Guys, do you really like sexy lingerie?

i don't understand the point of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, yes.

I think it looks nice, and highlights a woman, helping make her look good. Sort of like you'd wrap a present, not because it's a crappy present, just to make it look extra nice as you get to it.

I think the present analogy is a good one as well, because part of the reason you wrap a present is to show someone you want to make them happy, and you're not just throwing something you had lying around to them. You have put time and thought into it.

When a woman wears lingerie, it is a way for her to show that she wants to excite her partner, turn him on, and wants to have great, not just 'okay since you were horny' sex. Men so often feel that they're sexual desire is an imposition, or something they should hide. To have an attractive woman we want show by her action of putting on lingerie that she wants us to be even more aroused by her, that our lust is what she -wants-, is both exciting and makes us feel great. In particular, it's a method where women who might in terms of acts in bed be more submissive and responsive do something active to show they want his desire.

• Thanks! but then, why don't men buy sexy lingerie for themselves too?

you'd like this : www.asos.fr/.../

• I actually had that discussion with someone the other day. I think the main answer is simply that women don't want them too. If they did, many men would (not all, but many).

Women don't seem aroused by men dressed up in sexy clothes to the same extent, or perhaps i should say, in -explicitly- sexual clothes.

I'd hazard a guess there are two reasons for this:
      - men tend to be attracted to women as 'sex objects'. Women tend to be attracted to men as 'power objects'. More women find men hot when dressed in a suit or a military uniform. Something that conveys strength and power. If he dresses up in a sexy thong, that might look aesthetically good, but makes him seem less powerful.
      - women are less flattered then men are at the idea someone wants to have sex with them. There's a whole lot of reasons behind that, but lingerie on a woman is her giving an -enthusiastic- YES to sex. Women may suspect men would give an enthusiastic YES to an average girl on the corner.

• great answer! thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's arousing.. Definitely gets the blood flowing. Some guys like to role play so lingerie/costumes are essential. Most of the reason behind it is doing it for that person.. To make them feel good, to make both people feel good. Some people don't bother, but it's nice to try different things occasionally

What Guys Said 14

• I like what lingerie for what it means.

It means that a woman really wanted me to think of her sexually. People get naked for all sorts of mundane reasons, showering, doctors visits, using a sauna etc. Getting naked for sex does not communicate the same level of interest that lingerie does.

Anyone can get naked at any time, but lingerie requires advance planning. These are questions are what a woman must answer:
    - what color should I wear?
    - what type of lingerie should I wear?
    - what things might he like?

These questions and others have to be answered in advance. The act of answering these questions, obtaining the lingerie, deciding to wear it, and actually putting it on are a times to think about your partner sexually.

Putting sex in your mind again and again is the point of lingerie.

My wife and I shop for lingerie together. We have gone online together and selected items we both liked. She has also modeled bras for me in the dressing room when we've gone out shopping together. She then wears what I request that she wear or sometines she surprises me.

The lingerie gives us another element to our sex life together.

• truth be told lingerie doesn't do anything for me and a wast of money

• I prefer old grandma underwear actually

• Once I had a cute young girl living with me who got drunk one night and knocked on my bedroom door wearing hot lingerie, nothing else. "Coming to see me have my bath?" she asked coyly. Other than that time, I've never been impressed by any kind of lingerie. It's adequate and to the point if they just get naked.

• I like it to be slightly see through and hope I can see some pubic hair

• Yes, I love lingerie, and even normal bras and panties on ladies.

• good, we are in the same boat. im gonna tear it off the broad regardless

• It's eye candy, guys see sexy, rather then think sexy.

• I LOVE it. it makes a sexy body look even better :)

• It's kind of stupid. But at the same time if a woman dresses up to impress me it's hot; especially in clothing designed to be see through or easily removed. The hottest though; just don't wear anything below you're normal clothing. Yes mam

• booty shorts and yoga pants baby!

• Yes because it makes the girl frel sexier

• To turn us on? A girl in lingery is WAY more of a turn on than a naked one

• Yessssss

What Girls Said 1

• Nooooo
    Men love old granny panties that come in the colors of grey, beige, and white.
    They love it when the granny panties go all the way up pass your belly button.

• i thought men liked boobs, not bras.