I really want one when I'm 18 would you find it weird if someone had this I think its cool:)

link

Most Helpful Guy

• i have my tongue split. it gives you a speech problem only until you learn to adapt to it and speak normally again. its a life changer, for me it was in a good way. I love that I did it and I don't regret it, but its a personal choice. I've had mine split for a good 5 or 6 years now. sometimes you need to go back to have it re-sliced because it will heal up a bit. your best bet is to have your tongue pierced first, gauge it to a 10, then after that heals get it split up to the barbell. even tho having your tongue split is a spiritual transformation for most people who have it done, some are required to get it sown back together which WILL permanently affect your speech and taste buds forever(for example: the military will do this). you don't artificial material to reconnect a tongue, just need to slice the insides and sow together. it will form the way it was to begin with except for the taste buds and speech.

overall I say do it and see for yourself, but make sure its a decision you're prepared to live with. do research on it instead of asking people their opinions because unless you have it done then people only speak rumors they've heard...which aren't true. you'll get a lot of comments, and people putting it down, but I think it was worth it. people are always interested by it and some are disgusted, but they learn to live with it because its not their body.

if you go through with it, I guarantee you'd love it (once its healed and you learn to talk again). just be sure, you don't wana live with something you regret and worst of all you wouldn't wana take the chances of needing it to be sown back together.

sorry so long, but I hope these FACTS have helped better than peoples comments and opinions.

What Guys Said 10

• I think that's awesome. I really like the look of a split tongue but I don't know if I would ever get it done on me. It would be such an odd new experience making out with a girl with a split tongue. Just be 100% sure you want it done beforehand. A lot of people will be grossed/weirded out by a split tongue and its not like a piercing that you can just take out if you don't want it anymore. If I ever were to get my tongue split I think it would be after I was 30 and I know what I'm doing with my life. Just don't rush into it.

• Yea I think its pretty weird it goes along with getting a tattoo on your face gauging your ears piercing your nose all those fun things.

• Well it gives you a speech impediment and is non fixable, tattoos and piercings can be fixed (Exeption of Large Gauges require surgery) But yo can not reconnect the tongue without artificial material wich will always be there and will never feel right.

• Oh god no. Just no.

• Its not my forte... but its your body your choice

• I think that it's sexy, but I like a lot of things that most people don't find attractive. like that lip ring in the video.

• nobody would kiss you

ever.

• i have a split tongue. pretty fun. would love to kiss someone else who has it :')

• i can imagine what it'd be like to get head from a girl with that :D

• Yeah, it's weird. Only very few people would like that. And you realize that they give you nothing to dull the pain as they are slicing your tongue in half don't you?

• Yeah I know but if you find a doctor to do it they give you local or general anesthesia.

• I have a hard time believing you could ever find a doctor that would be willing to do that to a person. If you do find one, please tell me his name, and office address so I can never go to the quack, and report him to the AMA

What Girls Said 6

• that is seriously f***ed up why on earth would you do that to yourself? the human body makes a tongue that shape for a reason. you wouldn't go splitting your nose in two or your eye in two or your leg in two would you? no! these parts of the body are ridiculously carefully developed and anyone who does that is seriously seriously f***ed up. end of story.

• Hey, if people get piercings and tattoos, I don't see a problem with people getting their tongues forked.

• That's f***ing gross. The only excuse for that is an accident with heavy machinery.

• i find it pretty disgusting. I wouldn't even be able to talk to someone who had a split tongue without gagging. I'm sorry, but that's just gross.

• YES I WILL SAY THATS PRETTY WEIRD.. I AS A GIRL DONT FIND THAT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL LOL..BUT IF THATS WHAT You WANT THEN You SHOULD GO FOR IT :)

• I think it's gross and disgusting. But that's my opinion.

If you like it and wouldn't regret it.

• Yeah, I think it is weird.