Ladies, how do you want your man to dress?

This may be a funny question... but I'm quite serious. It's funny... when I go out, I usually dress like this:

Ladies - How Do You Want Your Man To Dress?
However... the only people I tend to get compliments from are other guys (straight or gay... doesn't matter) and older women in their late 30s. Only very, very, very rarely will a woman in my age range (I am 25) compliment me on my fashion.

So... my question for you ladies - how do you want your man to dress? What do you think looks attractive?

After reading a lot of these posts... you ladies aren't really into sophisticated men... huh? Lol

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 66

• Dressing to the occasion.
    Personally, I really like a man in a *fitted* tshirt and jeans. Or shorts.

l7.alamy.com/.../...ey-t-shirt-carrying-dbhedj.jpg

The BIGGEST No's [for me] about clothing:
    -Holes
    - Cut clothing
    -Bedazzled/reflective
    -Baggy (a little bag is fine. Pants need to stay on your ass without you having to pull them up every 2 minutes)
    - Crocs/sandals
    - Hawaiian Shirts (Personally don't like them)
    - Skin tight clothes (unless working out; then idrc)
    - Dirty
    - Too small/short

• if that's ur style then i like it a lot.! I'm fine with anything from a casual shirt and jeans to a suit.

i think it's easier for me to say what styles i dislike on men:
    - skinny jeans that dont have much leg room
    - densely patterned clothes
    - wearing pants down at the knees -.-
    - sandals. i really dislike sandals on men.
    - neons. goes for both guys and girls.

that's all i can think of for the moment.

• I think that is very attractive, and you should stay true to your style. I like seeing a man dress up. Something you should try is vary your style slightly, just to catch the attention of girls who just got used to how you normally dress. I like suits, etc. But my close second is a soft t-shirt and shorts/jeans. It's more casual, and makes me think of a guy in a different way, like home on the weekend if we were living together, just lazing around or cuddling or something.
    Long story short, mix it up some to keep it interesting, but don't completely change your style. Fashion goes along with personality really well, and you shouldn't pretend to be something you aren't.

• 0|2
  • I just like casual things, I guess? A t-shirt and jeans is totally fine with me. I guess I really like when my boyfriend wears this black button-up shirt that kinda has a floral-y design on it, that's really hot, and I like his navy coat too that's just above floor length. It's easier to say what I don't like, I think, which would be skinny jeans, neon colours, sandals, saggy trousers, ripped clothing.

• I like both business casual dockers, buttoned down shirts, tie optional - and someone looking comfortable in jeans and t-shirts that fit well, but as long as his wardrobe contains more than a rainbow of polo shirts, I'm probably not going to complain about how he dresses.

But I really hate polo shirts. They scream ''I know I'm not supposed to wear a t-shirt, but lack any imagination about how to solve the issue so this ugly shirt with a collar will have to do.''

Very nice question, by the way.

• Well isn't it a bigger compliment to be complimented by a guy? Thats how its with girls anyways. I always compliment girls and as they notice that im serious, they get so happy, cos they dont excpect honest compliments from a girl.
    And the fact that older women like you maybe indicates that you look much more mature than others at your age. I would date you, if you asked me out... maybe I'd ask you out :D

You should dress the way that you feel comfortable. Cos confidence is what women like ;)

• This tbh... When you're hot you don't need to do much lol
    shechive.files.wordpress.com/.../tshirt-guys-0.jpg

• He looks like me in the morning ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ not like me in the after noon tho ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Omar5881 No, that "hmmm" meant "do you think I'm that gullible"? hahahah

• Shit you broke my hopes , quickly I must think of something to get your attention
      Hmmmmm I got pizza ๐Ÿ• ๐Ÿ˜‚

• i prefer a more casual look. if its a special occasion then yeah you should dress up but outfits like that every day are too "pretty boy" for me. i love dressing up too (i love high heels, have a lot of skirts and dresses, and like a drawer full of jewelry) but if its just a casual place, then i dress casually and i like when guys do too. and i can't stand those kind of shoes i dont know what it is about them but they just really turn me off. i prefer sneakers. just a t shirt, jeans or shorts, and sneakers is perfect to me. i'll most likely look more dressed up, i've always been into fashion but i dont like when guys are just as into it. something plain and simple is what i like.

• I prefer whatever makes him comfortable.

• I actually prefer guys who dress up, mostly in three piece suits like this:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...85e840db70.jpg

Honestly, if you'd see James Bond wearing it, I'll love a guy who can pull it off. My problem is, most guys don't seem comfortable when they're dressed that way. They look like boys being forced to dress up for church, and that's not attractive.

• its more like it just doesn't seem like the occasion to wear a 3 piece suit.

I do love breaking it out though when the time calls for it

• Then rock it all winter long! The ladies will thank you!

• Glad to hear it's a date ;)

• What? I LOVE that style on men!!! Makes them look extra attractive and well put together.
    Sophisticated men are so dreamy. ๐Ÿ˜ Keep doing you man!

• I mean, that outfit is banging.

But I like my boyfriend's style, levis and jeans. However :3 my favorite outfit of his is the Tony Hawk shirt I got him, his pant khakis, and his jordans <3

• t shirt and jeans or t shirt and shorts with sneakers is fine with me.

• lol. my sister would love you.

tbh, i don't pay THAT much attention to a guy's clothes. a well-dressed guy is really attractive, but... i've also found dudes wearing just sweats to be really attractive too.

• I like both styles, casual and sophisticated... it really depends on the situation. On a date, at church, at a party, or anything like these I prefer my man to be wearing something nice, and not just casual clothing. If we are on a date at the beach or movies, instead of a nice restaurant or any other time I prefer casual and lose... It make me feel more comfortable around him.

• That look is pretty gay, in the lame sense of the word. Not the homosexual sense. Sophistication doesn't come from having nasty shoes with no socks and looking like a leather satchel model.

• I love this style.
    It's not everyday wear. Once a while is nice. Jeans and polo shirt are just fine. Looks easy and polished.

• I feel like a man can dress however he'd like. As long as it is appropriate, and he likes/ is comfortable in it then it's fine.

• well, just casual jeans and a tight v-neck t-shirt to show his muscles. And he has to wear shoes or sneakers (i hate flip flop. And a leather jacket would do good. And i'm also love guys who gel his hair.(call me picky, but that's just my type of men)

• I'm attracted in guys who don't look like trying too much. Otherwise I don't feel confident; I prefer to be the coquettish.
    So maybe I'm a bit bizarre but I would even prefer a guy who has basically no style (but still, he must be beautiful!) rather than someone too sophisticated for me.
    I'm kind of a 'norm-core' I think.

But at the same time, I like very casual clothes when they fit nice (nice pair of dark jeans, simple t-shirts with please no text written on it and no v-neck!)
    โ€ฆwhen paired with some specific and nice details: nice bag (not that mainstream Herschel bag everyone has), nice pair of shoesโ€ฆ

hope it helps!

• Just dress nicely and it's all good (as in cleanly and appropriate for whatever occasion)

• Like a grown up - no hoodies (unless it's on a hike) and no stupid t-shirts. :)

If you dress like that it might look too sophisticated for people your age so you need to tone it down a notch. Maybe replace the pants with jeans, or the shoes with sneakers.

• The more badass, the better. You know, leather jackets and combat boots, that kind of shit. Love it.

• I like that style but then I date older blokes who dress in suits and dress smart so I think that style is more mature. Definitely for me though. I'm not crazy about anyone who dressed gangster or anything? I like smart clothing.

• I love those clothes!! You free Friday night? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• I don't like that outfit, tbh. The tops/blazer etc looks too tight and stuffed.

I would prefer mine to wear dress shirts and pants, but not all the time though. I like varieties. So change between classic to casual (white tee, khakis, etc)

• Be yourself!!! She will feel bad if you try to dress a certain way only for her!!! Some others will might find it sweet. I'm a Libra so I feel this way, depends on what star sign she is for me to determine if she would be more inclined to like it or not like it

• The men I date generally wear:

chinos with casual shirt and boots
    OR
    suits with leather loafers
    OR
    vintage band shirts with 501's, sneakers & sports jacket

• More from Girls
    36

What Guys Said 11

• Thats not a sophisticated look. Thats my father has a place in the Hamptons and I'm a trust fund kid look. Lol

• I was thinking hipster homosexual who does not even know how to change a tire but that works too.

• @JRICHARDS1996 hahah soooo trueeeee. Brb calling Triple A cuz I don't know how to change a tire. I betcha it comes with the annual fee ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I go more the Iowa Cowboy look that I adopted while in college.

Dress shirt, good pair of bootcut jeans, nice good pair of clean timberlands or similar boot type.

No cowbiy hat though, hats don't work for me

• I disagree, of a women telling me to dress. i know to dress. i get mad that of people telling what to do. All, my families member know how upset when i be control. i have a question: How it feel that a men tell a women to dress? She will feel the same way.

• Man i wear blue jeans and work boots and nobody ever compliments me lol
    What ever im just doing me ya know

• Dont matter to me, im always going to have my main clothes comfortable, then a couple suits to look snazzed out and a couple kilts to rock out in

• Oh and my mr. Fix it outfit, a plaid shirt with rolled up sleeves, a pair jeans and boots and a tool belt with iron and steel tools

• ladies seem to like my black shorts, black wifebeater gig in the summer... and black track pants, black hoodies for winter.

• Shoulder pads, war grease and j straps

• This is how I like dressing too, but yea, girls nowadays are often too shallow to appreciate a modern gentleman look.

• I don't know. I usually dress in a band t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers.

• i dont have any style, i wear the fucking shittest clothes. i really need to step up my fucking game.

• I usually dress casually