attracted to a guy. Not the similarities. I'm not into girls so I don't like a girly guy.

• I do, but you don't look androgynous to me...

• The whole idea of changing yourself because of others is stupid.
    I personally, like guys who feel good to be themselves and who are confident, no matter what their style is.

• I love androgynous men and women like my celeb crush is a woman named ruby rose

• i do rather like men like that, either bordering on the elegant look, but masculine, lol as a matter of fact the guy im sitting next to looks fairly feminine but he is way good looking lol

• Androgynous guys are hot.

• Honestly, they look way better than the many douchebags

• Not as much, no.
    I'm really into men having facial hair, not being overly groomed, I'm not into the metrosexual thing, etc.

• I assumed a majority of women wouldn't care for it as much. There are quite a few handsome men who are more rugged than clean cut. But we all have our own preferences.

• Absolutely.
      And I can honestly say that I have been attracted to some before, it's just more rare for me.

What Guys Said 2

• More girls like the androgynous look than the manly look in this day of age. I refuse to change my look however.

• When I think androgynous, I think of Mick Jagger in his younger days. He's had more women than I can count. Being a rock star doesn't hurt either.

I'm completely opposite of you, but I've never had a problem with it.