Overweight girls in bikinis? Thoughts?

Just wondering what the general consensus is nowadays. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about this:

Overweight girls in bikinis? Thoughts?
(Although that confidence is rockin' and I am so totally jealous!)

I'm talking more along the lines of this:

I mean, the way I see it, most of us females aren't out there so we can stand around and be eye candy for everyone, we're just out to have fun and get nice tan lines. So many people say overweight women need to wear coverups and one piece swimsuits, but the thing is that those women don't owe anyone anything- especially not dressing according to another person's tastes. I don't know, that's just my ยข2.

• Ew, put that away
  • It's totally chill

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's more, you either go to the beach or you don't.
    A one piece swimming suit wouldn't really make much of a difference in such cases (and indeed in most cases I don't think it hides that much...), so if you decide going to the beach, you better get a nice tan.

• Yeah, I think the second girl looks better in a bikini anyway, and she's not that overweight.

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 18

• On one side I say you are free to wear whatever you want. It your body and if you feel good wearing it, why not?

On another side, I don't like seeing overweight girl in bikini, they are not playing to their "strength" , you feel me? It like coming to an interview and say you hate working with other people. Most would appreciate the honesty and confident but you probably not gonna get hired for the jobs.

• It's chill but this is how it goes in my head...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O25ubxbhdc

An audible...
    OHHHHH maybe heard coming out of my mouth

• I don't mind at all! :)

• She can do what she wants, but I won't be looking at her

• Its their life. Let them also enjoy life the way others do. If I don't find it attractive, I'll just look the other way.

• Yes i like big girls in bikini's <3 :D :p

• The girl in the second pic is hot in my opinion.

• Let them do whatever they like putting up.

If they are comfortable with themselves.

• It's disgusting.

• 2nd one isn't bad.

but the 1st is like watching jason running at you with a pitchfork while your tied to a dead horse that is getting eaten by maggots.

• Ehhhh... I'm sorry but no... just no...

• they look fine, I'd just not look if it bothered me

• it would make me throw up. i dont like fatties

• That's so nice that you judge people by how they look and not how ⓦⓗⓞ ⓣⓗⓔⓨ ⓡⓔⓐⓛⓛⓨ ⓐⓡⓔ. Though some people do match their descriptions, you look like a douche bag and it turns out you really are one :) Congrats!

• u mad fatty?

• Exactly :) Thank you for proving my point. I would like to advise you in the future not to make assumptions on the way someone looks like for example "I don't like fatties" so basically- Don't judge a book by their cover. But I am assuming you've never read a book in your life... Seeing as how you don't know to state your opinion in a non offensive way.

• The girl in the second picture would be hot if she lost 75 lbs

• I'd rather not see it but they can do whatever they want to

• When I can have my stretched ears and other piercings and not. be judged for it bc it's my body then I won't have anything to say about qhat other people wear. How does a tiny piece of metal magically change my intelligence?

• Put that away I do not want to see that at all.

• Take it off!

What Girls Said 21

• It's totally chill. I think everyone should wear whatever they want. What bugs me, though, is that many women feel pressured to wear a bikini, even though they 'd like to wear something else. I mean I usually prefer a bra top with high rise bottom and I'd like to find a cool bodysuit style swimsuit, something with bare back or see-through details or an interesting cut. But in most stores they only sell bikinis. Sometimes I hear people say that only older or overweight women wear one-pieces or high-waisted bottoms instead of bikinis, and I just don't get it.

www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing
    http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/0f2hg1-i.jpg
    img.auctiva.com/.../727519066_o.jpg

• I have always been larger so I have never had the guts to wear a bikini even though you could compare me to the size of the second woman. I don't have the confidence but she looks good. I think that is partially because she is confident. Confidence radiates beauty.
    The way I see it - do what you want to do. Dress how you want to dress. If you scar everyone at the beach it's not your problem... In other words LΣT TΉΣ ΉΛTΣЯS ΉΛTΣ... That's all they want to do anyways

• The second girl looks fine to me, she doesn't even seem that overweight to me. I was actually just telling my friend earlier that i'm so tired of seeing curvier women wear the most hideous bikinis/outfits online, why can't they show off and wear things that flatter their shape instead of hiding it so much.

• I think it really shows their confidence and it's pretty brave. The girl is the second picture doesn't even look that big to me

• Everyone is free to wear whatever they want! I don't judge.

• No one trips balls when a fat dude is shirtless at the beach... why should they for women?

• My thoughts? People can wear whatever they want. If they are confident wearing a bikini, then they should.

• Let them do what they want I say.

• I voted B. Just because I may not particularly wanna see it (in all honesty, I don't like stomachs nor belly buttons, I'm weird I know. So I'd rather everyone cover up, skinny or fat, male or female), doesn't mean I'd stop them. If I don't like it, I can just look away. Fat people wearing certain clothing that doesn't fit them is not harming me just like skinny people wearing clothes that doesn't fit them doesn't harm me.

Personally, I am not comfortable with ever wearing a bikini. I wear "tankinis" but with a skirt/shorts bottom, never a bikini bottom. My sister thinks I dress like a grandma lol
    Kudos to the women with confidence, big or small, to wear that.

media2.policymic.com/...72da7457c67a620cea3373.jpg

• If they are confident in there body, why not
    everyone can wear whatever they want

• That girl is not overweight. She is normal. Super skinny supermodels are what you are comparing her to and she is perfectly fine and beautiful. If you compare your body to girls like Ariana Grande and Cover Girls, of course you'll think you're fat, but that is not how nature intended us to be.

• Medically, that girl is indeed overweight. I'm not downing on her in any way by saying this, I think she looks great, but her being overweight in an undisputable fact.

• She may be normal but she is overweight. Not to a morbid point but she could stand to lose 15 pounds or so. Or simply exercise more. You can see that she doesn't by the cellulite over her knees. I am much larger and don't have that issue because I work out at least three times a week.
      If only food could stop being delicious I could be smaller :-)

• Okay, so I am a big woman. And I don't want to see that top lady on the beach. I think there is a point when even with confidence its not good. The second picture is good. If a BBW lady is proportionate and fit then more power to her. But if you are large and flabby please don't.

• I agree with you code3, there is nothing wrong for this lady to be in bikinis, and as you said, she probably doesn't get a chance to get out in the sun, so its a great way for her to get some vitamin D and the only place to get that in your system is through your stomach... and really, she doesn't look that bad anyway... yep and if you don't like it, don't look... simple as that... there are a lot of blokes in speedos with lots of guff hanging out lol!! lol!!

• It's not pleasant to look at but she can do whatever she wants. Won't stop people from making fun of her though.

• to most people an overweight body isn't aesthetically pleasing but that's irrelevant to whether or not an overweight person should wear something.

• if people don't like it, don't look pretty simple. what's wrong with 2nd picture?

• There's nothing wrong with her, but she's overweight and therefore a good example for my question.

• I'm in better shape than she is and health advisors say I should lose 35 lbs of fat to be at a "normal" and healthy body composition.

• do it for you not because a health advisor says you should, not saying your not

• The one in the 2nd pic looks fine, she just has curves. I always say they make bikinis in those sizes for a reason, people wear them. If i looked like the first one however, I wouldn't wear that out in public. It's kind of humiliating.

• I think people should be able to wear whatever they want... simply because its their body and they have freedom. As long as they are comfortable with themselves they shouldn't worry about "what people are gonna think".

• Both are sexy. THREESOME!!

• I think the second girls body is sexy.

• why not just work out it's fucking disgusting